What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation Inducts Ten Sea king Helicopters

We wish new come soon as possible, but right case not seems to be in favour PN not moving above Z9s at max .. sea king seems to mirages saga for PN
THEY WILL SURE GOT SOME SOLUTION SIR . they are purchasing billions of $ worth surface fleet so they can buy few choppers too .

THEY WILL SURE GOT SOME SOLUTION SIR . they are purchasing billions of $ worth surface fleet so they can buy few choppers too .
Sure sir they will, but main thing is numbers so thay cant get all the news ones, they already invested tomuch in subs and surface vessels

Basically now PN air arm has 13 sea king that can do anti sub and anti surface role in addition to SAR and utility transport. Few years ago it was just 6 ... A definite many fold increase in offensive punch. Plus 6 sea king for air assault. A definite good increase from zero to 6.
Do we have enough Exocet in our inventory? Would appreciate if someone could share details of our Exocet purchases from France.

The re-painting is done when the helis go in for overhaul. Why would PN take helis out of service just to re-paint them which is a cosmetic issue? Its a different case when you get new assets and you can get them in the scheme you desire. As a taxpayer, one should be happy that such cosmetic things are not done out of cycle.

camouflage is not a comestic issue - and target identification in the fog of war becomes an issue if aircraft are incorrectly shot down because they dont follow standard paint schemes of your own forces.

Naval Air Arm Squadron 111 ASV / ASW sq is operating 6 x Sea Kings

2 x ASW
2 x SAR
2 x Utility

did we really purchase 10 if so how many for spares and attrition ? I doubt all 10 air frames are air worthy and I see only 4 flying here

so our total is 10 or 10 x flying + 6 spares

Naval Air Arm Squadron 111 ASV / ASW sq is operating 6 x Sea Kings

2 x ASW
2 x SAR
2 x Utility

did we really purchase 10 if so how many for spares and attrition ? I doubt all 10 air frames are air worthy and I see only 4 flying here

so our total is 10 or 10 x flying + 6 spares
the official news says that 10 were inducted.
any airframe bought for spares is not included in the list of inducted, as inducted means operationalized.

the official news says that 10 were inducted.
any airframe bought for spares is not included in the list of inducted, as inducted means operationalized.
May be remaining were in fixing will operationalized soon or already operational were allocated to some other naval port

How many Sea Kings is Pakistan Navy Flying now, I recall not long ago we procured some refurbished
Sea Kings from UK

Estimate Count ?

Wiki Indicating count figures close to 19 Existing Units

• 2017 UK gives Pakistan : 7 Units (Possibly this is already counted in above figures)

maxresdefault.jpg

ATR-72-Sea-King-Pakistan-Navy-692x360.jpg

• 2022 Qatar gives Pakistan : 10 Units
pakistan-navy-inducts-ws-61-sea-king-transport-helicopters-received-from-qatar-3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Info from Source:

• The ex-UK Sea Kings supplement the six veteran Westland SeaKing Mk45s, acquired in the early 1970s and operated by the PN’s 111 Squadron

1643563725365.png

Engineering has done well to keep these machines running would be nice to acquire 10-12 more units & Spares

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom