What's new

Featured PNS Tabuk has been commissioned in Pakistan Navy

If I was incharge of the PN I would focus more on building Tabuk Class sized Corvettes and MILDEN sized Submarines. Aiming for a minimum of 16 of each rather than building large warships beyond 4000+ TNs.

It is absolutely crucial and in Pakistan geostrategic interest to expand the Babur Cruise Missiles range to 1500-2000 KM minimum. Even NK just tested a similar ranged cruise missile.

Eventually even Corvette sized crafts could be equipped with 8 Vertical Launched Super Baburs. The Russians are already expanding upon this concept. They have launched long range Kaliber cruise missiles from Corvettes in the black sea unto targets in Syria.

Imagine PN Corvettes stationed in the strait of Hormuz could target and strike IN warships sitting in Mumbai with long range Super Baburs.
U are absolutely right and we should not forget probable Naval stations of IN in Africa and Mauritius, in order to threaten/strike them we should have lonf range missiles both for naval and air assets.
I think military brass of pak and Bangladesh 🇧🇩 Should be replaced by pdf folks since they can revolutionize the forces and bring them into 24th century at minimum may be 30th

😉 😂

……

Kidding do not take it toooo seriously 😐
On lighter note we as a nation have had planning issues since creation of country in every field, our beloved USA has think tanks, u do not need much resources as people in think tanks may work on semi volunteer basis i.e from economy to defense and even in sports. Every time Almighty shall not rescue us.

Unless being retired Good chance they are getting phalanx and harpoons from Tariq class onto these two ships since neither Babar nor 054a/p are getting them

Decent Multi purpose ships , certainly helpful to improve Navy's operational capacity
Just 2 Ships is a bit lower number , we should operated 4-6 Units in ideal circumstances due to multi purpose nature of these ships and their size.

Some Made in Pakistan , adjustment would be nice to do once the weapons Package is fully integrated

1632098442080.png

I am sure some form of Anza- II will be available for short term for basic Anti Air
I am sure the existing Anti Air Solution used in Sword Class would work but I believe those systems will get upgraded anyways in future

Last edited:
PN needs to expand the Baburs range urgently to 1500-2000km plus do the following ASAP:

- Design a 2x4 and a 4x4 compact box design to house vertically launched long range baburs on PN ships from as small as patrol ships to the Type 054 and future Jinnah Class frigates.
- Same as above except for modified HQ9 long range SAM missiles or our own inhouse produced vertically launched SAMS with upto 120km range.

By designing vertically launched boxed PN can even modify the older F22P frigates to be deadly ships able to hold off battle groups at very long ranges.

The Pentsir System (Navy) is small enough / to fit easily on these ships
For certain level of Anti Air Protection

We could fit one at front and perhaps (May be) one at back of ship

Just wondering if China has comparable system which can be used on these ships for Anti Air role

Minimum Deterrence
Pantsir.jpg

The rear configuration would be difficult as our ships have a spot for Helicopter

Model_corvette_project_22800_at_the_%C2%ABArmy_2016%C2%BB_2.jpg

System is still pretty big to fit into the ship at rear
1632696024428.png

Last edited:
The Pentsir System (Navy) is small enough / to fit easily on these ships
For certain level of Anti Air Protection

We could fit one at front and perhaps (May be) one at back of ship

Just wondering if China has comparable system which can be used on these ships for Anti Air role

Minimum Deterrence
Pantsir.jpg

The rear configuration would be difficult as our ships have a spot for Helicopter

Model_corvette_project_22800_at_the_%C2%ABArmy_2016%C2%BB_2.jpg

System is still pretty big to fit into the ship at rear
View attachment 780366
pantsir is absolutely useless😁

Well there are two sides of stories always for every 100 interception 1-2 odd ones get untracked

The lowest configuration would be

a) Anza 1 an Anza 2 , Availability for Sailors to fire
b) Pentsir could be an option if available
c) CWIS from China could be option
d) Same solution as the ones used on F22P FM-90N
e) ??????????????????????

However since these ships are almost 90 Meters in length that offers ample chance to customize

Which anti ship missile will be deployed on these ships? Has PN revealed its weapon package?:coffee:

Last edited:
Well there are two sides of stories always for every 100 interception 1-2 odd ones get untracked

However since these ships are almost 90 Meters in length that offers ample chance to customize
The ly60N could be transferred from tge tariq class destroyers to the yarmook class corvettes

The ly60N could be transferred from tge tariq class destroyers to the yarmook class corvettes

Ly-60 were rejected by paf and paa Eval against spada as cumbersome system so doubt it plus just 6 missiles let’s see

it’s not about that, Pantsir is just a really shit missile not designed for this task. I’m not talking random youtube analyses but rather actual technicals, if you really want to know i can do a little write up when im free.

If I was incharge of the PN I would focus more on building Tabuk Class sized Corvettes and MILDEN sized Submarines. Aiming for a minimum of 16 of each rather than building large warships beyond 4000+ TNs.

It is absolutely crucial and in Pakistan geostrategic interest to expand the Babur Cruise Missiles range to 1500-2000 KM minimum. Even NK just tested a similar ranged cruise missile.

Eventually even Corvette sized crafts could be equipped with 8 Vertical Launched Super Baburs. The Russians are already expanding upon this concept. They have launched long range Kaliber cruise missiles from Corvettes in the black sea unto targets in Syria.

Imagine PN Corvettes stationed in the strait of Hormuz could target and strike IN warships sitting in Mumbai with long range Super Baburs.
Exactly this is what I have been shouting for years now. We need a Babur with 1600 to 2400 KM range and ships and submarines which have VLS to carry those missiles. We need that capability other wise we are doomed in Naval warfare.

No. Ly60N is obsolete.
Which anti ship missile will be deployed on these ships? Has PN revealed its weapon package?:coffee:
Soon. Some systems have already been calculated. Some are yet to be known.
We should expect weaponization of both ships within this year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom