What's new

2nd Test: England vs Pakistan at Birmingham, Aug 06-10, 2010

Tommorow is another battle

yea its a new day and who knows how pak would turn out.....i still doubt any miracle in middle order with an erratic opener like Farhat and two new players, one of them looks good Azhar but playing late swing is an art known by likes of Inzi, Younus, Yousuf....sighhhh what a self destruction of the team.....

in any case lets hope for the team's success, they seem to be the thing that can bring smile on faces of people on a massive level......nothingelse seem to be turning things pleasureable for so many peopl affected by recent tragedies.....

So Kamran is AXED and Ajmal comes in for Kaneria....both decisions seem logical....

So who knows;)

yea its a new day and who knows how pak would turn out.....i still doubt any miracle in middle order with an erratic opener like Farhat and two new players, one of them looks good Azhar but playing late swing is an art known by likes of Inzi, Younus, Yousuf....sighhhh what a self destruction of the team.....

in any case lets hope for the team's success, they seem to be the thing that can bring smile on faces of people on a massive level......nothingelse seem to be turning things pleasureable for so many peopl affected by recent tragedies.....

So Kamran is AXED and Ajmal comes in for Kaneria....both decisions seem logical....

So who knows;)

we can only hope

Lets hope Zulqarnain Haider performs well in his debut.

This is what happens when you think with your head buried in the sand. These morons send Yousuf when the batsmen played like utter ****. No ****, it required a drubbing to get them to at least get some part of their head out of the sand. Had they sent Yousuf before, there would've been no such problem.

This is what happens when you think with your head buried in the sand. These morons send Yousuf when the batsmen played like utter ****. No ****, it required a drubbing to get them to at least get some part of their head out of the sand. Had they sent Yousuf before, there would've been no such problem.

:lol::lol: you made me laugh!

Btw, the problem I am talking about is that Yousuf won't playing in the next test as he's still tired.

Kamran Akmal, Yousuf ruled out for Edgbaston test

cricket-608.JPG

BIRMINGHAM: Pakistan batsman Mohammad Yousuf will not play in the second test against England on Friday due to jetlag.

Yousuf, Pakistan's third-highest scoring test batsman and highest of the current squad, arrived in Birmingham less than a day before start of the five-day test match at Edgbaston.

“Yousuf has not been picked for the test as he has just reached Birmingham after a long flight from Karachi,” team manager Yawar Saeed said.

“The tour selectors felt it would be better if Yousuf had time to adjust to the conditions and also play in the tour match before the third test.”

Former captain Yousuf was drafted into the squad on Sunday, despite having been banned by the Pakistan Cricket Board, after his country's crushing 354-run first test defeat when they were bowled out for their lowest-ever test total against England of 80.

Pakistan have dropped wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal and brought in uncapped Zulqarnain Haider in his place for the second test while spinner Saeed Ajmal replaces Danish Kaneria.

Yousuf had earlier told Reuters that he did not expect to be thrust straight into the side.

“I think it would be difficult not just for me but for any player in the world to just arrive and tomorrow play cricket,” he said. “It's not good for the team if I am a little bit... (tired).

I think I need another three or four days of practice and a little bit of training and play the next test.

“I only arrived at three 'o' clock and to play less than 20 hours later and adjust to the time difference as well is very difficult,” he added.

“My flight was over ten hours from Lahore to Karachi, Karachi to Dubai and then Dubai to Birmingham. It was a very hectic flight. I have more chance of (playing in the third test at) The Oval.”

CRUSHING DEFEAT
Yousuf, who was handed a one-year ban for his role in undermining morale during the dismal tour of Australia this year, said he had watched the humiliating first test on television at his Lahore residence.

The 35-year-old has played 88 test matches and averaged 53 and 70 in his 12 tests against England but he did not think past experience was enough to rely on in getting him through the match.

“Every test match is a new game and although I have experience I have to give respect to England and to my team mates,” he added. “I need to time to adjust.”

He declined to comment on the nature of his call-up or whether he expected to play test cricket again but said he was “happy to be back with the boys” and wanted to work with and help a relatively young team.

“They are very talented, energetic youngsters and day by day will improve and can be good for Pakistan in the future. They just need experience,” he added.

Team: Salman Butt (captain), Imran Farhat, Azhar Ali, Umar Amin, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Zulqarnain Haider, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamer, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal.

Kamran Akmal dropped... Hurray!! :D:D

hope Zulqarnain will perform well in his debut...

tell you what we are loosing this match before the bowl has been bowled with yousuf atleat we can drawn i dont know what the hell they have seen in amin still keept in team in 6 innings he hardly managed to get 50 runs even a tailander can do better than him it will be hard to get to 150 because no one in the team is test player specially batsman player like yousuf wont need practice even that **** amin did the training still not able to get to 50 mark in all inings salman butt will be responsible for the loss of this test and waqar and tell you what sallman butt days as player and captain is counted. from now on im against the coach hope he looses hi space we need someone who know about batting and bowling like bob woolmer it is sad after have played test cricket that long as a bowler he still makes childish things hope waqar never comes back and salman butt never become captain again hope we loose this test by 400 mark so they childish coach and captain loose their places forever

Last edited:
Broad to Imran Farhat, OUT, gone! First wicket falls as Farhat tickles a catch through from a ball that simply pitched on line, angled across the left-hander and was full enough to make him play - an easy catch for Prior

8-1:disagree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom