What's new

3 Chinese smartphone brands among global Top 5

小米是中国最便宜手机 功能对我我满足 雷军带头让我佩服 还有美国苹果 韩国三星 他妈弄贵了让我不爽 垃圾苹果三星 乔布斯弄苹果贵死是活该
Millet is the cheapest mobile phone function China to me I meet Lei Junlead the let I admire and America Apple Samsung and get your make me uncomfortable refuse Apple Samsung Jobs make apple of yourdeath is deserved it.

小米是中国最便宜手机 功能对我我满足 雷军带头让我佩服 还有美国苹果 韩国三星 他妈弄贵了让我不爽 垃圾苹果三星 乔布斯弄苹果贵死是活该
Millet is the cheapest mobile phone function China to me I meet Lei Junlead the let I admire and America Apple Samsung and get your make me uncomfortable refuse Apple Samsung Jobs make apple of yourdeath is deserved it.

@Chinese-Dragon unless China has something like Android or Windows to win the world market share, your position as OEM will remain volatile and replacable. As I said, the only advantage China has is low-cost, but that is not a permanent advantage. :)

I dont see that way pal.. you dont need to own Android or any OS in order to win the world market share. There is little or even no connection between them. Innovation, cost management talk more.

Huawei designs its own processor, the networks that the phones run on and the phones themselves. The only thing that Huawei doesn't do is assemble the phone (that is handled by another Chinese company) and the OS, which is Android. This means that there is a huge advantage to Huawei, because it knows exactly how to optimize its phones for its network, and it can leverage its networking experience into providing more mobile services such as data storage.
Huawei use underpowered SOCs in its phone that's what said to me no

A few observations:

1. All the 5 phones are American concepts running on American technology/operating systems.

2. The top two (Samsung & Apple) has more than double the market share of the bottom three.

3. The bottom three phones cost half the price, and even less than the top two brands for similar specs.

4. It's a fight between innovation and quality vs. price. Innovation and quality are still valued in this world, hence they lead.

@Chinese-Dragon did I miss any point? :)
No! You're just very butt hurt. You can't seem to accept the truth. What you are asking Chinese to do is re-invent the wheel. What's borrowed tech? So, now you want each and every car to have different shapes of wheels? Yea why not, Mr. Brilliant here wants every company to have their own wheel design? Oh wait, how about aeroplanes? Do you want a change in their wing design too? How about missiles design? A square shaped missile? Face it, dray. Your just butt hurt.
When you have nothing concrete, you just troll. You're nothing but a troll. From day one, you were always recognized as a troll.

A few observations:

1. All the 5 phones are American concepts running on American technology/operating systems.

2. The top two (Samsung & Apple) has more than double the market share of the bottom three.

3. The bottom three phones cost half the price, and even less than the top two brands for similar specs.

4. It's a fight between innovation and quality vs. price. Innovation and quality are still valued in this world, hence they lead.

@Chinese-Dragon did I miss any point? :)
You miss one, there is no India phone, maybe it will be included if the list is Top 1000.

You miss one, there is no India phone, maybe it will be included if the list is Top 1000.
I check a micromax hp vs a LG thread. It was absolutely no contest. The LG HP has everything while the Indian one has nothing and the price is very similiar. Indian who buy miccromax HP is solely based on nationalistic with no tech merit. You can imagine why miccromax this brand will always stay in india. :lol:

Last edited:
Huawei Honor 6 Plus Review: A true flagship at an amazing price!
December 17, 2014

Huawei Honor 6 Plus was one of the most talked about smartphones this month. In the past few weeks, we save seen plenty of rumors regarding the design and specifications of the device, which gave us a fair idea as to what to expect from the Huawei flagship. But today, we don’t have to rely on any rumors or leaks, as Huawei has officially unveiled the Huawe Honor 6 Plus smartphone.

Like always, we start off with the Huawei Honor 6 Plus Review with design.

DESIGN

If you have seen the Honor 6 smartphone, you’d immediately realize that the new Honor 6 Plus is related to the device in some way. This is because, the new flagship retains the basic design as its predecessor. You get the same rectangular design with round corners as the earlier flagship. However, with its larger 5.5-inch display as opposed to the 5-inch display found on the Honor 6, the new device is much larger and wider than the latter. But somehow, Huawei has managed to maintain the exact same thickness on both the models.

Huawei Honor 6 Plus Dimensions : 150.46×75.68×7.5mm Weight: 165 grams

Huawei Honor 6 Dimensions : 139.6 x 69.7 x 7.5 mm Weight: 130 grams

As you can see, the Honor 6 Plus and Honor 6 measure just 7.5mm in thickness.

The company has taken special care of the design on the phone. The display occupies over 78.2% of the front and the bezels are much thinner than the earlier model. This makes it look much more solid and premium than its predecessor. Even the portion above and below the display looks much smaller.

On top of the display, lies the ear piece, sensors and the front camera. However Huawei has changed the placement to a certain extent of these components. The front camera is now to the left of the ear piece while the sensors go just above it. With the bigger real estate, you have four on screen buttons (an additional notification drop down button is available), instead of the three found on the original model.

The rear panel remains the same on the new device. So, you have a glass like finish at the back which gives it a rich look. If you look closely, you’ll see the small grid on the back cover like the previous flagship. But these lines are not visible from a distance. This finish gives it a very unique feel, much different than other phones available in the market.

The camera and the dual LED flash placement remains the same i.e. on top of the rear panel. However, now you can clearly see the dual camera setup with two sensors onboard. In the middle, you have the honor branding and finally at the bottom, you have the speaker grill. You’ll also see a shiny metal frame which adds a rich flavor the overall unibody design.

On the right side, you have the power and the volume buttons. Below these lies the openings for SIM card as well as MicroSD card + Nano SIM card slot. On the previous model, Huawei had these under a single flap, but now they are separated. On top you have the 3.5m headphone jack as well as the IR blaster while at the bottom, you have the traditional MicroUSB slot along with a microphone besides it.

Continued...

DISPLAY:

The Huawei Honor 6 Plus comes with a 5.5-inch 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution display. While we would have loved to see a 2K display on the phone like most other flagships in the market, the 1080p display too looks pretty clear and vibrant. In fact, when you look at the pixel density of the device, its about 401ppi, which is great for a phone with this size.

The LCD screen looks rich in colors and vibrant and there is no noticeable pixels on the screen. So, videos and pictures looks great on its large screen. In short, you shouldn’t have any problems with the Honor 6 Plus’s 1080p display.

One thing we would like to add is that 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution is quite sharp. But of late, we have become obsessed with 2K resolution, hence some may feel that the lack of a 2K display is a drawback. But we don’t feel so, because end of the day the display looks very good and the lower resolution screen will help increase the phone’s battery life.

HARDWARE & PERFORMANCE:
Huawei has made sure that its flagship has top-notch specifications. Under the hood, you have the Huawei’s own HiSilicon Kirin 925 octa-core processor. This processor is built on the ARM’s big.LITTLE architecture and comes with four ARM Cortex-A7 cores clocked at 1.31 GHz and Cortex-A15 at 1.80 GHz. When the phone is running just the basic apps, the four A7 cores are working under the hood. However, as you start a graphic intensive game or an app, the remaining four A15 cores sets in. Such a setup will help the phone regulate the heat generated inside and will conserve battery as much as possible. The inbuilt Mali-T628MP4 GPu is equipped with a ‘i3′ coprocessor which can support 4G LTE Category 6 networks. The processor is mated with 3GB RAM to provide a smooth multitasking experience. For storage you have 16GB/ 32GB internal storage options along with a MicroSD card slot which can take cards up to 128GB in size.

Overall performance of the Kirin 925 is quite good. When using the phone for basic tasks like music, calls and internet surfing, the phone won’t get heated up easily. However, when you are playing a heavy game or working on a graphic intensive app, the phone does heat a little.

Gaming performance is good. The phone handled racing games as well as first person running games like Subway Surfer without any glitches. Kirin 925 and Mali T628MP4 handled everything thrown at it with ease. So, gaming experience is smooth and there is no visible lag.

In the AnTuTu benchmark test, the Honor 6 Plus scored an impressive figure of 42223. While this is lower than other flagships like OnePlus One, Xiaomi Mi4 and Galaxy S5, the difference is very minimal, which means in day to day usage, the performance should be more or less the same on all the four devices.

Naturally with the kind of tech inside the Honor 6 Plus, 1080p video playback is extremely smooth. The phone responds well even when scrolling the video forwards or backwards. So, you can anytime rely on this device for watching Full HD movies. Honor 6 supports a number of network bands such as TD-LTE / FDD-LTE / WCDMA / GSM. It runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with Emotion 3.0 UI. But we’ll discuss more on the software in another post.

BATTERY
With these tech specs, Huawei has made sure that the Honor 6 Plus lasts easily for more than a day. It comes with a large 3600 mAh battery which should be sufficient for everyday usage. In everyday terms, a few minutes of hours of calling and surfing, a few pictures once in a while as well as listening to music for a few more hours would not deplete the battery completely. So, it will last you an entire day with moderate usage. However, as of now, we don’t know the exact run time that the battery provides. But stay tuned as in the next few days, we’ll try to update you guys about the battery life.

VERDICT
Huawei Honor 6 Plus comes with a great design with an amazing build quality (refer our earlier article where it stops a bullet!), top-notch hardware, an amazing camera as well as a great battery. It looks like the company has finally covered everything that a buyer wants in a device.

You get all these features for a price that put other flagships like HTC One M8, Xperia Z3 and Samsung Galaxy S5 to shame. The Honor 6 Plus is up for pre-order starting today at an amazing price of 1999 Yuan ($323) for the 3G variant and the 2499 ($403) Yuan for the 4G variant. The device starts shipping from next week.

It's a fight between innovation and quality vs. price. Innovation and quality are still valued in this world, hence they lead.:)
As I always leisurely give free education to delusional and ignorant Indians, here is another fact about current 4G LET smart phone industry,

for every 4G smart phone made in this planet, regardless of which company and brand, they all have to pay royalties to the following high tech companies (percentage of the unit retail price):

Qualcomm 3.25%
Motorola 2.25%
Huawei 2%
Ericsson 1.5%
Nokia 1.5%
Nortel 1%
ZTE 1%
Siemens 0.8%
Via Licensing $2.10 per unit
Sisvel Patent Pool 0.99 Euro per unit

they are dominated by US, Northern European and China,
http://www.wilmerhale.com/uploadedF...ne-Royalty-Stack-Armstrong-Mueller-Syrett.pdf

so your so-called 'observation' is as primitive and ludicrous as your country's development stage

But you missed the whole point. :-)

The thread and my post was about those five brands, not about India, so no consolation prize for you. :)

You can't be a leader with borrowed tech.
If what you meant is based on free market, then who cares about borrowed tech?
Big share of market is had by several Chinese brand, that's enough.

Back
Top Bottom