What's new

Will S.Korea and Japan fall into developing countries because of fierce competition from China?

No there is enough business to go around. Plus Chinese EVs will be banned from the US market while kr/jp have full access

US market alone can not sustain Japan and S.Korea developed status. Plus American entrepreneurs will have to care their own business.

S.Korea already has consecutive 12 months trade deficit.
South Korea still has hope.

The problem with Japan is that the Chinese govt is no longer willing to maintain the current situation of "political indifference, but economic prosperity", and the Chinese government is gradually clearing up the Japanese component in the industrial chain.

Japan will be excluded from the Chinese industrial system after losing its automotive industry. They will lose their competitiveness while also losing their biggest market.

And South Korea, the Chinese govt has not closed its doors to it. There are still enough opportunities for South Korea to join the Chinese industrial system.

Japanese products suck. I had a $50 USB HDD enclosure shipped from Japan that broke down after a few weeks vs crude-looking USB SATA adapter from China for $3 that continued working to this day. My Fujitsu laptop made in Japan the PWM sucks so bad my eyes hurt looking at the screen vs similar laptop from my Dad Acer from Taiwan screen still has PWM but at a frequency that doesn't hurt my eyes.

Nobody needs Japan. All they make is OVERPRICED and INFERIOR products compared to China. Third World status is where Japan economy actually belong. Hell even their once pride industry of Anime now completely destroyed by Tencent's production. Just go have a look at WeTV every anime series up there on that site 10x better than the best Jap crap anime!

Big chance they will unless they change courses.

Besides, developing country ain't bad.

The South Korea is in even more hire position than Japan.

Japan still have hidden gems, doing precision, basic materials, smart material, pharma, boutique chemistries. Korea is goes head to head in competition with China in all industries,

Korean shipbuilding will be going bankrupt.

The South Korea is in even more hire position than Japan.

Japan still have hidden gems, doing precision, basic materials, smart material, pharma, boutique chemistries. Korea is goes head to head in competition with China in all industries,

Korean shipbuilding will be going bankrupt.
South Korea has a strong semiconductor industry, not to mention access to Western market which China could be restricted from.

It will be fine.

In all seriousness, Japan still has a pretty strong entertainment industry (aside from the s*x industry hehe).
The OP mentions Genshin Impact, which is losing steam against the Uma musume game (which is only available in Japan for some reasons):
And of course, this is not counting the real games like Elden Ring and RE4make, which are the top selling games worldwide right now.

Anime-wise, Suzume and Slam Dunk are the top anime in China, with profits rivaling actual chinese movies in box office.

I think Japan will probably fall to developing status due to the impact of EVs alone killing japanese cars, but they will live on if they still have tourism and the entertainment industry.

In all seriousness, Japan still has a pretty strong entertainment industry (aside from the s*x industry hehe).
The OP mentions Genshin Impact, which is losing steam against the Uma musume game (which is only available in Japan for some reasons):
And of course, this is not counting the real games like Elden Ring and RE4make, which are the top selling games worldwide right now.

Anime-wise, Suzume and Slam Dunk are the top anime in China, with profits rivaling actual chinese movies in box office.

I think Japan will probably fall to developing status due to the impact of EVs alone killing japanese cars, but they will live on if they still have tourism and the entertainment industry.
I have a friend who is engaged in the photovoltaic industry.

When we talked about Japan's decline a few days ago, he said to me: "From 2008 to 2010, Japanese photovoltaic companies initiated dumping lawsuits against their Chinese counterparts worldwide. After 2012, these lawsuits have basically disappeared."

Do you know why?

Last edited:
Crucial tech is still in japan. Just ask South Korea what happened after they locked Japanese warplane ……Chinese population and economy is really declining. In hindsight things will remain same as of yet.

Crucial tech is still in japan. Just ask South Korea what happened after they locked Japanese warplane ……Chinese population and economy is really declining. In hindsight things will remain same as of yet.
If Japan had key technologies, they would definitely sanction China together with the USA now.

But they didn't.

I have a friend who is engaged in the photovoltaic industry.

When we talked about Japan's decline a few days ago, he said to me: "From 2008 to 2010, Japanese photovoltaic companies initiated dumping lawsuits against their Chinese counterparts worldwide. After 2012, these lawsuits have basically disappeared."

Do you know why?

The plaintiff is all dead.
No, but it's probably because chinese companies have better photovoltaic shares than the japanese companies right?

No, but it's probably because chinese companies have better photovoltaic shares than the japanese companies right?
Because those plaintiffs, I mean Japanese photovoltaic companies, they all died.

Japan has been running a deficit for 30 consecutive months now, why do some people still imagine that this country can be saved. Don't they know what it means for an island country without any resources to fall into a long-term deficit?

South Korea has a strong semiconductor industry, not to mention access to Western market which China could be restricted from.

It will be fine.

South Korea is going to face huge challenges. The worst fertility rate in the world, trade deficit increasing every month and competition with China in every industry. Not to mention hugely unpopular politicians.

Their semiconductor industry is on record reduction of output and revenue.
Korean semiconductor industry on pace to record heavy Q1 operating losses : Business : News : The Hankyoreh (hani.co.kr)
South Korea chip output falls in February at fastest pace since 2008 - Nikkei Asia

The semiconductor inventories are at their peak, so it's not even going to help even if they build brand new facilities. Even their semi industry won't be able to save them now.
South Korea Chip Inventory Climbs at Fastest Pace in 27 Years - Bloomberg

Their brightest spot is their auto industry, but if China weaponises their control in minerals and raw materials it can become very tricky in coming years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom