What's new

Pak to start production of high tech Al-Khalid 2 tank

Yeah AL Khalid I then AL Khalid 1 and in 2030 another one would be AL Khalid i.

Then long after that Imam Mehdi would come and HIT would provide them state of the art tank, that would be the only weapon to defeat combined forces of Dajjal. The AL Khalid ١ tank
:yahoo::yahoo::sniper::crazy:
Nice keep it up. :enjoy:

Its a decent tank.. In a nuclear environment u don't need any thing better...

Why such a song and dance?

Its a decent tank.. In a nuclear environment u don't need any thing better...

Why such a song and dance?

Then you didn't get it. I would explain you in humanly terms. How about a 50+ years old "girl", mother of 6 grown up persons, wearing a dress designer wedding suite being presented as a teenager virgin in front of the people in a ceremony with dignitaries??

That's exactly what our Govt/armed forces funded HIT has done. At least this version of tank is more than a decade old let alone the 1st of its kind inducted. 3 decades majority of Pakistanis weren't even born then as we have a Flux of younger population.

What about arranging a global party and introducing to the world and our own people the newest, brightest visionary, people of Pakistan: Zardari and Family, and Shareef and family. With new make-up applied onto them and a few more hairs for Nawaz's head too to make it look new. That's a joke to people of Pakistan.

At least they didn't have the guts to just copy what Chinese have been evolving the same tank design for decades in at least 2 to 3 different iterations. If our guys would just have asked them as they did in 90s, they wouldn't have refused anyhow. And there's no valid excuse for that you didn't need a hell lot of effort or cash to do that.

It's just a tank, not a submarine or destroyer, not even close to a littoral patrolling ship. Even most expensive one could cost around 9/10 million dollars a piece globally. That's the best the money could buy.

Tragedy is that my friend a lot of people here couldn't see that big bureaucratic red tape on our institutions that's plaguing our military effectiveness. Even the most sluggish country like our eastern neighbors have developed 2 prototypes of the tanks after that.

God forbid if same plague seeps into the likes PAF and in its ambitious project AZM, oh God we would be ruined. PAF did an exceptional job in recent decades otherwise we still would be sitting in F-7s and half a century old Mirages and grounded F-16s (heavily cannibalized fleet) we could have been even worse than what Iranians got today. Only the JF-17 program has saved us from that fate.

You doubt it? How did we get amraam missiles for F-16s MLU and upgrades? Bcz US needed us back then and we could have got our hands on its eastern counterpart the SD-10 anyhow. And what about Cobras? AH-1F??? What? Where are those new fancy AH-1Zs we ordered? Well in Musharrafs Era we dreamt of Apaches back then too. Even a 5th grader would figure it out why.

Then you didn't get it. I would explain you in humanly terms. How about a 50+ years old "girl", mother of 6 grown up persons, wearing a dress designer wedding suite being presented as a teenager virgin in front of the people in a ceremony with dignitaries??

That's exactly what our Govt/armed forces funded HIT has done. At least this version of tank is more than a decade old let alone the 1st of its kind inducted. 3 decades majority of Pakistanis weren't even born then as we have a Flux of younger population.

What about arranging a global party and introducing to the world and our own people the newest, brightest visionary, people of Pakistan: Zardari and Family, and Shareef and family. With new make-up applied onto them and a few more hairs for Nawaz's head too to make it look new. That's a joke to people of Pakistan.

Pretty much summed it up well.

I'm happy we got tanks, but I expected from from HIT and the Military Industry. This Soviet Era crap isn't going to stand in Modern War, I honestly, question Pak Army Military Doctrine at this point.

Mighty ew AL Khalid 1 tank has been inducted in Armored Corps Regiment of Pak Army. HIT has done it. The latest 5th Gen high Tech AL Khalid 1 has new Stealth paint job which has some pixelated camo pattern too. At last they have changed its paint job after 2 decades of service.

Honorable Sir,

5th Generation tank!!!!!!

Must we use such 'Superlatives' for Alkhalid-1? To the best of my info, Tanks such as the Leopard-2, M1A2 Abrams. Challenger-2, T-90, and the Chinese Type 99 are 3rd generation MBTs even though some have been modernized with 4th generation technology. Only the Altay, Armata & the South Korean Black Panther are classed as the 4th generation.

On what basis are you classifying Alkhalid-1 as a 5th generation MBT?. If it was so then why is Pakistan looking to make Alkhalid -2 and also looking to buy 100 new tanks such VT4, a modernized 3rd generation tank?

Last edited:
Honorable Sir,

5th Generation tank!!!!!!

Must we always use such 'Superlatives' for Alkhalid-1? To the best of my info, Tanks such as the Leopard-2, M1A2 Abrams. Challenger-2, T-90, and the Chinese Type 99 are 3rd generation MBTs even though some have been modernized with 4th generation technology. Only the Altay, Armata & the South Korean Black Panther are classed as the 4th generation.

On what basis are you classifying Alkhalid-1 as a 5th generation MBT?. If it was so then why is Pakistan looking to make Alkhalid -2 and also looking to buy 100 new tanks such VT4, a modernized 3rd generation tank?
Sarcasm...

We hope and pray that Al-Khalid -2 will be an active part of Pak Army in 2022-23, inshaAllah.

