What's new

$15 billion Saudi bailout likely

Iran pipeline condition will definitely be there. I remember Qatar and some other Arab country were trying to compete for the contract. But to be honest i think all those countries including Iran are selling Gas at a very high price. The only good side in the pipeline is the fact that it will take our strategic cooperation forward

Could be for Agriculture commodities as well. SA has been leasing land in many countries. But then if this comes out to be true it won't be that bad. It would be more or less a trade. We get their Oil and they get our Food.

Military relations have been good for many many years. However Since PPP was in power, the relations were kept quiet. In the most recent case, there could be two things. One might be Saudis looking at us for training again. And second might be helping NATO get out of Afghanistan in 2014

I would put in Nuclear technology just in case. During the 90s, when Pakistan conducted it's tests, Saudi scientists visited our sites and tried to seek transfer of technology. For that matter they tried to convince us by giving Oil. If they try to do the same this time around, it will be a bad move
In fact there KSA was in talks with GoP about acquiring land for agriculture use. And then suddenly there was a storm on media about "selling Pakistan to KSA". KSA was interested in acquiring uncultivated land and then use it for producing food for KSA's needs. Both our nation, govt and media proved as plain idiots. Media by creating havoc and thus forcing GoP to back out, nation by its hue and cry over a non-issue and govt by not securing a profitable trade off.
If we had a sane look into it, un-cultivatable land would not be in use for production in any case so we missed out on land rents. Secondly GoP could also ask KSA corporates to employ and train local labor and transfer the agro-tech/equipment to domestic authorities on the expiration of contract (which wasn't a hard deal). But kudo's to our national stupidity that we got blinded by the false pride and let go a good national investment. Similarly I was watching a program by Paras Ahmad on sama where she tried her best to link the oil deal with the economy with KSA's slavery by inviting irrelevent persons from N and PPP (shah mahmood qureshi joined in from PTI which was the only right choice made by anchor). The result was obvious, program ended at a royal rumble with nobody having any clear clue on economic matters. I strongly feel that now Parties should prioritize their media representatives on different issue since i was utterly disappointed by the lack of knowledge of N and PPP's participants on the economic issues.

I strongly feel that now Parties should prioritize their media representatives on different issue since i was utterly disappointed by the lack of knowledge of N and PPP's participants on the economic issues.

Economics usually have been handled by technocrats in our country, the politicians keep to the dirty side.

Now though both PTI and PML have started inducting genuine brains into their parties, professional people who know what they are speaking from a professional POV< not a political one.

TV CHannels just need somebody, for example Asad Umar was in a program explaining foreign policy to the anchor while in another show some other PTI guy from Karachi (forgot his name) was explaining the tax policy. Both were unsuited to the debate.

Please come to Pakistan in this summer and bear the brunt of 12-15 hours of loadshedding daily with temp soaring to 48 degrees, then if you feel this 15 billion dollar deal is unworthy, we will accept your hue and cry. It is easy to criticize while sitting in a country where you have uninterrupted power supply and summers spent their is a joy

you forgot bikini babes..
if we are poor it is due to our own stupidity.
if we cannot solve a problem it is due to our own inablity.
Time to take responsibility and work with in our means.
break the begging bowl once for all.

In fact there KSA was in talks with GoP about acquiring land for agriculture use. And then suddenly there was a storm on media about "selling Pakistan to KSA". KSA was interested in acquiring uncultivated land and then use it for producing food for KSA's needs. Both our nation, govt and media proved as plain idiots. Media by creating havoc and thus forcing GoP to back out, nation by its hue and cry over a non-issue and govt by not securing a profitable trade off.
If we had a sane look into it, un-cultivatable land would not be in use for production in any case so we missed out on land rents. Secondly GoP could also ask KSA corporates to employ and train local labor and transfer the agro-tech/equipment to domestic authorities on the expiration of contract (which wasn't a hard deal). But kudo's to our national stupidity that we got blinded by the false pride and let go a good national investment. Similarly I was watching a program by Paras Ahmad on sama where she tried her best to link the oil deal with the economy with KSA's slavery by inviting irrelevent persons from N and PPP (shah mahmood qureshi joined in from PTI which was the only right choice made by anchor). The result was obvious, program ended at a royal rumble with nobody having any clear clue on economic matters. I strongly feel that now Parties should prioritize their media representatives on different issue since i was utterly disappointed by the lack of knowledge of N and PPP's participants on the economic issues.

