What's new

1971 War Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui+Oct 28 2005, 03:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ahsan Farooqui &#064; Oct 28 2005, 03:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dear Bravo,

You indeed have a great point regarding economic relations between the two countries, but you got to admit that both countries are increasing their trade as much as they can.

I think both countries have signed trade agreement. Can anyone confirm this?
Because even Russia was looking to sign a a free trade agreement back a month or so. I think it was signed, well not sure about the economy, i read them, get happy forget it. :laughing: Ya, I know i am bad.
[post=1542]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

According to my information both countries dont have any free trade agreement among themselve if you have a little know how about exports and trade then u might understand my point that so far trade volum between both is quite low and the main reason is a difficult structure of documentation and other procedures may be it is not in your notice that Bangladeish has very high custom terrif rates plus they have given contract of products health certification to private companieso if some body want to export goods from pakistan these produdcts examination took too much time so there import policies are very tough for pakistan and thats why pakistani exporters dont take much intrest in Bangladeshi market so if both countries want to set thing right they need to open their markets for each other there are many other issues which are hurdels but i will discuess them some other time.
<!--QuoteBegin-Ahsan Farooqui
@Oct 28 2005, 03:32 AM
Back to the topic.
About this statement personally i dont agree with. True both countries are divided and certainly have two different markets, well whats wrong with being divided markets? You will get what you deserve wont you? Because before 1972 market was one, bangladeshi people worked hard, but they didn&#39;t get as much they should have been or deserved.

Most of the money was sent to west Pakistan for developments etc, and nobody really looked after the east Pakistan, and those were the reasons why Bangali people weren&#39;t happy with us.

Now its like this. There are two markets, both are divided, if one produces/exports/imports goods it does for its own geographic area, same goes with the other market. So people of that market gets the benefits not like before 72 where there was one market both in the west and the east, both worked hard, but most of the benefits were given to west side, but not the east side who deserved for their work.

This is just simply my opinion everybody has different opinion and if you have one different than mine, make sure to share&#33;
[post=1542]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
Pakistani weather condetions and geographical condetions are better than Bangladeish so thats why most industry were set in west pakistan but not in east you know this factor as well.... second major factor was raw meterial which normaly produce in Punjab and some parts of Sindh so it was not possible to set consumer bassed industry in Bangladiesh at that time reason were solid as i mentioned earlliar it is same like Blaochistan is a remot provence and its economy is also not much stronger as punjab and sindh have so just because of this point can u allow them also to make their own country and ask independence from Pakistan ?????????? i am sure your answer would be NO .... but now u can see that they are geting benifts of being a part of pakistan new ports, Roads and other maga projects are there so they are geting benifts of a joint economy
so it was politicans who actualy starts this fire and finaly they get reach to there objects..

The Pakistani "lost" the war because there was a rebellion against Islamabad&#39;s rule in Bangladesh. The Pakistan military found it difficult to resupply its forces because between the two was India both, literally.

India has learnt many lessons from the 1971 war, many of which will turn out to be false in the next large scale war between Pakistan and India. In fact, Pakistan couldn&#39;t have done anything other than lose in the 1971 situation.

The Pakistani armed forces have learnt many lessons from the war and a reflection of this is that a few thousand soldiers and mujahedeen were able to fight toe to toe against the combined forces of the Indian airforce and tens of thousands of Indian troops.

think for ur self what will indian army would have done when they donot have an ammunition route no weapons fighting with fully armed equipped indian army supported by air ground and sea pakistani men do fought bravely infact on the west pakistan captured several areas like a town near sialkot i forgot its name though

Actually, we loose political war because the political situation in east pakistan was become so serious and our army General at that time drunken&#33; :ranting: so that&#39;s why Pak-Army surrendered because there was no response and direction from GHQ, and on the other hand, the pak-army was killing the civilians in an operation so, these people rose up against pak-army and fight against pakistan&#33;

Originally posted by Owais@Oct 29 2005, 02:46 PM
Actually, we loose political war because the political situation in east pakistan was become so serious and our army General at that time drunken&#33; :ranting: so that&#39;s why Pak-Army surrendered because there was no response and direction from GHQ, and on the other hand, the pak-army was killing the civilians in an operation so, these people rose up against pak-army and fight against pakistan&#33;
[post=1642]Quoted post[/post]​

I don&#39;t know why we are in the job of bashing Bangladeshis . These are the same people who betrayed us in 71 and now they are seeking our help inorder to backstab their ex buddy(India) . They were never our friends , they used us according their requirement .

(I think, I should open a seperate thread regarding Pak- Bangla friendship)

Not true, you seems to have a very lack of information on the relationships between both countries.

Both countries have very good relations military vice, Pakistan sent many of its F-7s to Bangladesh when we were grounding them, we sent the best of those to Bangladesh.

In this case we are like United States and Bangladesh is like Pakistan, thats what United States do. Some people might regard Bangladesh evil because of history, but things have been changed, back then it was the leaders of the country who have hated Pakistan, and those speratists.

I have actually experienced the hatred from Bangladeshi people but there are only some, i would regard them influenced by Indian government due to they being lived in west Bangladesh, note they hate India more than they do with us. Those who live in the east have a very moderate point of view, and they are cool with us. They accept that it was the generals of Pakistan Army who done it, thus public of Pakistan shouldn&#39;t be the one who should get blame for it.

Regards.
Originally posted by Imran@Oct 29 2005, 08:04 PM
I don&#39;t know why we are in the job of bashing Bangladeshis . These are the same people who betrayed us in 71 and now they are seeking our help inorder to backstab their ex buddy(India) . They were never our friends , they used us according their requirement .

(I think, I should open a seperate thread regarding Pak- Bangla friendship)
[post=1659]Quoted post[/post]​

I have studied breifly about 1971 disaster and I regret to say that its all our politicion&#39;s fault&#33; :Ledsen_Gubbe: when general elections of 1970 were held, the sheikh mujeeb&#39;s party won by majority but the dictator at that tim didn&#39;t transfer the power&#33; :ranting: ...so that results anarchy in country&#33;

These were the pictures which force me to post the thread.
Lieutenant General A.A.K. &#39;Tiger&#39; Niazi, Commander of the Pakistan Army in the East, signs the Instrument of Surrender in the presence of Lieutenant General Jagjit Singh Aurora
<div class='bbimg'></div>
The Pakistan Army&#39;s Major General Kazi (left) is all smiles as he surrenders his division to the Indian Army&#39;s Major General Gonsalves in East Pakistan.
<div class='bbimg'></div>

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Oct 31 2005, 10:08 AM
:cry: :cry:

I wouldn&#39;t do this....
[post=1819]Quoted post[/post]​

A true soldier will die instead of doing it but when the nation surrenders he has no option but to do it.

Unfortuantely due to the geographical location of East Pakistan/Bangladesh the Pakistan Army under the command of Lt.General Niazi had no choice but to surrender.

Miro

I would preffer to die instead of doing that idiotic and shamefull surrender&#33;
I belive what tipu sultaan said:
"The One-day life of lion is much better than the 100-years life of coward&#33;"

Originally posted by Owais@Oct 31 2005, 07:29 PM
I would preffer to die instead of doing that idiotic and shamefull surrender&#33;
"The One-day life of lion is much better than the 100-years life of coward&#33;"
[post=1841]Quoted post[/post]​

Bro,

You are not getting. It&#39;s not a matter of one or two.

It was estimated 90,000 soldiers.

Are you saying that they should commit suicide for the political mistakes of their Government.

West should have think of it&#39;s Army in the east. Many people have hatred and disgrace for Lt.Gen. Niazi.

What do you propose??

What he was suppose to do??

As Admiral Yamamato said once A briliant man dosent find ways to fight war instead he finds ways not to fight a war.

May be Gen.Yahya and Gen.Tikka would have thought of this.

Miro

The 1971 War had its ups and downs. The Up part was how valiantly the PAF foguth in East Pakistan, under constant air raids, they foguth bravely and shot down a lot of Indian planes. On the down side, Pakistan lost and an estimated 200,000 Bengali women were raped by the Pakistani Army. :Ledsen_Gubbe: . What a sad period in Pakistani history.

Originally posted by Owais@Oct 31 2005, 02:29 PM
[post=1841]Quoted post[/post]​
they had no bullets left. no food, no supplies. the locals where revolting thus no locals where harbouring them.

it was surrender or DIE&#33;

and no thats a stupid thing to say. lions DOENT DARE attack animals they know can kill them&#33;

Originally posted by Kim Jong&#045;il Hater@Oct 31 2005, 09:59 PM
The 1971 War had its ups and downs. The Up part was how valiantly the PAF foguth in East Pakistan, under constant air raids, they foguth bravely and shot down a lot of Indian planes. On the down side, Pakistan lost and an estimated 200,000 Bengali women were raped by the Pakistani Army. :Ledsen_Gubbe: . What a sad period in Pakistani history.
[post=1882]Quoted post[/post]​
not reali.

that was mostly propoganda propgated via hate mail, hate news and word of mouth&#33;

study about the role of media in deviding the english into two in the english civil war&#33;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom