What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Making some wing components for fighter jet has already been done since late 1980's

1662978841257-png.878259

1662978811610-png.878258

Last edited:
Any way, curren KF 21 prototypes have already had Indonesian Aerospace produced airframe components that are made from Aluminum. KF 21 still has aluminum made airframe components.
I refuted your false claim. Front, center, rear fuselage with main wing, vertical and side tails were built in-house at KAI Sacheon facilities.

Hybrid metal/composite parts produced with state-of-the-art and cutting-edge machinery and tools that Indonesia‘s aerospace industry doesn‘t own. Hence the needed investment for their own IFX production line. At the moment it‘s only a sad useless big hall with not much equipment in it.

So, where is your proof, that Indonesian wings and tails or any other part is installed in KF-21 prototypes 001-006?

I refuted your false claim. Front, center, rear fuselage with main wing, vertical and side tails were built in-house at KAI Sacheon facilities.

Hybrid metal/composite parts produced with state-of-the-art and cutting-edge machinery and tools that Indonesia‘s aerospace industry doesn‘t own. Hence the needed investment for their own IFX production line. At the moment it‘s only a sad useless big hall with not much equipment in it.

So, where is your proof, that Indonesian wings and tails or any other part is installed in KF-21 prototypes 001-006?

I have said many times here, that for composits Indonesian Aerospace hasnt been ready, I only claim the alluminum parts and I get the information from Indonesian senior engineer in KFX/IFX program directly as I have personal connection.

About the proof, here

This done after the design phase has been completed (September 2019). Check the date it is in 2020 and conducted in Bandung Indonesia as all of engineers have come back home in 2020 March. There is design and analysts work package for twin seat prototype as well conducted in Indonesian Aerospace design office.

1630946123532-png.775999

I have said many times here, that for composits Indonesian Aerospace hasnt been ready, I only claim the alluminum parts and I get the information from Indonesian senior engineer in KFX/IFX program directly as I have personal connection.

About the proof, here

This done after the design phase has been completed (September 2019). Check the date it is in 2020 and conducted in Bandung Indonesia as all of engineers have come back home in 2020 March. There is design and analysts work package for twin seat prototype as well conducted in Indonesian Aerospace design office.

1630946123532-png.775999
Where does your „proof“ say, that Indonesian aluminium parts are provided for KF-21prototypes? Please mark the passage.
And „Bro, my senior engineering friend told me so, trust me“ doesn‘t convince anyone.

Wing assembly in Sacheon at 0:20 min and domestic made aluminium bulkheads and parts produced by Korea Aerospace Industries:

Where does your „proof“ say, that Indonesian aluminium parts are provided for KF-21prototypes? Please mark the passage.
And „Bro, my senior engineering friend told me so, trust me“ doesn‘t convince anyone.

Wing assembly in Sacheon at 0:20 min and domestic made aluminium bulkheads and parts produced by Korea Aerospace Industries:

I dont say all alluminium components. The alluminium component for wing, tail, and pylon

1682184827423.png

---------------------------------------

1682184498165.png

Translation : 2020 Annual Report, Indonesian Aerospace

I have provided you the document from Indonesian Aerospace, if you dont believe I dont care.

Last edited:
You left out the important part:

Airframe Component Manufacturing (ACM) ACM activities are component production activities carried out at PTDI with the aim of obtaining process qualifications from KAI and used as a vehicle for personel production to increase the production capability of both metal and composites. This ACM activity is divided into two, namely the manufacture of pylons and wing & tail. As of December 2020 PTDI has sent work packages for the pylon test & pylon prototype # 1 aircraft and wing & tail parts to KAI. Currently PTDI is in the process of finalizing the package aircraft prototype pylon work #2 -#6 and wing & tail.

These working packages (engineering data) and parts for pylon, wing and tail were sent to KAI for tests and process qualification approval, not for actual assembly.

You left out the important part:

Airframe Component Manufacturing (ACM) ACM activities are component production activities carried out at PTDI with the aim of obtaining process qualifications from KAI and used as a vehicle for personel production to increase the production capability of both metal and composites. This ACM activity is divided into two, namely the manufacture of pylons and wing & tail. As of December 2020 PTDI has sent work packages for the pylon test & pylon prototype # 1 aircraft and wing & tail parts to KAI. Currently PTDI is in the process of finalizing the package aircraft prototype pylon work #2 -#6 and wing & tail.

These working packages (engineering data) and parts for pylon, wing and tail were sent to KAI for tests and process qualification approval, not for actual assembly.

Your translation is misleading because you use Google Translate, no wonder you still cannot understand. The section that I previously posted uses technical writing that sometimes difficult to be translated using Google translate. Just bring Malaysian PDF member here if you want second opinion with no special interest like Indonesian member.

Here I translate it for you

1682184827423-png.925796

This ACM is divided into two (part) which is the manufacturing of pylon and wing & tail. Until December 2020, PTDI has send work package of pylon test & pylon (for) aircraft prototype #1 and wing & tail part to KAI (Korean Aerospace). Currently, PTDI is in process in completing the work package of pylon (for) aircraft prototypes #2 - (until) #6 and wing and tail.

----------------------------------------

Before being put to the KF21 prototypes, of course there should be validation first............

Between PTDI and KAI there are already different work package whether related to design or manufacturing. The deal regulate about work package. The work package is related to 2015 deal which is the EMD phase.

-----------------------------------------

This is 2020 Annual Report. Activities done in 2020

Last edited:

Alpha Unmanned Systems Expands Regional Footprint with Indonesian Company

Madrid-based Alpha Unmanned Systems (AUS) has established a licensed manufacturing partnership with Indonesian company PT Indadi Venyro in a bid to expand the former’s footprint across Southeast Asia. The partnership agreement was established in April 2023 after PT Indadi Venyro agreed to invest in AUS as a minority equity partner. Besides licensed manufacturing, the agreement would allow PT Indadi Venyro to provide local maintenance and support for AUS products in the region. AUS has supplied a maritime variant of its Alpha 900 rotor-wing unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to the Indonesian Maritime Security Agency (BAKAMLA). These UAVs are in operation on the service’s largest vessels – the 110 m patrol vessel KN Tanjung Datu (1101), and the 80 m Pulau Nipah-class patrol boat KN Pulau Marore (322).
bakamla-a900-1.jpg
bakamla-a900.jpg

Maritime services such as BAKAMLA have long sought for aviation capabilities that would significantly extend the maritime surveillance and interdiction capabilities of its vessels. However, prior to the widespread adoption of rotor-wing UAVs, this capability was primarily found on shipborne helicopters, which are cost-prohibitive for services such as BAKAMLA, which often has to compete for funding resources with services such as the Indonesian Navy. The partnership between AUS and PT Indadi Venyro has the potential to further drive down costs associated with operating the Alpha 900, which in turn paves the way for a wider adoption of this UAV type on other BAKAMLA vessels. This wider adoption of rotary-wing UAVs would improve BAKAMLA’s ability to carry out maritime surveillance operations within Indonesia’s territorial waters and exclusive economic zones, effectively freeing Indonesian Navy vessels for operations further out at sea, especially along the country’s sea lines of communications.

The Alpha 900 has a maximum take-off weight of 25 kg and a maximum cruise speed of 100 km/h. At the cruising speed of 60 km/h on its full payload, the UAV has an endurance of up to 2.2 hours. The UAV has a helicopter-like configuration with a tail and main rotors. In BAKAMLA service, the Alpha 900 has been equipped with the Epsilon 140LC dual-sensor surveillance system from Octopus ISR Systems. The surveillance system’s camera sensor has a 30x
optical zoom while its infrared sensor has a 4x digital zoom. The UAV has been incorporated with an automatic take-off and landing system that can operate at up to Sea State 4 for take-offs, and up to Sea State 5 for landings. The UAV is STANAG-compliant and features built-in redundancies for its critical systems. The UAV is not armed and when not in use, its main rotor blades can be folded for easier stowage and handling, especially when onboard vessels.

Last edited:

Anschütz Delivered SYNTACS for Indonesian Navy Mine Countermeasures Vessels​

Abeking & Rasmussen has selected Anschütz to design and deliver an integrated solution for mine countermeasures (MCM), command and control, and navigation for two mine countermeasures vessels of the Indonesian Navy. The first of the two new vessels, which are among the most modern ships of their kind, is currently successfully completing its sea trials. The integrated solution is equipped with Synapsis NX navigation and bridge systems, an integrated SYNTACS command and control system, as well as a state-of-the-art mine-hunting sonar. This enables leading-edge MCM operations that are highly precise, safe and efficient from mission initiation to mission success.

“We are proud to contribute to this new design of mine countermeasures vessels. As integrator for the MCM suite, command-and-control and navigation systems, we have designed and delivered an integrated solution that improves mission performance and safety, and also streamlines processes on board. Providing our MCM suite in an integrated solution improves safety, precision and efficiency in the detection and classification of suspicious objects, but also enables the distribution of a common operational picture across the ship and to other units,” said Dr. Thomas Lehmann, who leads the Integrated Mission Systems business unit.

Efficient mine countermeasures are of crucial importance for safe maritime traffic and the protection of maritime infrastructure. A newly developed software module for SYNTACS provides the capabilities required to plan, execute, coordinate and monitor MCM missions. SYNTACS can be installed as a stand-alone system or integrated with radar and (warship) electronic chart display and information systems (ECDIS/WECDIS). This provides a one-stop navigation and mission planning with standardised user interfaces and reduced training requirements. Based on commercial off-the-shelf hardware and modular software, SYNTACS represents a cost-effective, but powerful solution for mine detection and countermeasures.
SYNTACS compiles a comprehensive operational picture based on nautical sea charts and the navigation and surveillance sensors on board. Based on this picture, the MCM module enables planning and assigning search areas and search routes, either individually or based on predefined patterns. The MCM solution features object tracking above and below water as well as classification according to MIL-STD-2525. The objects and their precise position are integrated on the common operational picture and shared with every workstation on board in real time. The two MCM vessels will be delivered to the Indonesian Navy in 2023.
Indonesian Navy Mine Countermeasures Vessels-731.jpg

navy-mica-test.jpg
navy-mica-test-1.jpg
navy-mica-test-2.jpg
navy-mica-test-3.jpg
navy-mica-test-4.jpg
navy-mica-test-5.jpg
navy-mica-test-6.jpg
navy-mica-test-7.jpg
navy-mica-test-8.jpg
navy-mica-test-9.jpg

navy-mica-test-10.jpg

Navy Firing SAM Mica at Java Sea

Last edited:

Indonesian payment issue continues to shadow KF-21 programme​

By Greg Waldron11 May 2023
Indonesia’s share of the costs for the developmental Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) KF-21/I-FX remain a sticking point, with Jakarta to put forward a new payment schedule.

South Korean state news agency Yonhap quotes a senior South Korea official as saying that talks will take place, and that Jakarta will provide a new payment timeline by the end of June.

blob
336361795_124571777113657_5332600336569522969_n.jpg

“Indonesia has promised to notify South Korea of its payment plan for the remaining amount by late June,” says Eom Dong-hwan, head of Seoul’s Defense Acquisition Program Administration.

“In order to ensure the payment plan proceeds normally next month, our project chief is scheduled to visit Indonesia soon for talks with high-level defence officials on its details.”

Jakarta is a 20% partner in the W8.8 trillion ($6.7 billion) programme. After stopping payments in 2019, it finally recommenced payments in November 2022. Yonhap reports that it also made a W40 billion payment in February, but is still around W800 billion in arrears.

While Jakarta’s attitude payment towards payments have raised questions about its commitment to the programme, in February Indonesia’s deputy defence minister Wamenhan Herinda reiterated that Jakarta has a “big commitment” to the programme.

He said that Jakarta views the KF-21/I-FX programme as a strategic opportunity to “master high technology in the defence industry”.

Meanwhile, flight tests with KF-21 prototypes continue. In April the second prototype launched a Diehl IRIS-T infrared homing air-to-air missile for the first time.

This followed tests in late March where the same prototype dropped a dummy round of the MBDA Meteor beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile, and also fired its General Dynamics M61A2 20mm Gatling gun.

Four KF-21 prototypes are conducting flight tests, including the first two-seater, which had its maiden flight in February.

Hanya bisa mengurut dada.........

Indonesia’s share of the costs for the developmental Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) KF-21/I-FX remain a sticking point, with Jakarta to put forward a new payment schedule.

South Korean state news agency Yonhap quotes a senior South Korea official as saying that talks will take place, and that Jakarta will provide a new payment timeline by the end of June.

blob

“Indonesia has promised to notify South Korea of its payment plan for the remaining amount by late June,” says Eom Dong-hwan, head of Seoul’s Defense Acquisition Program Administration.

“In order to ensure the payment plan proceeds normally next month, our project chief is scheduled to visit Indonesia soon for talks with high-level defence officials on its details.”

Jakarta is a 20% partner in the W8.8 trillion ($6.7 billion) programme. After stopping payments in 2019, it finally recommenced payments in November 2022. Yonhap reports that it also made a W40 billion payment in February, but is still around W800 billion in arrears.

While Jakarta’s attitude payment towards payments have raised questions about its commitment to the programme, in February Indonesia’s deputy defence minister Wamenhan Herinda reiterated that Jakarta has a “big commitment” to the programme.

He said that Jakarta views the KF-21/I-FX programme as a strategic opportunity to “master high technology in the defence industry”.

Meanwhile, flight tests with KF-21 prototypes continue. In April the second prototype launched a Diehl IRIS-T infrared homing air-to-air missile for the first time.

This followed tests in late March where the same prototype dropped a dummy round of the MBDA Meteor beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile, and also fired its General Dynamics M61A2 20mm Gatling gun.

Four KF-21 prototypes are conducting flight tests, including the first two-seater, which had its maiden flight in February.

Kasihan program SBY g mau dilanjutin Jokowi, kalo ada kekurangannya kan bisa dilanjut lain waktu, punya program mef juga ngejar gfp yg ntah apa kredibilitasnya. Sekian pamit undur jadi sr lagi

Hello, it's a pleasure to post my first post here on the forum. In Korea, I couldn't find out exactly what Indonesians think about IF-X/KF-X, so I wandered around a lot and found this place. Hopefully, I believe the people here will be able to tell me a lot.
346052145_1194699101177348_7524196263066263169_n.jpg
345861689_555671930045936_7461261954710694646_n.jpg

345299611_799083158250450_5481346857466936941_n.jpg

blob

While it is true that many South Koreans have doubts about your government's KF-X/IF-X, I think it is also true that they do not want you to leave the program. In the meantime, this news is a somewhat positive sign. It shows that Indonesia wants to stay in the program. But what many SOKORs are worried about is whether Prabowo will be elected president in the next Indonesian elections, which will lead to an exit from the program as well as the current development. Personally, I don't think such an extreme situation will happen, but isn't he likely to be elected?

Back
Top Bottom