What's new

IDEAS 2018: PAKISTAN NAVY IS NEGOTIATING FOR ANKA-S UAV

satcom......who,s satellites will it use?
during war can that satcom be terminated?

anka_elektronik_harp_ucagi-jpg.523251

I think this version of Anka should be obtained in large numbers, to monitor large sway of territory for scum.
It's a very good deal I hope PAF and Army will buy as well.

Pak needs a large Arsenal of Armed drones to deal with low key warfare at SW and NW areas.

Turkish ANKA drone is Sick. Seen it up close and talked to the drone pilot.

Why would navy need anti-tank payload uav?

It must be some other version of this uav with naval capabilities.

@cabatli_53 can help.

I don’t suppose Navy variant will be armed. Turkish Navy requested Anka-B variant which has SAR radar payload for maritime surveillance on all weather conditions but It seems Pakistan negotiates for SAT-Com variant Anka-S which is actually developed for Turkish Air Force. Anka will be a perfect cost effective solution to serve for maritime patrol duties, anti-smuggling, watch of illegal EEZ occupation and search and resque missions. With new domestic, lighter and more powerfull engine (PD-170), Anka will be able to carry more payload on higher altitudes (up to 40000ft). Most probably, Pakistan request Anka-S with SAR radars as well.

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

satcom......who,s satellites will it use?
during war can that satcom be terminated?

Pakistan has active communication satellites on space and some transponders on civilian satellites have been separated for military duties. It will be enough to control Anka-S at any location satellite covers.

Besides, SatCom terminals (20Mbit data transfer capable) developed by Turkish institutes are highly resistant to interference. They have developed special crypto devices to block a likely hostile jamming.

Dip8QtLWAAEGduV.jpg:large

China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC) unveiled the jet-powered WJ-700 high-altitude, high-speed UCAV. The design strongly resembles the MQ-9 Reaper and CH-5 UCAV, with a jet replacing the rear-mounted propeller. Based on literature shown at the Zhuhai Airshow, the WJ-700 has an mtow of 3.5 tonnes, and endurance of 20 hours. CASIC describes the WJ-700 as designed for long-range anti-ship missions, anti-radiation missions, as well as electronic warfare and jamming. The concept model suggests four underwing pylons for a variety of munitions, including the CM-502KG anti-ship missile and the CM-102 anti-radiation missile.

China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC) unveiled the jet-powered WJ-700 high-altitude, high-speed UCAV. The design strongly resembles the MQ-9 Reaper and CH-5 UCAV, with a jet replacing the rear-mounted propeller. Based on literature shown at the Zhuhai Airshow, the WJ-700 has an mtow of 3.5 tonnes, and endurance of 20 hours. CASIC describes the WJ-700 as designed for long-range anti-ship missions, anti-radiation missions, as well as electronic warfare and jamming. The concept model suggests four underwing pylons for a variety of munitions, including the CM-502KG anti-ship missile and the CM-102 anti-radiation missile.

Pakistan don't need it as we already have MALE UCAVs from China and local one is under development, what Pakistan need is something like CH-7 Stealth UCAV.

I personally think this is a bad idea. Most of of Turkish technology uses US and Israeli components, which will be a nightmare for us later. Case in point is the Combat Helicopter, which is now stalled / stuck due to US engine. I believe Pakistan Navy should indigenize some design if offered to them, where the components are non-ITAR, and system is more flexible than ANKA. Anka is a great development, but it would be a big liability, and many weak link failure issues, for Pakistan Navy or any customer in Pakistan that takes up this Turkish program.

Except it seems like the helicopter engine issue is not really an issue and more like fake news originating from Russia

Pakistan Navy should consider someone that would give them an IP transfer, and then they can continue the product and its mission families in different roles including combat.

I looked at this further. As with the Chinese, the transfer of these systems would be a violation of MTCR, which Turkey is a signatory of. Further, all the US based subsystems of Anka would be not be transferable to Pakistan. Pakistan Navy is better off to look for options it can build locally and maintain and sustain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom