What's new

25 March 1971, Darkness descends on Dhaka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before and during the 1971 war, for the tall Punjabis Bengalis were another kind of small rats to be killed and maimed at will. The result was defeat by the Hindu neighbor and capture of the 93,000 martial race braves. What a punishment by Allah!! They should have opted for being captured and killed by the Muktis. Instead, they chose to save their lives with the help of Napak Hindus of India.

But your Hindu daddy just took a beating while you where licking daddy’s balls

You should thank Indians to make them popular. Bollywood have some kind of obsession with 'Pakistani talents'. Indians show up in a huge number to support Pakistani talents, be it singers,actors whatever. Obviously common language(Hindi/Urdu),culture and political tensions plays a huge role here.

Like I said our Musicians are popular around the world without Bollywood . They get so popular Bollywood have to rope them in . We have artists that performed in Hollywood . Bands like Strings have sung for Spider - Man 2. George W Bush invited Hadiqa Kiani to perform for a private concert for him . Qawwali is popular around the world because of our artists like Nusrat , Rahat . Our Coke Studio is vastly superior to any Indian Version . If you google Bollywood Copies of our Music you will encounter hundreds of songs copied by them from our Music .

This is certainly false. I have checked the comment section of some popular Pakistani serials which had millions of views. It is very rare to find someone from Bangladesh commenting on those. But you will find many Indians there. But you will find somewhat more Bangladeshi comments on Pakistani movie trailers. But that also is a tiny fraction of Indians. You actually will be struck on how low Bangladeshi comments on Pakistani serials considering that Bangladesh has one of the biggest youtube viewing population in the world. You will find even more Nepali comments on Pakistani movie trailers than Bangladeshi. And this also not a one way thing. I can also see many Pakistani commenting on Bangladeshi Youtube contents. So it proves nothing.

https://opinion.bdnews24.com/2014/08/12/on-pakistani-dramas-and-the-bangladeshi-mind/

A hip new serial made in Pakistan in 2012, it became an instant hit amongst overseas South Asian communities, debuting on a well-known channel called Hum TV.

With the advent of Pakistani serials such as Zindagi Gulzar Hai and Humsafar, will South Asian culture become not only more fluid and neo-liberal, but more of a mix of Urdu and Hindi as the dominant markers of identity?

Bangladeshi serials have not been able to make the same kind of impact on the global South Asian cultural fabric. Unlike Pakistani and Indian serials, we as Bangladeshis do not see our country and our lives represented as a model for other South Asian communities to emulate, perhaps because of the fact that our country is still known as an “under-developed, poor” country.

To get an Idea of How popular they are our serials are now available on Netflix .

https://opinion.bdnews24.com/2014/08/12/on-pakistani-dramas-and-the-bangladeshi-mind/

A hip new serial made in Pakistan in 2012, it became an instant hit amongst overseas South Asian communities, debuting on a well-known channel called Hum TV.

With the advent of Pakistani serials such as Zindagi Gulzar Hai and Humsafar, will South Asian culture become not only more fluid and neo-liberal, but more of a mix of Urdu and Hindi as the dominant markers of identity?

Bangladeshi serials have not been able to make the same kind of impact on the global South Asian cultural fabric. Unlike Pakistani and Indian serials, we as Bangladeshis do not see our country and our lives represented as a model for other South Asian communities to emulate, perhaps because of the fact that our country is still known as an “under-developed, poor” country.

To get an Idea of How popular they are our serials are now available on Netflix .
This writer is a Bangladeshi Canadian talking about her experience in Canada. Where some Pakistani serials became hits among wider South Asian diaspora. It has nothing to do with Bangladesh. Bangladeshi audience in Bangladesh do not know about these dramas 'Zindagi Gulzar Hai and Humsafar'. Here in PDF, I have learned that these dramas became hits in India. But This is certainly not the case in Bangladesh. Here nobody watch Paksitani tv or know about it's contents.

100%

Bengalis think that just because their economy is up, everything is good. Hitler also made the economy of Germany better, but was Hitler good for Germany?

Economy goes up and down, but we should not loose our democracy, Pakistan learned that the hard way.

No doubt, Pak will progress under IK leadership inshallah. All indications are there.

Bd is stuck in the state of confusion. It does not know the difference between brothers and foes. Allahu Alam.

This writer is a Bangladeshi Canadian talking about her experience in Canada. Where some Pakistani serials became hits among wider South Asian diaspora. It has nothing to do with Bangladesh. Bangladeshi audience in Bangladesh do not know about these dramas 'Zindagi Gulzar Hai and Humsafar'. Here in PDF, I have learned that these dramas became hits in India. But This is certainly not the case in Bangladesh. Here nobody watch Paksitani tv or know about it's contents.

My experience is completely different. Almost all my Bengali friends in Malaysia knew about the serials and some of them even requested Sana Safinaz branded clothes just because they saw them in the serials .

My experience is completely different. Almost all my Bengali friends in Malaysia knew about the serials and some of them even requested Sana Safinaz branded clothes just because they saw them in the serials .
You shown them those serials.:rolleyes:

Viva la Republique Christian du Canada (Quebec) where you live and earn dole money to fill your stomach. Are you a Muslim when you live among the Christians? Read history, it took more than a hundred years of efforts by the Persians to convert the idolator Pathans to Muslim.

Your Islamic Republic of Pakistan has become so poor after the 1971 war!! And now, it has become a greater Punjab. Bengalis are not in the picture to balance with the Punjabis. They were more responsible than others like Baltis to kill the Bengalis in 1971.

By the way, why Saudi Arabia does not follow Pakistan to rename it the "Islamic Republic of Saudi Arabia"? Why it is only Pakistan that sells Islam and gets defeated by the Hindus? They are unable to fight Napak Hindustan that is why they want to sell themselves by an Islamic name.
This is ridiculous man.I personally know a few bangladeshi families turned chrisitians just to get jobs in usa and uk.dont embarass yourself dude.your argument is useless.saudia is not islamic republic but look how much they care for pakistan than they care for your bangladesh.

We have much better cities , better universities , Better Infrastructure , Higher PPP per capita , Bigger Middle Class , Much more freedom than one Party North Korea like situation found in BD , Better Defence , Less Corrupt and What Not . Pakistan is ranked 67 on Happiness Index while BD is somewhere at the Bottom .

We are Making Fighter Jets now. What are you making ? T-shirts ?
there is more money in T-shirts

Viva la Republique Christian du Canada (Quebec) where you live and earn dole money to fill your stomach. Are you a Muslim when you live among the Christians?
And what do you think your few fellow bengalis doing in canada,digging astreoids for precious metals?I have seen myself poor bengalis picking stuff out of Baldiya drums in saudi arabia.dont compare yourself with pakistan.you have one nation in one piece of land which never was a direct part of pakistan.we as nation after every trouble,grow and stand stronger.this is something you bengalis would never understand.

1. 55-70 % of JF-17 is manufactured inside Pakistan at the Kamra Aeronautical Complex. That is the reason we get export orders for it. We are in the process of making Block 3 now which will be better or on par with F-16's.

JF-17 Black 3 will still have the following:

1. Chinese designed airframe
2. Chinese AESA radar
3. Chinese WVRAAM and BVRAAMs
4. Chinese avionics including EW and FCS
5. Russian Engine or maybe Chinese engine(WS-13E).

This to me looks like a Chinese airplane more or less. Yes Pakistan is doing more than final assembly but in no way can JF-17 be called a Pakistani built fighter. A lot of people do not consider Gripen to be a true Swedish plane and that has far more indigenous content than JF-17.

2. Potential in Pakistan is much more than BD due to its Strategic Location , Natural Resources (There are news of a huge oil reserves being found near Karachi) and simply put Pakistani's are a resilient bunch much more so than BD. In the long term PK will be much ahead . 20-25 years down the lane Dhaka Chittagong will look the same. Lahore has transformed in 10 years alone .

Let us forget about "potential" and talk about reality.

BD has surpassed Pakistan in nominal from half that figure just over a decade ago.
Pakistan per capita is forecast to go down to 2% growth this year while CPEC is in full swing.

Dhaka and Chittagong will look the same in 20-25 years down the line?

I really would like to have what you are smoking there dude!
The amount of infrastructure that is being built in both Dhaka and Chittagong will transform both cities in no more than 10 years. Just Google what is happening and being planned for both cities.

Most major organisations forecast BD to have the fastest industrialising large economy to 2030 while they are nowhere near as optimistic for Pakistan.

I don't need to . You guys don't have an entertainment industry that is good enough so you guys watch and support foreign content .

We had a strong TV drama industry before Indian serials took all audience from Bangladesh to Star Plus, Zee TV and Sony.

During BTV era dramas were so popular. In Bengali these dramas are called Natoks. So good.

Our entertainment industry needs major revival but Indian Bengali channels and Hindi channels don't let Bangladeshi TV channels to show good contents because of lack of audience. All audiences has shifted to Kolkata TV dramas these days.

JF-17 Black 3 will still have the following:

1. Chinese designed airframe
2. Chinese AESA radar
3. Chinese WVRAAM and BVRAAMs
4. Chinese avionics including EW and FCS
5. Russian Engine or maybe Chinese engine(WS-13E).

This to me looks like a Chinese airplane more or less. Yes Pakistan is doing more than final assembly but in no way can JF-17 be called a Pakistani built fighter. A lot of people do not consider Gripen to be a true Swedish plane and that has far more indigenous content than JF-17.

Let us forget about "potential" and talk about reality.

BD has surpassed Pakistan in nominal from half that figure just over a decade ago.
Pakistan per capita is forecast to go down to 2% growth this year while CPEC is in full swing.

Dhaka and Chittagong will look the same in 20-25 years down the line?

I really would like to have what you are smoking there dude!
The amount of infrastructure that is being built in both Dhaka and Chittagong will transform both cities in no more than 10 years. Just Google what is happening and being planned for both cities.

Most major organisations forecast BD to have the fastest industrialising large economy to 2030 while they are nowhere near as optimistic for Pakistan.

By that logic F35 isn't American since so many of it's parts are from other countries.
Every airplane built has party from other countries.

And yes, you guys keep harping on GDP because you sold a few shirts.

Pakistan is still a decade ahead of you in reduction of poverty and the happiness index.
In the next 5 years we will be a decade ahead in GDP as well

By that logic F35 isn't American since so many of it's parts are from other countries.
Every airplane built has party from other countries.

USA can replace EVERY part in F-35 with it's own domestic equivalent.
Pakistan cannot do the same for Jf-17 as it does not have the technology.

USA can replace EVERY part in F-35 with it's own domestic equivalent.
Pakistan cannot do the same for Jf-17 as it does not have the technology.
Not true.
You need to learn more about aviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom