What's new

Fantan A-5, Q-5 (NanChang) of Pakistan Air Force

1624136129064.png

1624136165783.png

1624136222769.png

Were these used in the War on Terror?
Most of the jet usage in the war on terror came after their retirement (Zarb-e-Azb and beyond). I don’t think they were used in the WoT in Swat during 2007-2009, likely because the F-16 could deliver strikes much more precisely. Other than that mostly helicopter gunships were used, in Swat a lot of the fighting was in the city and surrounding towns, so bombings would cause a lot of collateral damage too.

If they were used and I’m not aware then someone kindly correct me.

This was the most secretive (hidden, not seen too often in the public) plane of PAF and with the shortest life/service span.

Did the PAF A5 come with a CCIP or a targeting pod of sorts for precision bombing strikes? If so, can i have a source please?

Did the PAF A5 come with a CCIP or a targeting pod of sorts for precision bombing strikes? If so, can i have a source please?
PAF only had A-5B and C and they did not have any targeting pods and used normal Bomb sights.The variants like the Q5E/F were capable of precision strikes they had Pods under the fuselage and could carry 2 LS-500J laser guided bombs but these variants were developed in the late 90s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom