What's new

60 Taliban of Fazlullah group surrender

s90

Reaction score

MINGORA: Sixty militants, a Taliban commander among them, surrendered themselves to security forces at the Kanju airport in Swat valley on Thursday.

Colonel Akhtar, a spokesman for the Swat media centre, said that Akbar Zada, the Taliban commander of Koza Bandai in Matta tehsil, was among the 60 insurgents who surrendered at the airport. (News agencies identified the commander as Khurshid Khan).

Akbar Zada is said to be closely related to hard-line cleric and chief of Swat Taliban Maulana Fazlullah.

An army spokesman said the arrested militants would face cases filed against them by local people.

these were arrested earlier ..yesterday army handed them over to civil authorities

Government should treat them well to set example for others who wanted to surrender.

Good News

Government should treat them well to set example for others who wanted to surrender.

Good News

True but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be punished for putting the lives of many of their fellow citizens at risk.

If we punish them right now I think others who might be thinking to surrender would then fight till death.

What I think if an amnesty is announced for all taliban fighters except their leaders who are on the wanted list then dozens of them will surrender and there leaders will be left alone.

2 militants killed, 60 surrender to Pak army in NWFP

SLAMABAD: A Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan commander and 60 militants surrendered to the security forces while two rebels were killed in search and
clearance operations in troubled Malakand division in the NWFP, the military said on Thursday.

Troops also captured eight suspects during the operations in Swat and other parts of Malakand, the military said in a statement. Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan commander Khurshid, described as a close ally of local Taliban chief Fazlullah, surrendered with 60 rebels to officials in Saidu Sharif, a key town in Swat.

Two militants were killed by troops during a search operation at Kukarai in Swat. Security forces apprehended five Afghan nationals in Charbagh, a former Taliban stronghold, while three suspects were captured during routine checking at Rashagatta.

Troops destroyed a militant training camp and discovered a 20-foot-long cave made by the rebels in the Dir area, which too is part of Malakand division.

The security forces are conducting search and clearance operations in Malakand amidst the return of thousands of people displaced by the operations against the Taliban over the past three months.

I agree...For now they should not be punished.Punish them when majority of talibans have either surrendered or dead.

please set them release because they were not educated enough like us to understand the difference between terrorism and islam

But wait, I thought Asma Jehangir had told us that captured talibans were being shot dead. So why would they surrender?

Possibly because Asma Jehangir is a liar or ignorant at best?

Good News

There treatment lies in the hands of Rehman Malik.
Normally we set the terrorists free but this time we will punish them because they were not suppose to surrender...! :hitwall:

Why in heavns name they are handed over to corrupt police?

Kill the bastards i say !!

No way
If we start killing them when they surrender. so Taliban will fight hard battles because its death any way if Taliban surrender or not so Taliban say why not die fighting.

Back
Top Bottom