What's new

A CENTURY OF U.S. MILITARY INTERVENTIONS

And lost most of them.

Lol, we took land....ever heard of Byzantium? Your whole country is stolen...and any thing of worth was already there. (am agreeing with quoted post....)

its the first time in my life ive bloody seen an empire live 623 years by losing most of its wars , Unbeliavable . Unless you meant towards the end of the empire.

Sorry, Ottoman...I actually admire Turks...should not have fed the troll..again..sorry.

How can we lose most wars and carry on for 623 years and even ending up with more land than we started is unbeliavable , considering ottomans started in 1299 with a mini land and ended up in 1922 with a bigger land is still shows its success. Look at britian now , their empire lasted like 250 years and today they are ended up the same except with a few islands and also scotland independence maybe soon.

HAHAHA its the first time in my life ive bloody seen an empire live 623 years by losing most of its wars , WOW just wow .
Only those since the 1700's...before that they were a powerful force. The Ottoman Empire was mainly preserved in that period because no other power wanted any other power to snap up the scraps (they all felt it was best that the Empire was preserved). Any ways...my father knew some Turk soldiers in Korea...said they were not to be trifled with. (if the Sultans had not had the Jannisaries oppose every attempt at military reform...it might have been different)

*sniffle* But yeah...when we say we're gonna bring the hurt...we back it up.:police:

You're right many Americans are feeling the "hurt" in the US, with high unemployment, a reduction in the average family income, and other declines in various social and economic indicators really has brought the hurt to many American families.

Hey...thanks for the heads up on the US...as I wouldn't know...I only live here. Traveled alot....have never seen any where doing better. (Germany was close)

You have no right to talk about genocide considering you and your government refuse to acknowledge your deliberate and government supported massacre of the Armenian people despite the overwhelming availability of evidence. Your country has the dubious distinction of making the first genocide of the 20th century, your government was systematic in its killing, making a fairly efficient system that inspired Hitler in his own doings.

The forgotten Holocaust: The Armenian massacre that inspired Hitler | Mail Online

Your government has further added insult to injury by a century long and absolutely disgusting abrogation of responsibility towards at least acknowledging that the massacre happened and making amends, not even an apology.

Once again you have no right to talk about genocide, you ignorant savage. Educate yourself on your country's past.

:D There isn't one offical document that supports Armenian Genocide as you claim and that ''inspired Hitler'' thing is a proven propganda tool. So fail post.

Only those since the 1700's...before that they were a powerful force. The Ottoman Empire was mainly preserved in that period because no other power wanted any other power to snap up the scraps (they all felt it was best that the Empire was preserved). Any ways...my father knew some Turk soldiers in Korea...said they were not to be trifled with.

Nope i can see you read about Ottomans but i wouldnt say 1700s , because 1683 was the second siege of vienna when it was the first time ever we came on to the table on equal terms , shows the power even then , not to mention it was a combined force of christian nations against us and including mercaneries from many nations as well as the '' holy league '' poland lithanian commenwealth , Hungary etc.

Yes infact me aswell , we stopped the chinese like three times its size of us and stopped the americans getting circled.

After the battle of Kumyangjang-Ni, 25–26 January, in which the Turkish Brigade repulsed a Chinese force three times its size, President Harry Truman signed a Distinguished Unit Citation (now the Presidential Unit Citation) on 11 July 1951. The brigade was also awarded the Presidential Unit Citation from the President of Korea.

Battle of Wawon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"There is no one left who does not know that the Turks, our valuable allies, are hard warriors and that they have accomplished very great feats at the front." - Claude Pepper, U.S. Senator

"The Turks have shown in Kunuri a heroism worthy of their glorious history. The Turks have gained the admiration of the whole world through their glorious fighting in the battles." - Figaro

"The Turks who have been known throughout history by their courage and decency, have proved that they have kept these characteristics, in the war which the United Nations undertook in Korea." - Burner - U.S. Congressman

Turkish Brigade

I hope you guys in the US liked 9/11 there is going to be more to come. If you kill people all over the world sooner or later they are going to kill you.

OFF TOPIC ::

Do u know whats the best thing invented in browser its "Vertical Scroll Bar and Middle Mouse button". Thanks to these features I covered the whole article in 4 seconds otherwise it would have taken Life time to reach the comment section.

But it shows the Military engagements of US.

Also , not to mention in 1870s when we had the war with russians , we had the 3rd biggest navy and 3rd/4th biggest land forces , we were quite poor financially and had major uprisings support by the russians in many balkan countries especially christians , hurting us from inside did big harm , otherwise we was still a very major ( not the 5 great powers) in them times .

I hope you guys in the US liked 9/11 there is going to be more to come. If you kill people all over the world sooner or later they are going to kill you.

But Americans have a hard time understanding this concept. They don't understand how war works, they think war is a one-sided fight with US always on the offensive, just a single hit back on the US and many of them are baffled as to why someone would want to attack them. Of course not all Americans are this ignorant and naive, but we have tens of millions (easily more) of Americans as ignorant as this.

I know...the Ottomans would still get the occasional brilliant commander and give a shock to those who thought they were totally finished.

In 1875, during the reign of Sultan Abdülaziz, the Ottoman Navy had 21 battleships and 173 other types of warships, ranking as the third largest navy in the world after the British and French navies.

but our economy was going very bad which was a very big factor in our downfall.

In modern world ECONOMY IS A MUST , MUST , MUST to keep a strong military and everything going.

But Americans have a hard time understanding this concept. They don't understand how war works, they think war is a one-sided fight with US always on the offensive, just a single hit back on the US and many of them are baffled as to why someone would want to attack them. Of course not all Americans are this ignorant and naive, but we have tens of millions (easily more) of Americans as ignorant as this.
We know darned well how a fight works...of course your enemies try to attack you...and you do what you can to prevent it. Are you arguing that when attacked...we should play dead in fear of another? We don't work like that...those who would attack us would do well to remember that.

In 1875, during the reign of Sultan Abdülaziz, the Ottoman Navy had 21 battleships and 173 other types of warships, ranking as the third largest navy in the world after the British and French navies.

but our economy was going very bad which was a very big factor in our downfall.

In modern world ECONOMY IS A MUST , MUST , MUST to keep a strong military and everything going.
Very true...but any time a Sultan would try any sort of reforms...the conservative forces would replace him...that's why an occasional shake-up often does a country well.

White Americans are dumb humans by birth. That is why nearly all of the innovations in the US are done by Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian, etc). Then the whites claim that it's their superiority that make them so innovative.

Most Americans couldn't locate their own country on a map.

White Americans are dumb humans by birth. That is why nearly all of the innovations in the US are done by Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian, etc). Then the whites claim that it's their superiority that make them so innovative.

Most Americans couldn't locate their own country on a map.
A) I can draw a decent world map from memory...and have travelled to much of it (you ever been outside of China?)...so can all my friends. B) Name an "Asian" innovation we claim (Steam? Internal combustion engine? electronics? Flight? anything?) and yeah...our cities look more and more like copies of Asia...Lol!

Back
Top Bottom