What's new

37 Brigadiers promoted to the rank of Major General by Promotion Board - ISPR

I doubt it see for promotion to flag rank one must have a strong EQ, and an IQ which is not much high than the average. I am a misfit on both counts IQ I might have may be 30-40 points above average and EQ may be 80 points below average.

But its a good career those who don't make it to flag rank don't complain because they know they were given fair chances, and those who make it to the flag rank well they {have the chance to be president of Pakistan :-)-) just joking)} don't complain either.
Sir this is very interesting!
I have no idea about my EQ and IQ but I have been "Not Recommended" thrice, despite a GTO told me on my third appearance that I should work on defence analysis once I get to academy. And then I got rejected by a psychologist.

Sir this is very interesting!
I have no idea about my EQ and IQ but I have been "Not Recommended" thrice, despite a GTO told me on my third appearance that I should work on defence analysis once I get to academy. And then I got rejected by a psychologist.

A friend served at the post of psychologist in ISSB for a long time, he did gave me briefing about the criterion on which an individual is evaluated I think it was 6 points criterion. Many candidates do make it through ISSB and get rejected in the final selection (true for army less for other services).
It is not written anywhere that you need EQ and IQ, but EQ is what takes you to build teams, relations. IQ is the engine but at any point you demonstrate you have the later in spades, you start becoming arrogant or frustrated depending upon the circumstances.

It's not a failsafe evaluation I got through but I had to decide to leave, a friend got through competed PMA got sword of honor but during Musharraf era got so frustrated that resigned at the post of Major and left for UK.

Nutshell is, it is a well established and well oiled machinery either you fit in or you don't. I didn't fit in and the machine had nothing to do with it, I was just not fit for it. I have no regrets or ill feelings, and still have lots and lots of respect (despite misgivings about certain flag officers) for the men and ladies in uniform.

A friend served at the post of psychologist in ISSB for a long time, he did gave me briefing about the criterion on which an individual is evaluated I think it was 6 points criterion. Many candidates do make it through ISSB and get rejected in the final selection (true for army less for other services).
It is not written anywhere that you need EQ and IQ, but EQ is what takes you to build teams, relations. IQ is the engine but at any point you demonstrate you have the later in spades, you start becoming arrogant or frustrated depending upon the circumstances.

It's not a failsafe evaluation I got through but I had to decide to leave, a friend got through competed PMA got sword of honor but during Musharraf era got so frustrated that resigned at the post of Major and left for UK.

Nutshell is, it is a well established and well oiled machinery either you fit in or you don't. I didn't fit in and the machine had nothing to do with it, I was just not fit for it. I have no regrets or ill feelings, and still have lots and lots of respect (despite misgivings about certain flag officers) for the men and ladies in uniform.
Still got the experience that what matters.

Back
Top Bottom