We hope and pray that Al-Khalid -2 will be an active part of Pak Army in 2022-23, inshaAllah.

Dear Butt Sahib

ور اس حوالے سے لیبیا یا آذربائیجان میں ڈرون اور میزائیل لانچروں سے داغے جانے والے ترکی ساختہ انٹی ٹینک میزائیلوں کی تباہ کن کارکردگی سے بھارت سمیت مغربی دنیا بھی خوف زدہ ہے

How does duniya suddenly get خوف زدہ , since you seems not only a journalist but a defense journalist, is it necessary when an article is written in Urdu, one has to feed the masses with such statements? what does it achieve?

Dear Butt Sahib

ور اس حوالے سے لیبیا یا آذربائیجان میں ڈرون اور میزائیل لانچروں سے داغے جانے والے ترکی ساختہ انٹی ٹینک میزائیلوں کی تباہ کن کارکردگی سے بھارت سمیت مغربی دنیا بھی خوف زدہ ہے

How does duniya suddenly get خوف زدہ , since you seems not only a journalist but a defense journalist, is it necessary when an article is written in Urdu, one has to feed the masses with such statements? what does it achieve?

Brother, this is not a desh-praise of a Pakistani. But what I have written is really true. Despite the long line of Sukhoi, Jaguar migs 29, Mirage 2000 , Idia afraid that it will not be comfortable even taking a Rafale. Europe is so scared of Turkish drone power and its domineering stance that its cargo ships are being searched in the sea. You read the history of Crusades, This western world been scared of those few Muslims who were standing like rocks in their way. Now they see Turkey's rising military power as a major threat. India fears that Turkey will now give these drone to Pakistan as well. I hope you understand my meanings wof writings now . You read the history of Western world and Hindutva , you will come to know these devils been so coward, They could harm us with Mukti Bahini brands of conspiracies only

Brother, this is not a desh-praise of a Pakistani. But what I have written is really true. Despite the long line of Sukhoi, Jaguar migs 29, Mirage 2000 , Idia afraid that it will not be comfortable even taking a Rafale. Europe is so scared of Turkish drone power and its domineering stance that its cargo ships are being searched in the sea. You read the history of Crusades, This western world been scared of those few Muslims who were standing like rocks in their way. Now they see Turkey's rising military power as a major threat. India fears that Turkey will now give these drone to Pakistan as well. I hope you understand my meanings wof writings now . You read the history of Western world and Hindutva , you will come to know these devils been so coward, They could harm us with Mukti Bahini brands of conspiracies only

there is no such thing as scared of this and that but we are delusional. everybody out there is to fight and cowards never fight. although opponents take the fight to the next level where they may try to halt or sanction any procurement by the opponent but that is also part of strategy.

i won't consider Indians to be coward (keeping western world aside) no matter how much we troll but when it comes to war, a military does fight, which is what they are trained.

i respect your age, you are on a forum where you see many of the senior members educating. if play by the driving forces then we are not different from those who know shit but are Aristotle being themselves they love to troll since they know nothing.

everything said above has nothing to do with you so don't take it personal.

we must improve our communication skills to be taken by the World serious.

there is no such thing as scared of this and that but we are delusional. everybody out there is to fight and cowards never fight. although opponents take the fight to the next level where they may try to halt or sanction any procurement by the opponent but that is also part of strategy.

i won't consider Indians to be coward (keeping western world aside) no matter how much we troll but when it comes to war, a military does fight, which is what they are trained.

i respect your age, you are on a forum where you see many of the senior members educating. if play by the driving forces then we are not different from those who know shit but are Aristotle being themselves they love to troll since they know nothing.

everything said above has nothing to do with you so don't take it personal.

we must improve our communication skills to be taken by the World serious.
Thank you for your kind advice... Stay blessed...

Do any body knows what actually status of AK2 after induction of VT 4

Do any body knows what actually status of AK2 after induction of VT 4
Probably not the best thread to ask, but AK-2 program will continue as it was before. VT4 is to replace older tanks because Pakistan could not produce enough AKs in time. Due to the war on terror the AK-1 project and AK production was severely cut down to a few tanks a year, and was completely halted for a couple of years in between too. The money had to be put elsewhere. That’s why the AK-1 only started induction in 2020 despite being unveiled years earlier.

This also pushed AK-2 back by a significant amount of time. But now things are back on track, AK-1 production will continue alongside VT4 induction until AK-2 is ready. We discussed this before in the VT-4 thread, but it is highly Likely AK-2 will have various improvements in it from VT-4, at the same time incorporating newer Ukrainian and local technology. How much AK-2 will take from VT4 will depend upon how far it already is down the design stage and how much they’re willing to change it. We can hopefully expect to see a redesigned turret, a bigger engine and such major changes.

Bottom line is, the project is still on and we will see it a few years down the road. IA it will be sooner rather than later.

All goobli goo. When Western world have got an issue they don't get scared they go out and get their finger out and sort out the issue and find the solution. These kind of kids statements will work for the people in Pakistan who can be entertained by eye catchy headlines but not on this forum. We are the one's who wants everything in our lap without lifting a finger and then blame every one else is wrong. West is not scared of Turkish technology it just doesn't suits the West for their games having more independent and assertive Turkey.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom