What's new

5 common myths about Islam Propagated by Media

Funny how Islam is claimed to be perfect, but its followers are killing each other by the thousands in the most gruesome ways imaginable.

It is humans, killing other humans by the hundreds of thousands every year and in the most gruesome ways imaginable. How can followers of Islam kill other followers of Islam in gruesome ways? Can a wolf in sheep skin become a sheep?

I haven't read all but author himself doesn't know anything about Islam, Punishment for adultery is clearly mentioned in Quran which is 100 lashes.

Is it the same for adultery as that of someone who indulges in sex but is not married himself/herself?

You didn't have to quote Hassan Nisar on the "bullsh!t" part. My late grandad used that expletive on a daily basis and he's been cremated some 20 years now :D

Wtf are poppies and how does it affect Islam ? :undecided:

I am giving you an example of the biasness of the media. About 80 or so extremists in London burned Poppies ( Poppies are used every to commemorate the British soldiers who fought in WW1 etc), the whole world media splashed headlines stating, "Muslim burn poppies". Few months later, a campaign which I was a part of, had 5000 muslims selling poppies for charity and in remembrance for the sacrifices of those soldiers. Do you know how many of the same world media covered the event? Not even a dozen.

You are giving covert support to brain stealing zombies from ganges. You must wear a badge 24/7 saying you have nothing to do with zombies. You must also write letters to every single one of their victims apologising for someone else's actions. I also want to see 5 billion rallying against these zombies.
ok i will take your advice but if you love islam so much than why do you hate to take responsibilties of it's followers. Just leave the religion and forget about it, nobody will question you then.

There is a difference in prescribed punishments for married and unmarried adulterers, I think.

Precisely. 100 lashes for the unmarried and stoning for the married. Plus, before any punishment is awarded, there are certain conditions:

1. Atleast 2 adult males or 4 adult females witnesses to the actual act of penetration (which is very hard to observe unless the purpose of sex is to flaunt and show)
2. A case brought to the attention of a Qazi (Judge)
3. Determination of consent, only consenting party is/are punished.

ok i will take your advice but if you love islam so much than why do you hate to take responsibilties of it's followers. Just leave the religion and forget about it, nobody will question you then.

That's a pretty dodgy line of reasoning. I am a Muslim, a proud one at that. I choose to be a Muslim. Just like you choose you to be whatever.
I'm not going to take the responsibility for someone else actions, period. I am following the same Book a them, the same source of material, yet I do not see how they can do the things they do. Why should I leave a religion that I have no problem with, I
agree with every part of it.

I do not mind being questioned, I just don't like lazy people who let the media or their inner biases form opinions of 1.5 billion individuals who are as different from each other as 2 billion Christians are.

Islam scare us and is a unknown. how do we know Islam it isn't a Trojan horse to overthrown us :butcher: you can never get a straight answer from a Imam on controversial questions.

You can never get a straight answer from me on particle physics, does that imply that there is something wrong with particle physics, that it does not exist or that I lack knowledge on the subject?

there are more than 50 islamic nations and most of them have power to destory any kind of extremist element but they have done nothing till yet.

So the 50,000 Pakistanis that died are nothing? The thousands of Brave eyptian army and police personal sacrificing their lives against religious fascists are nothing? What is your definition of doing nothing?

A few individuals? Hundreds of thousands of deaths, millions displaced, and many countries in civil war. A few individuals? Nope.

A few thousand then? A few hundred thousand? It literally cannot be more then that. Now compare that to 1.6 Billion and tell us how insignificant that number really is.

Islam is just the most violent & backward Religion of our time. By stating this, "the media" reports nothing else but the truth.

You are alive, aren't you? It is proof enough that you are incorrect. Otherwise the 1.6 Billion followers of Islam would have turned the world inside out by now.

1. Islam is perfect.
2. People/media is/are portraying Islam in a negative light.
3. Islamic State is not....Islamic.
4. Followers of Islam are not ... following Islam.

These are the conclusions so far.

Note: I am neither pro nor against the motion.

I am giving you an example of the biasness of the media. About 80 or so extremists in London burned Poppies ( Poppies are used every to commemorate the British soldiers who fought in WW1 etc), the whole world media splashed headlines stating, "Muslim burn poppies". Few months later, a campaign which I was a part of, had 5000 muslims selling poppies for charity and in remembrance for the sacrifices of those soldiers. Do you know how many of the same world media covered the event? Not even a dozen.

Well, anybody who turns to the media for reality are fools.

My neighbor in Delhi is a Muslim. His family and ours go back ages and I practically grew up in his house. My sister in law is a Muslim. So is my cousin's husband. They all confess to one thing namely, that the extremist Muslims are way too vocal whilst the moderates are way too silent. They speak from their personal experiences. The irony is that they all do not follow the same sect of Islam with some of them being Sunni or Shia or whatever.

I am told that this applies particularly to the Mullah bunch who brazenly claim to represent Islam and be the mouthpieces of Islam. When the moderates protest, they are told to shut up or put up. The splintering of Islam hasn't helped any in this regards. Different sects from the extreme to the moderate are now labeling each other kaffir. In another thread I mentioned that Islam currently is similar to Christianity of the 1600s. Breakaway groups who either disagree with the strict or moderate interpretations of the Quran and Hadiths are starting to fight each other violently. Politics play a huge part in it as is evident from Syria and Iraq but that was a similar scenario to the Christianity of 1600s in Europe. The point being that the author of the thread article mentions essentially that these assumptions "are not Islam". Then again, he fails to point out that there is no one Islam. Following Islam and being a Muslim is no longer simple. There is no one Ummah any longer. The sooner that Muslims realize this, the sooner they may be able to reform Islam to meet the requirements of the 21st century

I want to know why Pakistanis revere Mahmud Ghaznavi and feel so proud about the looting and destruction of Somnath Temple. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's a pretty dodgy line of reasoning. I am a Muslim, a proud one at that. I choose to be a Muslim. Just like you choose you to be whatever.
I'm not going to take the responsibility for someone else actions, period. I am following the same Book a them, the same source of material, yet I do not see how they can do the things they do. Why should I leave a religion that I have no problem with, I
agree with every part of it.

I do not mind being questioned, I just don't like lazy people who let the media or their inner biases form opinions of 1.5 billion individuals who are as different from each other as 2 billion Christians are.
i am an individual and i don't associate myself with symbolic identities to bear the burden of someone else's wrong doings. I have only one question, Is calling yourself muslim is important than being like a one or what about following quran without saying that i follow it?
Muslims associate themselves with global ummah and a group rather practising the actual faith. If you are following certain code of conduct than just follow it, there is no point in specifying that i am a muslim and i follow quran and if you find it hard to understand than i give you one example what if i follow a book name harry potter which is line by line copy of quran and i follow it by heart but still i don't call myself muslim and i don't associate myself with global ummah. Will that give me jannah??

Well, anybody who turns to the media for reality are fools.

My neighbor in Delhi is a Muslim. His family and ours go back ages and I practically grew up in his house. My sister in law is a Muslim. So is my cousin's husband. They all confess to one thing namely, that the extremist Muslims are way too vocal whilst the moderates are way too silent. They speak from their personal experiences. The irony is that they all do not follow the same sect of Islam with some of them being Sunni or Shia or whatever.

I am told that this applies particularly to the Mullah bunch who brazenly claim to represent Islam and be the mouthpieces of Islam. When the moderates protest, they are told to shut up or put up. The splintering of Islam hasn't helped any in this regards. Different sects from the extreme to the moderate are now labeling each other kaffir. In another thread I mentioned that Islam currently is similar to Christianity of the 1600s. Breakaway groups who either disagree with the strict or moderate interpretations of the Quran and Hadiths are starting to fight each other violently. Politics play a huge part in it as is evident from Syria and Iraq but that was a similar scenario to the Christianity of 1600s in Europe. The point being that the author of the thread article mentions essentially that these assumptions "are not Islam". Then again, he fails to point out that there is no one Islam. Following Islam and being a Muslim is no longer simple. There is no one Ummah any longer. The sooner that Muslims realize this, the sooner they may be able to reform Islam to meet the requirements of the 21st century
Guess why?

The answer is both simple and pure 'genius' - a very strong sentence for apostasy. Even those who are critical about certain aspects will never speak out in unison on fundamental issues because of the fear of being declared an apostate.

^Not my words. Google Majid Nawaz.

reform Islam to meet the requirements of the 21st century
THAT is blasphemy. This is something basic. There is a new movement in India (New Age Islam), but unfortunately all Muslim organizations have declared them Khariji.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom