What's new

Coup attempt in Sudan

It looks scary, but whats the alterntive, realistically? Although saying that, coup is very unlikely, a civil war is more likely in Pakistan.
Looking at the problems caused by the old coups in my own country, I can easily say that the coups do not eliminate the existing problems, but also bring tens of new ones, no matter how patriotic the generals are.

Oh okay thanks.

Were the rebels allied with any major power or is this just an internal fight that spilled over to Khartoum?
Russia had made a deal with current Sudanese goverment to establish a naval base in Port Sudan,so its not hard to guess who support the rebels

Last edited:

Fierce fighting has erupted in Sudan’s capital Khartoum following days of tension between the army and the Rapid Support Forces paramilitary group.

I pray no innocents die in this and peace happens.

From my knowledge the RSF is seriously outgunned, but that doesn't rule out their ability fight hard and cause damage.

What a mess. I hope the AU, UN and Arab world step in to bring them to talks.

Last edited:
So its a rebellion against military rule not a coup from what i understand. The Military did a coup 2 years ago and the current government is a military junta government right?

Last edited:
Pakistan needs a mentality change, not a government change.

You mean like accept Israel?

Looking at the problems caused by the old coups in my own country, I can easily say that the coups do not eliminate the existing problems, but also bring tens of new ones, no matter how patriotic the generals are.

Russia had made a deal with current Sudanese goverment to establish a naval base in Port Sudan,so its not hard guess who support the rebels

Are these rebels supported by the US and Western countries?

So its a rebellion against military rule not a coup from what i understand. The Military did a coup 2 years ago and the current government is a military junta government right?
It's a rebellion amongst the transition council(military junta) that has the army and the rapid security force (paramilitary) generals as the heads.

Army general suggested for transition to civilian government and incorporation of paramilitary into the army within 2 years, while paramilitary general wanted 10 years. This disagreement has started this conflict.

Just another day in Africa.

Rebel RSF forces are part of Sudanese government and military and they say they have supporters in the army, if they succeed it will count as a coup. Now they count as rebels because they did this mess separate from the chain of command

Are these rebels supported by the US and Western countries?

This is what Blinken tweet just three days ago, USA and other Western countries have huge influence on Arab states and they dont want to lose this influence to China and Russia eaily.. So I believe they have finger in this mess
FtxZ5CaWcAIBBkj (1).jpg

The fight is between the Sudanese Army, Navy, Airforce and Sudanese paramilitary forces known as Rapid Support Forces (previously known as Janjaweed militia).

The army is the regular army of Sudan and controlled by the Generals but RSF (Janjaweed) is like a militia which was controlled by the previous government of Sudan. The militia is so powerful that it has become an alternative force in Sudan, the militia has the backing from many tribes of Sudan.

Civil war is coming to Sudan yet again. The old politicians and powerbreakers will not loose power easily. They want to be part of the new setup.

Another Syria and Libya forming. The army wants to have one military in Sudan but the Janjaweed Militia wants to stay in power. The outcome will be decided by the Sudanese tribes, will they support their army or the Janjaweed which is also Islamist type of militia they defended Bashir for decade and became his private army.
2023_Sudan_clashes_map.png

Last edited:
Rapid Support Forces.
They are paramilitary forces but operated by the Sudanese Government

It used to be controlled by Omar al Bashir government, they were allies but since he was toppled by the army, this milita has major differences with the Sudanese Army, the army wants it to be dissolved so they can have one army in Sudan but obviously noone is going to give up power.

The big question is who is supporting the Sudanese army and who is supporting the militia. Al Saud and Egypt are supporting the army but Janjaweed militia support is a question mark at the moment. The previous Omar al Bashir government was supported by Turkey and Qatar so naturally Janjaweed is in Turkish and Qatar camp unless they want to stay neutral.

Last edited:
The fight is between the Sudanese Army, Navy, Airforce and Sudanese paramilitary forces known as Rapid Support Forces (previously known as Janjaweed militia).

The army is the regular army of Sudan and controlled by the Generals but RSF (Janjaweed) is like a militia which was controlled by the previous government of Sudan. The militia is so powerful that it has become an alternative force in Sudan, the militia has the backing from many tribes of Sudan.

Civil war is coming to Sudan yet again. The old politicians and powerbreakers will not loose power easily. They want to be part of the new setup.

Another Syria and Libya forming. The army wants to have one military in Sudan but the Janjaweed Militia wants to stay in power. The outcome will be decided by the Sudanese tribes, will they support their army or the Janjaweed which is also Islamist type of militia they defended Bashir for decade and became his private army.
View attachment 924926
What a shit map and colour code.

But yeah, pretty much this.

Back
Top Bottom