What's new

India is now the #1 emerging market to invest in, according to 85 sovereign wealth funds and 57 central banks representing $21 Trillion in assets!

My guess is that Vedanta will stick display glass manufacture and High technology manufacture of chips will probably handled by Foxconn independently.

My guess is that 40nm chip technology already 15 years old will be more likely available from a Taiwanese company. They were not comfortable with Vedanta as a partner.

Independently they will do better.

For the Indian government; just remove any red tape in the approval process. Then only red carpet welcome is possible.

To all Indian members here.

Which India stock that is going up to the moon?

boo hooo ! have a good cry
He is probably still profiting(for self interest reasons) in what is misery for Pakistanis right now so one can understand the Baghdad Bob mentality.

Even if its 40nm we should take it, upscaling won't take too long once we have the setup in place.

Problem is we don't have one till now

Check this below video, on how we messed up things in the past. Idiots

The more encouraging news is the spread of investment to smaller towns - these were being left out in the past hence a urban migration (and future unsustainable cities).

Now foreign MNCs are looking at smaller Indian cities to invest that will drive even more middle class growth while maintaining a decent urban growth balance.

He is probably still profiting(for self interest reasons) in what is misery for Pakistanis right now so one can understand the Baghdad Bob mentality.

The more encouraging news is the spread of investment to smaller towns - these were being left out in the past hence a urban migration (and future unsustainable cities).

Now foreign MNCs are looking at smaller Indian cities to invest that will drive even more middle class growth while maintaining a decent urban growth balance.
Agree

Even my city Hyderabad is fast approaching unsustainable levels, for lower middle class people now. Another issue with dumping all investments in one place, is burdening the said city's infra too. I don't know how true it is but, people who have been here for long time now, say that the Nizam built drainage and drinking water facilities considering some 10 times growth of population that will come to be (they give estimates of 300000 people and facilities built aimed at 30,00,000 in future).

Now the population levels have reached crores from lakhs. I really hope the corrupt politicians, realize this and take necessary actions of divesting these upcoming investments all over country and then cities too. Having just few cities like Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore etc will not solve the problem.

Hardly surprising. India is a very poor country, even by South Asian standards.

India's poverty rate is a staggering 84% and that means there are literally well over a billion people living below the poverty line who would be more than willing to work in sweatshops for peanuts, to fuel the ever-growing western consumerism.

If someone think that's somehow going to make things easier for the poor, they're sorely mistaken. You'll only see more billionaires popping up in India. After all, there are almost a thousand billionaires in China!

Speaking of which, China has a poverty rate of just 13% and even Pakistan has a "fairly" decent ~25% poverty rate, though that's subject to change due to crushing economic challenges.

So yeah, that leaves the field wide open for India. In modern times, "business opportunity" is another way of saying "human exploitation." It's all about saving nickels and dimes to turn millions into billions.

Get the figure right firstly.... Even being seven time bigger than Pakistan, pakistan has 21 ℅ and india has now only 19 ℅.

And said correctly, India is not able to match with poor standard as pakistan. Sorry for that.

Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI), published annually by the UN Development Programme (UNDP) and the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative. “Incidence (of multidimensional poverty) fell from 55.1 per cent to 16.4 per cent,” said the MPI report.

Agree

Even my city Hyderabad is fast approaching unsustainable levels, for lower middle class people now. Another issue with dumping all investments in one place, is burdening the said city's infra too. I don't know how true it is but, people who have been here for long time now, say that the Nizam built drainage and drinking water facilities considering some 10 times growth of population that will come to be (they give estimates of 300000 people and facilities built aimed at 30,00,000 in future).

Now the population levels have reached crores from lakhs. I really hope the corrupt politicians, realize this and take necessary actions of divesting these upcoming investments all over country and then cities too. Having just few cities like Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore etc will not solve the problem.
All of these cities were built on foundations or planning by the brits or rulers and then we just all grew them from the same basic concept.

Other than Islamabad(Also going long in the tooth and approaching unsustainable levels and technically merged with Rawalpindi) and Gandhinagar there aren’t many “new” cities as such.

There are either extentions built a few miles out or simple restructuring. There was an entire report on how excessive groundwater pumping in places like India have led to a tilt in the earth’s axis and part of that problem is heavy urbanization which is pushing over reliance on groundwater.

All of these cities were built on foundations or planning by the brits or rulers and then we just all grew them from the same basic concept.

Other than Islamabad(Also going long in the tooth and approaching unsustainable levels and technically merged with Rawalpindi) and Gandhinagar there aren’t many “new” cities as such.

There are either extentions built a few miles out or simple restructuring. There was an entire report on how excessive groundwater pumping in places like India have led to a tilt in the earth’s axis and part of that problem is heavy urbanization which is pushing over reliance on groundwater.
That is very alarming, had no idea about that.

Here in City many people with individual houses (I mean non apartment residences), drove bores illegally to so much depths. It might sound like propoganda or cheesy but, Govt sometimes should run ads or educational programs to let people know of the dangers. Lol but corrupt govts in subcontinent are busy looting, or planning for next election. Focusing on big ticket items etc, who cares of next generations.

I sometimes feel the older people managed nature better, or maybe its just me trying to say old is gold in a weird way. It is said that Nizam of Hyderabad dug, about 150 to 200 small or big lakes all around Hyderabad. Kept a dry place like Hyd hydrated so well

So many of them have been illegally occupied (called kabza locally), and real estate got built. Idiots

Agree

I don't think so this is limited to a few cities, like Hyderabad too is building greenfield Central Business Districts like Neopolis I guess in the outskirts of Hyderabad to make sure it doesn't further congest existing city.

Delhi did that by diverting growth to Gurugram and Noida, to such an extent that Delhi itself ended up being a failure in generating tech jobs and everything went to Noida and Gurugram. Only legacy centres opened by MNCs decades ago exist today in Delhi and just a few million square feet offices being built at NSP Pitampura.

Mumbai built Navi Mumbai on top of existing Thane and beyond, NM is such a delight to live in.

Biggest offender is Bangalore not having new greenfield satellite cities, unplanned rapid expansion is only making the city more and more unlivabe.
Chandigarh, Panchkula, Mohali, Bhubaneswar, Gandhinagar, New Town, Noida, Navi Mumbai etc were all built from scratch.

Which India stock that is going up to the moon?
Quite a few. The list is very long.

Even the best performing small cap MFs have given a return of >20% (annualised) over last 20 years. Many scrips have grown multiple times.

Anyone with a perspective of 5-7 years would make killer returns.

I really hope the corrupt politicians, realize this and take necessary actions
They wouldn’t. Because they are corrupt and think of only themselves.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom