What's new

27 Feb 19: PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace: DG ISPR

Alhamdulillah This day was a joy for me.
Single handedly the 2nd happiest day of my life. First being the birth of my daughters.

But based on my location, you guys can imagine what a treat it was for us Pakistanis (here).

I still remember the moment someone informed me about it - I couldn't control the joy.

I think I stopped at 3-4 methai stores on the way home, and everything was fresh out, for obvious reasons.

Where were you (all) when you first found out on the morning of 27th Feb, 2019?

Single handedly the 2nd happiest day of my life. First being the birth of my daughters.

But based on my location, you guys can imagine what a treat it was for us Pakistanis (here).

I still remember the moment someone informed me about it - I couldn't control the joy.

I think I stopped at 3-4 methai stores on the way home, and everything was fresh out, for obvious reasons.

i found out during the operation with a text, ā€œGame onā€
i found out details when the operation had just concluded.

On 3rd anniversary of Operation Swift Retort, PM reaffirms 'unwavering commitment' to national security

Dawn.com
February 27, 2022

On the third anniversary of Operation Swift Retort, Prime Minister Imran Khan said on Sunday that Pakistan was "resolute and unwavering" in its commitment to national security.

On February 27, 2019, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) had shot down two Indian planes that had violated Pakistani airspace. One of the Indian pilots was captured by Pakistan, but was later handed over as a gesture of peace.

"I have always believed in conflict resolution through dialogue and diplomacy. That should never be taken as a sign of weakness," the premier said on Twitter.

"As we showed India on Feb 27, 2019, when it chose to attack us, our armed forces backed by the nation will respond to military aggression and prevail at all levels," he added.
"We are resolute and unwavering in our commitment to the security of our country and our nation," he said.
zxLifsgg_bigger.jpg

Imran Khan

@ImranKhanPTI

I have always believed in conflict resolution through dialogue & diplomacy. That should never be taken as a sign of weakness. As we showed India on 27Feb2019, when it chose to attack us, our armed forces backed by the nation will respond to mly aggression & prevail at all levels.

We are resolute & unwavering in our commitment to the security of our country and our nation.

1:28 AM Ā· Feb 27, 2022Ā·Twitter for Android

Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Director General Maj Gen Babar Iftikhar said today marked the third anniversary of Operation Swift Retort when Pakistan's armed forces gave a befitting response to "Indian failed misadventure".

"Achievements of PAF in shooting down two Indian fighter ac, detection of Indian submarine at sea by Pak Navy and resounding response at Line of Control by Pak Army are [a] testament to professionalism and determination of Pakistan armed forces for [the] defence of [the] motherland," he said.

"Not just weapons or numbers, but [the] resolve of a nation and [the] operational preparedness of armed forces defines success in face of adversity," he concluded.

"70's era Mig", is an excuse by the Indians which even most Pakistanis fall victim to.
First, Indians are flying one of the most advanced, upgraded version of Migs. Correct me if I am wrong.
second, F-16's were introduced in the late 70's. So they belongs to the era of 70's too.
Third, Nobody asked them to send the Migs towards the LOC. It was their decision.
In addition the Bison is both BVR and HOBS equipped. Employment of Bison was a tactical Indian option because MKIs, M2Ks and Mig-29s were all rendered ineffective after the first exchange.

To the last poster, truth will come out when an aging IAF officer will reveal what really transpired and why the IAF came out of this contest all the poorer. Comparing Kargil to this is apples and oranges. Kargil required operational secrecy just like Operation Gibraltar, here there is no operational secrecy.

We have lost combat aircraft in the past wars including the downing of the hapless Atlantique by a "Bison" in a non-war time incident yet we owned up to it. This time it did not happen regardless of the wishful thinking on the other side.

Kya kareen ustaad ji ap milty nhi

Main kab se riha hoon bus thora busy or internet ka masla hai sir
Chicken kadahi ki bajy Cup of tea ki pic lagaty , moka bhi tha aor dastoor bhi aor aj tea day bhi tha šŸ˜‚

Lovesick and had a miserable case of Pnemonia. Woke up and saw initial reports in bed on my phone, instantly made my day better. The blackouts which followed for the days after were quite surreal.

Back
Top Bottom