People have scary dreams thoughts connected with the word "Saudi investments" and "Saudi money". After all 50,000 Pakistanis and thousands of armed men have been killed at the hand of ideology from Arabia. Such kind of public reaction is only expected.

here we go again....the easy way out from our politicians....the proverbial begging bowl syndrome....NS and his govt. will not take the hard decisions by forcing the public sector companies to pay their electricity and gas bills, will not tax the traders community, will not tax the agriculturists/land owners who are squeezing this country dry, will not end the SRO culture of tax exemptions for NS's business 'cronies'. yes he will tax the salaried class.....pathetic state of affairs.....we know already that nothing is going to change even before NS has taken the oath as PM.
100 % agree. Nothing will change. Welcome to new era of slavery.

No need to become sane, Kuddos your stupidity still voting for PMLN in this election.

Tis is another proof that no country in world has trust in zaradri so no body have helped us becoz they knew all the money go to zardari account now you see more countries will help us fianacially we need to get rid of cancer zardari and his family once it for all

No you're not, if you were basing them on history, then you wouldn't even make such ridicules arguments. My debunking is based on actual history and common sense.

And herein lies the impasse.. You believe your "actual" history.. and I believe my version.
Time will judge both.

I wish to see the day when we don't receive aid but grant it.

We are giving aid worth billions of dollars to india in shape of allowing their goods to come in for free, transport and distribute them at our cost and not to mention 5 year long free petrol to indian army in Afghanistan.

It is tax payers money which is used to pay back the debts to taken by zardari to facilitate indian army in Afghanistan-

And herein lies the impasse.. You believe your "actual" history.. and I believe my version.
Time will judge both.

Time has already judged, and it has found your revisionism lacking in merit. No man in his right mind would actually believe in your one track argument. Not everything is black and white, not everything is obvious and not everything is a self made conspiracy.

We are giving aid worth billions of dollars to india in shape of allowing their goods to come in for free, transport and distribute them at our cost and not to mention 5 year long free petrol to indian army in Afghanistan.

It is tax payers money which is used to pay back the debts to taken by zardari to facilitate indian army in Afghanistan-

What BS r u talking here??:woot:

Plz provide source for ur claims if there r any....:)

Time has already judged, and it has found your revisionism lacking in merit. No man in his right mind would actually believe in your one track argument. Not everything is black and white, not everything is obvious and not everything is a self made conspiracy.

I dont see time's judgement.. other than yours and those of your PoV. And your last sentence acts against you, because not everything is black and white.. and not everything is as plain as a free meals of $15 Billion without strings attached..nor is eloquence the defense to every hypothesis.

This bailout wont have any long term advantage unless we change our corrupt system!

I dont see time's judgement.. other than yours and those of your PoV. And your last sentence acts against you, because not everything is black and white.. and not everything is as plain as a free meals of $15 Billion without strings attached..nor is eloquence the defense to every hypothesis.

If you don't see it, then you're blind to common sense. I have not passed judgement, I have simply presented facts and have let history judge me.

You lack evidence, and lack the use of historical context.

Indeed the so-called "aid" will have strings attached, anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. Though, to say that it is as you claim, a way for Saudis to spread their Wahhabi ideology to cause instability in the region, that is a claim that holds very little water.

Historical context

(Anglo-Afghan War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ,

Afghan-Sikh wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_in_Afghanistan ,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_wars_and_conflicts ,

Kashmir conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ,

Balochistan conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ,

Sino-Indian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

A vast majority of these have nothing to do with Saudi meddling, which means that your claims hold very little merit.

The way I see it, the "aid" is to buy support and reverse increasing Iranian influence in Pakistan, not to spread an ideology. Why shouldn't Pakistan take it? Pakistan suffers from a 7000Mw short fall in energy ( Power crisis intensifies as shortfall exceeds 7,000 megawatts | Pakistan - geo.tv ) , it needs all the help it can get.

You have yet to present any form of historical context (let alone, one that cannot be refuted) and you have continued to repeat yourself.

I suggest you actually present a proper argument, as you're doing nothing more than presenting an opinion that makes little sense.

Back
Top Bottom