What's new

356 Kilometers / hour, Bullet train test run on the China built Jakarta-Bandung High Speed Rail in Indonesia

Nope Indonesian line construction started in 2016, while Indian line was started in 2021.

Indonesian line length: 145km only
Indian line length: 508km

I would say it would be our last HSR, no need to extend it or build it more.

Having this Jakarta-Bandung HSR can be justified if we see the Jakarta Bandung highway is getting crowded year by year. Good for tourism as well. But honestly lot of critics for this after cost over run.

Indonesia should build medium speed train with 250 km operation speed and we can do it by using our own technology, including making the train.

maxresdefault.jpg

WhatsApp-Image-2022-08-10-at-17.59.11.jpeg

Impressive.

Frankly, I've no idea why China dropped almost literally a gazillion on that Maglev train track when 'traditional trains' - comparatively speaking - can achieve near the same speeds.

I mean, sure Maglev is "futuristic" and gave China some bragging rights and everything but I don't think the world is ready for that future. Even the Gulf World with its mountains of petrodollars is reluctant to invest in Maglev and don't even get me started on Elon Musks' muh "Hyperloop"!

What I hate in this clip is everyone taking videos in portrait mode. use landscape mode for videos guys. Mobiles should warn users when taking videos in portrait mode.

Spitting fax!

Damn TikTok thralls...

China got the Indonesia contract in 2015, the same year Japan got India's HSR contract, and what kept India's HSR so long before the start of construction?
Land acquisition due to change of government in Maharashtra which was anti-HSR.

Congratulations Indonesia

if bullet train ticket is cheap then its good,
if price is little bit less than plane ticket, then bullet train is useless for poor or underdeveloped countries.

What I hate in this clip is everyone taking videos in portrait mode. use landscape mode for videos guys. Mobiles should warn users when taking videos in portrait mode.
Then how can I impress my chapri friends on insta reels and tiktok ?

Congratulations Indonesia

if bullet train ticket is cheap then its good,
if price is little bit less than plane ticket, then bullet train is useless for poor or underdeveloped countries.
Bullet train or HSR is not marketed towards poor people. Its an alternative to planes. A lot of people don't like to fly or find it uncomfortable as you're packed like sardines in a tin can. Also you don't have to waste time going and coming from the airport and do all the processing over there.

Land acquisition due to change of government in Maharashtra which was anti-HSR.

That's just lame excuses, majority (70% of HSR line is in Gujarat), mere 155KM is in MH. It's not like work is over in Gujarat and just remaining in MH. On top of that MVA govt was in power for exactly 2 years 7 months, rest all the time it was BJP govt in power in MH.

That's just lame excuses, majority (70% of HSR line is in Gujarat), mere 155KM is in MH. It's not like work is over in Gujarat and just remaining in MH. On top of that MVA govt was in power for exactly 2 years 7 months, rest all the time it was BJP govt in power in MH.
Awarding contracts, surveying, hiring consultants, land acquisition etc take time, covid was another roadblock and land acquisition in Maharashtra was also important, if you fail to acquire desired land, you'll need to redo the surveys for alternate favourable routes.

Still, 200 km pier work is already done. Speed is highly impressive.

Nope Indonesian line construction started in 2016, while Indian line was started in 2021.

Indonesian line length: 145km only
Indian line length: 508km

Indonesian line cost for 145km: $7.5 billion
Indian line cost for 508 km: $14 billion (estimated)

Other than that the loan terms for the project are very easy for us, but maybe not so easy for Indonesia.
Lol, the Indian HSR cost has rocketed to $20 billion now, and that's not the final one, it is likely to be much higher when completed. Indonesian HSR goes through much more difficult terrains, with many bridges and tunnels in the tropics.

Last edited:
386 kilometers / per hour is just amazing, how many Indian and American trains can even manage up to 86 kilometers per hour.

Impressive.

Frankly, I've no idea why China dropped almost literally a gazillion on that Maglev train track when 'traditional trains' - comparatively speaking - can achieve near the same speeds.

I mean, sure Maglev is "futuristic" and gave China some bragging rights and everything but I don't think the world is ready for that future. Even the Gulf World with its mountains of petrodollars is reluctant to invest in Maglev and don't even get me started on Elon Musks' muh "Hyperloop"!

Actually, the cost of the high temperature superconductor Maglev train track China is now developing is estimated to be almost the same as the cost to build conventional HSR, but there are other benefits of Maglev train track. Conventional HSR can't go up to speed of 600 km/h.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom