What's new

2nd Test: England vs Pakistan at Birmingham, Aug 06-10, 2010

I was opposing Younus Khan and M.Yousuf as wanting young blood to come into Pakistani Cricket.

YOUNG NE MAZA BUNG KAR DIYA.

I hope Mohammad Yousuf will do the needfull and will not let us down.

Girte he Shah Sawar hi maidan jung me
wo tifal kiya gire ga jo ghutno ke bal chale

be optimistic brothers

when sister you wish me and most importantly ALLAH atleast what i think for team everytime it goes right i know that amin is buny when i first saw him so after that he did nothing atleast i sound some thing good for the team not that team get heavy defats of its life time and make records of defeats

predictions ahan good :):)

young playesr should be testes in T 20

Good idea,
Young players should be tested in T-20s or more preferably in ODIs. Bringing them in test arena so early is plain stupidity but the problem we are currently having is we do not have any replacement players. You have a good point that they should be tested in a shorter format before dragging them in real cricket also known as Test cricket.

Usually other nations play these players for ODIs and T-20s for couple of matches before dragging them into this bigger format of the game. Look at Suresh Raina, he has played around 98 ODIs and only debut his test career in last match.

I ain't saying to play 98/100 ODIs but yes 15 - 25 ODIs should be minimum.

hope zaki bhai MY perfoms as i said you one player at a time you can test in the test arena and keep two good batsman with them so in the pitch they can transfer their experience to them remember what inzi bhai did to yousuf and younis now it is time give 2 years to yousuf and ask him and younis they transfer their experience to youg guns in the match will be easy for us and they will be happy to do itand believe me in tests experience counts but in T 20 no u just have to hit the ball remember what steve and mark waugh did with ponting so in test it is al about learning from experienced players thats why it has been said test format is most hardest of them all because of its nature immmense5 days u have to perom nd form youg guns you cannot ask them staright a way so better of keep old horses who can guide them. INSHAHALLAH we will get MY in new players but keep MY for 2 years full time in tests and in ODI specially in WC 2011

Good idea,
Young players should be tested in T-20s or more preferably in ODIs. Bringing them in test arena so early is plain stupidity but the problem we are currently having is we do not have any replacement players. You have a good point that they should be tested in a shorter format before dragging them in real cricket also known as Test cricket.

Usually other nations play these players for ODIs and T-20s for couple of matches before dragging them into this bigger format of the game. Look at Suresh Raina, he has played around 98 ODIs and only debut his test career in last match.

I ain't saying to play 98/100 ODIs but yes 15 - 25 ODIs should be minimum.

Depends on the selection team and the player in question. Remember Justin Langer who was one of the best opening batsmen of our time made his test debut before playing one days. While his opening partner Mathew Hayden did exactly the opposite. So its up to the selectors really that what player they want at what level.

According to a TV report Mohammad Yousuf will not be available for 2nd test may join the team in 3rd test.

Hockey, squash and now cricket .. I am predicting we will start swimming soon..

well it is because of *** hole salman butt what the pain he has his *** **** team not even crossing to 200 mark still he want that useless amin and what does his foam is did nothing after those 90s his place in the team is tooo not certain and still he support youngster we are going to see pak's heavy defaet now in second test by more than 400 to 500 runs now be prepare if yousuf wont play it will be hard to cross even 100 now witgh this full of tailenders i have suggestion for salman butt fist off al bring your foam than talk for others foam

Yousuf misses Pakistan training

Mohammad Yousuf has arrived in Birmingham but not in time to take part in Pakistan's training session at Edgbaston this afternoon and he remains a doubtful starter for the second Test against England. However, given Pakistan's desperation to get back into the series following their 354-run hammering at Trent Bridge, team management are still likely to make a late decision on Yousuf's inclusion.

After the heavy defeat in Nottingham, Pakistan captain Salman Butt came out in support of his young batsmen - Azhar Ali and Umar Amin - only to be told moments later that Yousuf had agreed to come out of retirement following an SOS call to join the squad. Butt said he was comfortable having Yousuf back, but would need to be convinced of his mental state as much as his form before the Test starts.

"I am sure he would've picked up the bat at some point because even he knows he is coming to play a Test match," Butt said. "He has to tell me what kind of physical state he is because it has been a quite a lot of travel for him."

"I would love to have the guy with the most runs in Pakistan and the most hundreds by any Pakistani batsmen," he added. "I would definitely like to use his experience. But it will depend on what kind of state he is in because I don't want to be unfair to anyone. It is a professional outfit, you got to get people going when they say they are 100 percent ready for it."

However, Butt admitted it was a far from ideal situation for the team to find themselves in with someone jetting in on the eve of a Test and leaving uncertainty around the squad when they are trying to level the series.

"Everybody knows that this is the type of show that has been coming out of Pakistan previously as well as recently," he said. "This is something that can change. It should be more pre-planned and people should know beforehand who is going to come, who is going to play, but players really don't have a choice. [But] it happens with other teams as well. Yes, it happens to Pakistan more often."

Although Yousuf brings with him a wealth of experience and class there remains the danger of rekindling the destructive atmosphere that developed during the tour of Australia where Yousuf was captain and Pakistan lost every match. Butt, though, wants to start afresh rather than think about the past.

"If he can do us something good that will be good for the team," he said. "And there is also a chance for the youngster to go to him, speak to him and get something from his experience and benefit from that. I hope that his presence has a good effect on the rest of the guys especially the young batsmen."

Sources in the Pakistan team have suggested that if Yousuf isn't deemed ready for an immediate recall then Yasir Hameed is in line for a middle-order berth with Amin the likely one to be dropped.

The other certain change will come in the bowling department after Danish Kaneria was sent back to county cricket with Essex after a dismal game at Trent Bridge so offspinner Saeed Ajmal will get his chance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

so that means his inclusion is pretty much doubtful but I'am amazed to read Butt's statements, I guess he speaking his mind but he can't ignore the fact that Yousuf is the most experienced batsman though Butt is still very clear in his mind that he wants to give chance to yongsters. I just hope his gameplan works and Pakistani team comes out successful !

Depends on the selection team and the player in question. Remember Justin Langer who was one of the best opening batsmen of our time made his test debut before playing one days. While his opening partner Mathew Hayden did exactly the opposite. So its up to the selectors really that what player they want at what level.

well sir first of all tell you umer amin is not of class of langer or hayden even taileneder like asif bats better than him. so stop aomparing langer with likes of amin and azhar ali azhar ali seems like is better tha amin but still not good enough to get in tests and day have changed sir of cricket before new comers can come and play their game in tests now every youngster want to play like T 20 which is different from test style

Team Pakistan: a package of unpredictability
Rajneesh Gupta | Cricketnext.comPosted on Aug 05, 2010 at 17:26 | Updated Aug 05, 2010 at 18:16

Share New Delhi: Under a new captain, Pakistan beat Australia for the first time in 15 years to win a Test match, singing songs of a revival. But just as it looked that they were getting into the groove, Pakistan promptly lost their subsequent Test, slumping to 80 all out in the second innings of the first Test against England. This Pakistan side has always been unpredictable and over the last decade looks like riding a see-saw.

Looking at their beleaguered nature, since 2000, Pakistan have played 88 Tests, won 31, lost 35 and drawn 22. These stats don’t look that bad, but the picture takes on a different hue after considering the following facts:

- Pakistan have not won a Test series since January 2007.

- Since 2000, Pakistan have used 10 captains – most by any side, along with West Indies, during this period.

- The 41 opening pairs used by them are also the maximum used by any side.

Pakistan started the last decade with a home series against Sri Lanka, losing it 1-2. They also lost to West Indies in the Caribbean 0-1 but then came back strongly against Sri Lanka winning 2-0 in Sri Lanka’s own den. This series win, though, was followed by another series loss to England at home while the subsequent two series were drawn 1-1.

Pakistan then had a good run as they beat Bangladesh in back-to-back series and followed it up with a series win against West Indies in the UAE. However, they couldn't continue the trend and lost against Sri Lanka at home. But they recovered soon after to beat New Zealand at home, only to be routed 3-0 by Australia when they toured Down Under in October 2002.

Though the next series against Zimbabwe turned out to be a cakewalk for the Pakistanis, they lost the following series against South Africa badly (0-2). Then they lived up to their unpredictable nature and went on to win three consecutive series, as they beat Bangladesh and South Africa at home and New Zealand in New Zealand.

Between August and December 2003, Pakistan played 7 consecutive matches without facing defeat. But their copybook was blotted by a series loss against India in 2003-04, when India visited Pakistan after a gap of about 15 years.

They then drew the series against Sri Lanka but were routed 3-0 once again by Australia. When everyone expected Pakistan to be in the doldrums, Pakistan made a remarkable comeback, drawing a series against India in India after trailing. They then drew the series against West Indies in the Caribbean and then won next three consecutive series – against England, India and Sri Lanka.

Between June 2005 and July 2006, Pakistan played 10 consecutive matches without facing defeat. Then came the England series that was marred by Oval Test controversy when Inzamam-ul-Haq refused to take the field against umpires’ decision of changing the ball. England were then declared winners by virtue of a walk-over.

Interestingly, it was the only Test in which Pakistan were in a strong position. Pakistan then beat a depleted West Indies side 2-0 at home but lost to South Africa in back-to-back series and then to India in India. The next series against Sri Lanka had to be called off prematurely after the terrorists attacked the Sri Lankan team-bus in Lahore. Pakistan then lost to Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka but managed to square the series against New Zealand in New Zealand.

Between January 2007 and November 2009, Pakistan had played 12 consecutive matches without winning one. Then came another routing against Australia in Australia – once again by a 3-0 margin. Just recently, these two sides met again in England (a home series for Pakistan). The result of the first Test was on the expected lines as Australia romped home by 150 runs. Skipper Shahid Afridi then surprisingly announced his retirement from Test cricket in a jiffy.

At a moment when Pakistan team was plagued by all kinds of controversies, the team replied in the most perfect manner by packing Australia up just for 88 on the first day of the Test and won it by 3 wickets, against all odds, under the new skipper Salman Butt.

But the nightmare returned for Pakistan in the form of drubbing against England in first of the four Tests scheduled in the current series in England. It will be interesting to see now if Pakistan's unpredictability can spice up the series.

welll when we got captain like YN why they have changed it we hit our own foot so it is our fault

welll when we got captain like YN why they have changed it we hit our own foot so it is our fault

what is YN? i noticed many times you mention Younis Khan as YN? what is N?

^Maybe Younis Naswar instead of Khan!! :rofl:

No offence! :)

Back
Top Bottom