What's new

Featured PNS Tabuk has been commissioned in Pakistan Navy

It seems 2nd hand weapon and relevant sensors from type 21 is going to make it's way to 2 OPVss

That might not be a bad addition
Definably it will have new sensors and may be seaking helicopter

Type 21 gun not sure if it’s up to newer standard and dual
Purpose or anti air and surface plus it’s old heavier caliber

Daemon has the space for older bulkier guns but i agree a 35mm dual purpose canon might be the choice it budget allows.
Unlikely the 76mm will be on the Damen OPVs as mentioned by Tipu. But yes, all weapons will be stripped before they are retired.

Daemon OPV are advertised with 76/35mm so both can be used. It all depends on budget at hand. Only time will tell.

Daemon has the space for older bulkier guns but i agree a 35mm dual purpose canon might be the choice it budget allows.

Daemon OPV are advertised with 76/35mm so both can be used. It all depends on budget at hand. Only time will tell.
76mm is not necessarily better than 30/35MM, nor is it a budget related thing, it depends on what the navy needs and what it thinks works better on it. If they were to put a 76MM on it, it would be a new one, not recycled from the Tariq class, those are way too old And complicated to fit on the new Corvette.

Navy has already been putting the Turkish guns on the Azmat Class FACs.

76mm is not necessarily better than 30/35MM, nor is it a budget related thing, it depends on what the navy needs and what it thinks works better on it. If they were to put a 76MM on it, it would be a new one, not recycled from the Tariq class, those are way too old And complicated to fit on the new Corvette.

Personally i hope they choose multi purpose 35mm or mount another CIWS. Naval guns are obsolete considering most engagements in future will take place BVR. If it is meant for patrolling as well then 76mm is an over kill.

Those guns have a crew of 26-28.
Many old systems such as this have constraints. That is, it consumes lots of human/capital resources, and limit the operations. Since there is always limited space on ship. One of the reasons for going to next gen platforms. Lower number of crew constitutes to greater no. of platforms. And PN needs more capabilities and reach.

Many old systems such as this have constraints. That is, it consumes lots of human/capital resources, and limits the operations. Since there is always limited space on ship. This is one of the reasons for going to next gen platforms. Lower number of crew constitutes to greater no. of platforms. And PN needs more capabilities and reach.

Many old systems such as this have constraints. That is, it consumes lots of human/capital resources, and limit the operations. Since there is always limited space on ship. One of the reasons for going to next gen platforms. Lower number of crew constitutes to greater no. of platforms. And PN needs more capabilities and reach.

Many old systems such as this have constraints. That is, it consumes lots of human/capital resources, and limits the operations. Since there is always limited space on ship. This is one of the reasons for going to next gen platforms. Lower number of crew constitutes to greater no. of platforms. And PN needs more capabilities and reach.
Personally i hope they choose multi purpose 35mm or mount another CIWS. Naval guns are obsolete considering most engagements in future will take place BVR. If it is meant for patrolling as well then 76mm is an over kill.
just in case there was any confusion, I was advocating for the 30MM gun, which is also what the navy is preferring, Not the 76MM.

Seems like babur class sensor and weaponry will be stripped and mounted on Daemon class. We might also see 76mm canon stripped from old frigates.

Right. And how did you conclude all this?? Seriously, really keen to understand how can YOU came up with such a grand conclusion??

Right. And how did you conclude all this?? Seriously, really keen to understand how can YOU came up with such a grand conclusion??
Bcz they already put Phalanx CIWS stripped from older frigates. It is not as if our forces have never repurposed old military equipment. Lastly if you want to engage in constructive fact based argument i am all ok but if you are going to engage in vile sarcasm you can kindly get lost and engage with someone else of your own high IQ intelligentsia.

just in case there was any confusion, I was advocating for the 30MM gun, which is also what the navy is preferring, Not the 76MM.
U r right. These ships are littoral mission vessels. I was adding a point to your argument. Since some of us here are putting forward an idea of using those cumbersome guns on these ships.

it’s not about that, Pantsir is just a really shit missile not designed for this task. I’m not talking random youtube analyses but rather actual technicals, if you really want to know i can do a little write up when im free.
Please can you do the little write up?

1636776697906.png

Still no weapon on the front plus no ssm ? Yet
Personally I think the 76 mm dual purpose gun or anti air and anti surface capable with effective range of 16 km In anti air is enough to cover any threat in the frontal Sector surface And air vs 30/35 mm which is mostly effective up-to 4 km in anti air or surface

the azmat class missile craft in turn background looks impressive with 8 ssm plus short range anti air /surface weapons and just being 600 tons

Last edited:
View attachment 792859
Still no weapon on the front plus no ssm ? Yet
Personally I think the 76 mm dual purpose gun or anti air and anti surface capable with effective range of 16 km In anti air is enough to cover any threat in the frontal Sector surface And air vs 30/35 mm which is mostly effective up-to 4 km in anti air or surface

the azmat class missile craft in turn background looks impressive with 8 ssm plus short range anti air /surface weapons and just being 600 tons

It’s not ready yet

why does the Azmat class have black paint job at the side?

looks totally out of character

full camo please

why does the Azmat class have black paint job at the side?

looks totally out of character

full camo please

Sir G, it is not a black paint job but removed access panels maybe for some purpose/job undergoing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom