What's new

100% price escalation on Rafale fighter aircraft to Rs 1.75 lakh crore likely to dent IAF's strike c

I dont know whether you remember or not, but When Sarkozy was the President of France, they were offering every conceivable weapon with the Rafale including the
ASMP-A Nuclear missile
and
SCALP EG Air Launched Cruise Missiles
Apart from the regular package of MICA, MBDA Meteor, Paveway III LGB, Exocet Ashm and Brimstone ATGM

Infact it was the Sarkozy Pitch allowing the use of Rafale for Nuke delivery that really convinced the IAF
Rafale Weapon's package alone is expected to cost around 3 Billion USD

I think you are mistaking the weapons a Rafale in theory could carry, with the weapons that would be available or integrated. ASMP-A definitely is not available for export, Brimstone is too expensive and at least France will not integrate it.
Also the cost of the weapons will be far higher, the MICA order for 51 Mirage 2000s were above $1billion dollar and MMRCA is meant to include at least 126 fighters + LGBs, possibly AASM and most likely Scalp cruise missiles for such a fleet.

$120 million per plane is too high for a country like India even with the threats around.

I think its high time to look for alternatives rather than dragging and wasting- time, patience, energy and money.
what will be the option.

This deal includs
1. Plane itself
2. TOT on manufacturing tech of the plane including jigs and fixtures.
3. Some component TOT for local production.
4. Maintenance infrastructure.
5. Training of the ground & maintenance crew.
6. And may be spares covered for entire life cycle.

Other than this is a highly wishful thinking and I won't believed until provided solid proof.

Wapens package always comes separately. But with source code of the Radar we will have a wide choice of weapons that can be mated with the plane.

what will be the option.

Should start a joint venture with relatively poor but smart countries like Pakistan. They already have few birds on the sky. Even BD is looking for partners with cash.

Should start a joint venture with relatively poor but smart countries like Pakistan. They already have few birds on the sky. Even BD is looking for partners with cash.
There is Mohmadd Taghlakh ruled in India you need to get some information about him :)

Invest on LCA and Pak FA, it'll be more feasible, youre draining way to much cash on this jet.not worth it.
perhaps after 2030 more air forces will be Interested in 5th gen air crafts, LCA should be a good substitute for Rafale.
and Pak Fa project should keep on going.

lol countries who exchange fire across borders indulging in a joint venture, I dont see that in near future

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom