What's new

20+ Pakistani Soldiers killed in Suicide attack in North Waziristan.

FarazUSA

Reaction score
Suicide attack on check post leaves six dead in North Waziristan | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

MIRAMSHAH: At least six security officials were killed and 18 others injured Saturday in a suicide attack on a check post near Miramshah, the agency headquarters of North Waziristan Agency, official sources said.

The officials said the suspected suicide bomber, driving a car, hit the Esha check post, damaging it completely.

The suicide car bombing resulted in the death of at least six soldiers while 18 others have been injured but the number of casualties may be high as the officials are saying that the situation is being assessed.

The security forces have cordoned off the area soon after the attack and launched a search operation. The locals say the explosion was followed by indiscriminate firing. However, it was not possible to ascertain who was behind firing the shots, they added.

North Waziristan, which is close to the Pakistan-Afghanistan border, is one of seven regions in Pakistan’s Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), governed by tribal laws.

An extremist insurgency led by the Pakistani Taliban plagues the region while the area is said to be infested with militants, including the al Qaeda, Taliban and other armed extremist organisations.

Suicide attack kills 17 Pakistan soldiers: military.
Last updated: Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:43 AM

MIRANSHAH, Pakistan — A suicide bomber rammed a water tanker into a Pakistani check post late Saturday, killing 17 soldiers in the notorious tribal district of North Waziristan, the military said.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack. North Waziristan is perhaps the most notorious of Pakistan's tribal districts on the Afghan border, a known stronghold of the Taliban and Al-Qaeda-linked operatives.

The deaths were a reminder of the serious security threat in Pakistan, just hours before former military ruler Pervez Musharraf was due to return home to the southern city of Karachi after more than four years in exile.

"In last night's attack on a security forces' checkpost in North Waziristan, 17 security forces personnel embraced shahadat (martyrdom)," the military said.

Security officials explained the sudden increase in the death toll after it jumped from six by saying that many of the dead had been trapped under the rubble following the blast.

Another 10 soldiers were also wounded in the attack on a check post operated jointly by the regular army and the Frontier Corps paramilitary.

Pakistani troops have fought for years against homegrown insurgents in the tribal belt on the Afghan border.

There are fears that rampant insecurity could prove a major challenge for historic general elections on May 11, which should mark the first democratic transition of power between two civilian governments in Pakistani history. — AFP

Saudi Gazette - Suicide attack kills 17 Pakistan soldiers: military

If PA cant protect their soldiers,its better to pull out than let them die like this.
More soldiers die n tribal areas than terrorists....
The Brits left them alone...even Changez khan left those tribals alone,why cant Pakistan just leave them alone?
Is it worth it to try this hard to keep people with such violent mentality?
Tribal mind just thinks of vengence...
You never know which one of them will make it the purpose of their sad life to kill you,just because you looked at his woman froma distance or entered his village without permission.

So many sacrifices may have been worth it if the area was of any use..
But all they got is dry mountains and unruly murderous tribes...
PA should change strategy,pull out,let the tribals have their love story with Afghanistan or drones,and PA should keep the border between tribal areas and civilized Pakistan secure....
Its normal for a tribal to threaten you of murder with bullet,on trivial things,and they kill on simple arguments....and brag about it.
The last time i had an argument with a 'koki khel',the conversation ended up with him threatening me ''Hum tou goulii sey baat khertha haiy'',and i realized i am talking to a useless brute,and better keep away.
That way resources will be saved and lives of soldiers,and all the garbage will remain in tribal areas than coming into and polluting the rest of the country.

If PA cant protect their soldiers,its better to pull out than let them die like this.
What good is the army if it cant even control it's own territory. Pull out and do what? You keep pulling out and the hostile territory keeps increasing. The only solution pak now has is to take on the terrorists head on wipe them off like sri lanka did. Stop using terrorists for having strategic depth as it only comes back to haunt you. "Good" taliban, "bad" taliban, LeT, "non-state actors" etc all will at one point will bite the hand which fed them. The sooner pak realises this, the better it would be for the region.

More soldiers die n tribal areas than terrorists....
The Brits left them alone...even Changez khan left those tribals alone,why cant Pakistan just leave them alone?
Is it worth it to try this hard to keep people with such violent mentality?
Tribal mind just thinks of vengence...
You never know which one of them will make it the purpose of their sad life to kill you,just because you looked at his woman froma distance or entered his village without permission.

So many sacrifices may have been worth it if the area was of any use..
But all they got is dry mountains and unruly murderous tribes...
PA should change strategy,pull out,let the tribals have their love story with Afghanistan or drones,and PA should keep the border between tribal areas and civilized Pakistan secure....
Its normal for a tribal to threaten you of murder with bullet,on trivial things,and they kill on simple arguments....and brag about it.
The last time i had an argument with a 'koki khel',the conversation ended up with him threatening me ''Hum tou goulii sey baat khertha haiy'',and i realized i am talking to a useless brute,and better keep away.
That way resources will be saved and lives of soldiers,and all the garbage will remain in tribal areas than coming into and polluting the rest of the country.

Its not just that koki khel, i am also sick of your hateful ranting and want to put a bullet into your head to silence you.

Back
Top Bottom