What's new

3 Pakistan Navy personnel martyred in Gwadar helicopter crash

The Copter tail rotter section disintegrated. Would not be surprised Pakistani Military infrastructure is being used well beyond its life to the point where structural integrity is begin to creep in, combined with shortcuts and corruption in maintenance.

From thin skinned vehicles, to weak processes & controls, to poor fire base support and design, poor tactics, we should not be surprised that Pak Military is not as fit a fighting force as it once was or is made to believe.
We see abject failure after failure on so many levels but no one is held accountable at a high enough level for things to change.

PN always neglects its rotary wing

we operate that silly looking 1960s Lama and those Z9C with the F22Ps are way too short legged

Sea King too old and I mean way too old

now we are getting 4 x MILGEM and 4 x Type 054A/P + 4 x OPV thats 12 warships and yet no rotary wing in sight

we desperately need to get small and medium sized helicopters

Z-8LJ is now available and its a large naval helicopter with range which could replace all the Sea Kings

for warships we can consider the Z20J

PN always neglects its rotary wing

we operate that silly looking 1960s Lama and those Z9C with the F22Ps are way too short legged

now we are getting 4 x MILGEM and 4 x Type 054A/P + 4 x OPV thats 12 warships and yet no rotary wing in sight

we desperately need to get small and medium sized helicopters

Z-8LJ is now available and its a large naval helicopter with range which could replace all the Sea Kings

for warships we can consider the Z20J

Negative, the ships mentioned don't have enough room (landing area) to accommodate Z20Js.

In my opinion, the best option is AW149 as our PAA & PAF are already operating the member of same family (AW139) hence upkeep wouldn't be a problem in this situation.

Below would be ideal for our surface fleet:

12 - AW 139/149s (For Tughril & Jinnah FFGs)
12 - Z9C/Ds (For Babur/Zulfiqar & Yarmook FFGs/OPVs)
12 - Z8G/Ls (For Fleet tankers & coastal activities)

Last edited:
Marine One is a Sea King.
1694754375595.png

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom