What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

I agree, but I can't help but see that SSG does used proper gear so now saying that funding is causing them to lower down the gear is something i find it hard to understand. But what do i Know ? people here knows everything about everything because their chache mamu in Army hence they have unlocked the purpose of life. Its sad to see how even title holds can resort to name calling when someone counter their narratives or question army. I am entitle to my opinion and I said this before and I will said it again, so far I don't find rescue ranger, penzerkeil arguments reasonable or valid. Lets wait until we see SSG operating again in some operation, I hope they don't die and kill all the terrorists cause in the end for me that's all that matters.
Don't take these internet sharp shooters serious afterall no ones a top shot whatever you said has been happening for 5 years from SSG to other levels its pointless arguing with people who paint a pretty picture. I used to do the same but overtime you realize that on the ground hardly anyone gives a toss.

Most of the people who you see are responding are from the families of Army so don't accept anything rational from them cause they/their kids are part of that corrupt System hence even if Pakistan lose they will still show us this fake bravado, and others are just Jazabati bache lol

The most Important thing in any operation should be staying alive while killing the enemy, but by looking at the performance of SSG in almost every Operation which was covered in Media and by looking at their lunda bazar ke used gear I doubt they even want to go for these Operations, most of them look like they wake up from last night hangover.
And thus have more to lose than expats living a cozy life in the US, making big statements right?

And thus have more to lose than expats living a cozy life in the US, making big statements right?
Nope, definitely not living a comfortable/cozy life, and even if I was, that would not matter. My whole argument from the very start was that I wanted to see less SSG death in operations, and in my limited knowledge and understanding, I believe poor gear/training is playing a huge part in their deaths. Now am I 1000% right ? no, but am I 1000% wrong ? no, nor we will ever know because there is no self accountability exists in regular army let alone ISI or SSG. You can't question them here on a forum, you really think they would dare anyone question them in real life ?

Nope, definitely not living a comfortable/cozy life, and even if I was, that would not matter. My whole argument from the very start was that I wanted to see less SSG death in operations, and in my limited knowledge and understanding, I believe poor gear/training is playing a huge part in their deaths. Now am I 1000% right ? no, but am I 1000% wrong ? no, nor we will ever know because there is no self accountability exists in regular army let alone ISI or SSG. You can't question them here on a forum, you really think they would dare anyone question them in real life ?
id agree that SSG surely aint equipped on par with US top tier but do you think color of the tuking body armour and not wearing some knee/elbow pads in some photos makes you eligible to guess that they have poor training or lack frag proof glasses? For fuk sakes.

All these pics you see are years old. Ive posted plenty of pics from the 14-16 ops with them wearing post of the stuff you guys are cribbing about.

You made moronic statements about lack of will, poor training. Do you have anything to back those up?
Homie my younger brother is in the SSG, my elder brother served for 5 fukin years in operational areas.

Do you think you worry about our troops more than their own families?

I can post a billion pics of ssg with plate carriers, eye wear, UBGLs, silencers but youd still find keeray in that.
You want the best for them? So do we, but we have to make do with what we got.

p.s: here are the US greens and deltas from 2015 afghanistan
92A757CC-2CC7-4F5F-A72F-6EC71E615C39.jpeg
F5A936DA-D593-40CB-A980-783D5C13E7D8.jpeg
BB2689F6-B330-4339-B015-61F52D7E7A12.jpeg
254074CE-D945-4AD6-96C9-CC48C7F414EA.jpeg
457F63C5-F100-427C-834C-A8AE84E8BACE.jpeg
AB94C0B7-2506-45A6-AC41-8576B3128B8E.jpeg

id agree that SSG surely aint equipped on par with US top tier but do you think color of the tuking body armour and not wearing some knee/elbow pads in some photos makes you eligible to guess that they have poor training or lack frag proof glasses? For fuk sakes.
I hope you understand the difference between observation and Opinion, About the body armor and gear that is my observation based on images of SSG in Operations, Lack of training is my opinion which I am entitled to.

You made moronic statements about lack of will, poor training. Do you have anything to back those up?
Nope, just my opinion based on their death ratio in Operations. You are more than welcome to disagree.

Homie my younger brother is in the SSG, my elder brother served for 5 fukin years in operational areas.
and ? How does that prove me wrong about anything ?

Do you think you worry about our troops more than their own families?
Nope, I just feel bad that our " best of the best " are not the best after all. If families wants to send their kids to Army or SSG, than its their choice. If my kid was in Army I would expect Army to made sure that he got appropriate training and gear before they send them to fight the enemy.

I can post a billion pics of ssg with plate carriers, eye wear, UBGLs, silencers but youd still find keeray in that.
If you have them than that's good, I won't find any keeray in them, I posted a old picture from Rahe-e-Rast, and pointed how SSG used to gear up when they conduct operations in areas like Bajaur, Mir Ali etc.

I think these are two different things and despite the urge to beat up the military with such claims, we should look into these issues carefully.

Reality is that VIP planes are purchased once in a blue moon and in Pakistan's case, most are second-hand, refurbished. If there are examples of excesses for the military leaders, lets bring them up but generalization is our enemy here.

Second, plots require no money upfront. It is just allocation/reallocation of plots given to MOD by the GoP. See this issue of plots is an interesting one. There are two primary reasons as to why this system exists in Pakistan. Leaving the historical reason aside (i.e. getting trained, disciplined yet retired military personnel to inhabit/settle far flung, undeveloped or under developed areas), the two other reasons are a) when most of our officer corps retires, the vast majority of it has been roving around (ala postings) without settling in one area and building a house for their families becomes quite challenging upon retirement. Aside from a familial home, you could potentially say I don't have a place of residence to my name. This is a unique situation that pertains to military personnel only given the nature of the job. b) The military obviously cannot keep up with the private sector in terms of pay/compensation etc. so land allocation is considered an alternate form of compensation (specially at 2 star and above level ranks).

In the case of b, how many are allocated etc. needs to be regulated but coming back to your point, lack of upfront money leads to these types of practices finding currency in Pakistan.
I wont respond to these one liner off topic rants. this obsession with hating on army leadership due to sacking of Imran Khan is making these PTI NPCs to rant on non political threads like OCD.
they are degrading the discussion with their continuous bickering and putting off our international posters who are now complaining that they cant have a peaceful discussion

and sadly PTI fellow cult members then join in giving reasons why its essential to rant and make us suffer in this forum.

Please be a little respectful. You’ve said your piece but keep banging on the same drum.

Please cite your sources about high mortality rates.

Personally, you have yet provided any empirical or photographic evidence to support your hypothesis about l:

1. Poor equipment
2. High mortality rates

Until you can provide this, you are just typing hyperbole. Several people have been patient enough to inform you, write detailed posts, and even explain the reasons why.

If you don’t want to listen, just agree to disagree and move on.

Acha one last thing, if you are interested, PM me your plans for 2023, come down to Islamabad around July.

I’ll take you to a firing range with some buddies who are active service SSG, you can put your complaints to them in person. 😊
one solution is to stop responding to this broken record.

Zarb e Azb, 2014.
I promise you and others that this thread won't be spoiled by that broken record you had to respond.
I am sorry it took so long.

there are multiple complaints about similar behaviour by some posters where a thread is over run by rants by a poster with issues.

although they get enough opportunity to vent it in relevant thread but then they bring their issues to a thread like this which is mainly a visual representation of what our special forces look like in different settings in training exercises and field.

I promise you and others that this thread won't be spoiled by that broken record you had to respond.
I am sorry it took so long.

there aee multiple complaints about similar behaviour by some posters where a thread is over run by rants by a poster with issues.

although they get enough opportunity to vent it in relevant thread but ghen they bring their issues to a thread like this which is mainly a visual representation of what our special forces look like in different settings in training exercises and field.
It really grinds my gears seeing a person who has no idea what they are talking about about a subject as niche as military SOF. Most of them are kids/ young adults who have played too much Call of Duty or watched a lot of Hollywood propaganda movies. I try my best to ignore them but sometimes I just can’t. I get that everyone is entitled to their opinion but some of them need to sit their *** down and reserve their opinions to things they actually have a clue about.

A lot of the times Special Forces are victims of their own success and hype. This leads to overconfidence and underestimation of the adversary.
Interestingly, the very first SSG casualty in combat during the 1971 war was of an officer i.e. Col Suleman who was martyred as he was being driven in his jeep because with the usual SSG bravado, he was standing up in the jeep with his upper torso exposed and that is when the EPR ambush came (the worst loss of life for the SSG in a single operation) with 22 KIA. Initial SSG casualties in the FATA were also on account of a perception that resistance from ragtag militants would be light but in many operations that was not the case as the militants were hardened combatants from Afghanistan or fidaiyeen willing to fight till the end.

Special Forces tend to do better once they have been acclimatized to the environment in which they have to operate. I guess that could be said about any unit but most other units being inducted don't come with the hype/reputation of special forces.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom