What's new

72 year old Jay Leno survives another car incident

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

REVEALED: Jay Leno, 72, suffered serious burns to his face after 'steam car' erupted into flames in his luxury LA garage​

• The former Tonight Show presenter was in his Los Angeles garage when one of his cars 'erupted into flames without warning'
  • An employee for the comedian confirmed to one outlet Monday that it was one of Leno's steam cars that erupted and sent him to the hospital
  • Leno - whose eye and ear was not affected in the blaze - has been taken to the burn ward at Grossman Burn Center
  • The star missed an appearance at a financial conference in Las Vegas on Sunday, and will take a 'week or two' to get back on his feet
  • A statement from the event organizers read: 'His family was not able to provide us very many details, but there was a very serious medical emergency that is preventing Jay from traveling

previous dance with danger by "the old man"

Glad he's okay, he has a really sick car collection. In particular, the Buick Grand National GNX

Thankfully, that chin can soak up damage like nothing else. :lol:

I don't care. And may his collection of personal cars burn up.
I am curious, what is your current mode of transportation?
I know you oppose personal motor vehicles and the mass transit is hell in 3rd world countries, so how do you get around?

Autorickshaw. :)
It's not optimal for anything other than short routes but I guess it's the most readily available option.

I am also all for mass transit, but for another reason which is protecting the environment.
Don't agree with total ban of personal vehicles. Instead, govt.s should work towards affordable and efficient mass transit and personal vehicles should be treated more like luxury items, heavily taxed (carbon tax etc). The proceeds goes towards improving and maintaining infrastructure for the mass transit programs etc.

It's not optimal for anything other than short routes but I guess it's the most readily available option.

Well, by meter one-way, depending on the distance I usually travel to it can cost from 70 rupees to 220. And sometimes the drivers ask for 20 rupees more but this is reasonable. Twice recently I took rickshaws for to-and-back trip - the first time cost me 600 rupees and the second 750 and the drivers waited while I did my work.

I am also all for mass transit, but for another reason which is protecting the environment.

That's a fantastic reason. Everyone should have this idea and it is included in this thread of mine from 2021.

Don't agree with total ban of personal vehicles. Instead, govt.s should work towards affordable and efficient mass transit and personal vehicles should be treated more like luxury items, heavily taxed (carbon tax etc). The proceeds goes towards improving and maintaining infrastructure for the mass transit programs etc.

I disagree :) and I provide the reasonings in discussions in the above thread. Please read and participate there. I am going out now so I will read your replies later. :)

REVEALED: Jay Leno, 72, suffered serious burns to his face after 'steam car' erupted into flames in his luxury LA garage​

• The former Tonight Show presenter was in his Los Angeles garage when one of his cars 'erupted into flames without warning'
  • An employee for the comedian confirmed to one outlet Monday that it was one of Leno's steam cars that erupted and sent him to the hospital
  • Leno - whose eye and ear was not affected in the blaze - has been taken to the burn ward at Grossman Burn Center
  • The star missed an appearance at a financial conference in Las Vegas on Sunday, and will take a 'week or two' to get back on his feet
  • A statement from the event organizers read: 'His family was not able to provide us very many details, but there was a very serious medical emergency that is preventing Jay from traveling

previous dance with danger by "the old man"

Big fan of Jay Leno. I love watching his car show.

Glad he's okay, he has a really sick car collection. In particular, the Buick Grand National GNX

So the Buick Grand Nationals were really fast cars at the dragstrip when I used to go..however since they weren't low slung they'd sail off the ground like a frisbee very easily.

Last edited:
Bitter little jealous shit bhikari

LOL, why should I be jealous of someone with nothing more than a collection of personal cars ? I don't know much of his beliefs and personal conduct other than his one interview on the streets asking Americans about geography and one or two of his hostings but he might be a nice person.

So the Buick Grand Nationals were really fast cars at the dragstrip when I used to go..however since they weren't low slung they'd sail off the ground like a frisbee very easily.

Well I'm still incredibly fascinated by the fact that even the mighty Corvette was no match for the Buick Grand National GNX in 0 to 60 and the quarter mile.

Well I'm still incredibly fascinated by the fact that even the mighty Corvette was no match for the Buick Grand National GNX in 0 to 60 and the quarter mile.

Only until the first turn. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom