What's new

A Crackdown on Islam Is Spreading Across China

Status
Not open for further replies.
The root of the problem is that in your mind China should follow the West.

You have to realise there's different system in the world, respect or not face it.
no, i'm not saying its a problem. I'M just analysing things and making an observation. I haven't criticised China or judged. Just an analysis of some facts. Its left for others to make their own judgement on what is bad or not. It's up tot eh Chinese to decide by themselves. We can just make analysis and observations(well for me). since we are on this forum to do just that.

no, i'm not saying its a problem. I'M just analysing things and making an observation. I haven't criticised China or judged. Just an analysis of some facts. Its left for others to make their own judgement on what is bad or not. It's up tot eh Chinese to decide by themselves. We can just make analysis and observations(well for me). since we are on this forum to do just that.

You can't understand China with a West mind, if you're interested in you can read some history books about China, find the difference between the China in the history and now. This will help you understand why and how China is a different system with others.

You can't understand China with a West mind, if you're interested in you can read some history books about China, find the difference between the China in the history and now. This will help you understand why and how China is a different system with others.
I do read alot(i have always love reading since i was a child). I have always been interested in world affairs. i read not jjust about China, but many other countries in Asia, Africa, Middle East, South America and Europe. Plus i like travelling alot as well(been to almost 50 different countries China included a few times) , since its not only enjoyable/interesting and relaxing but also helps to expand the mind/Broadens ones view and makes you learn alot without you even being aware.
Moreover just because someone is not originally or ethnically from a country doesn't means they cant understand that country or system. It's like saying an Indian or Pakistani cant understand Britain because they are not ethnically British. Wrong analogy.

Disgusting.
It's hypocritical of us to condemn oppression in Kashmir, Palestine & turn blind eye towards the plight of Muslims in China.

I do read alot(i have always love reading since i was a child). I have always been interested in world affairs. i read not jjust about China, but many other countries in Asia, Africa, Middle East, South America and Europe. Plus i like travelling alot as well(been to almost 50 different countries China included a few times) , since its not only enjoyable/interesting and relaxing but also helps to expand the mind/Broadens ones view and makes you learn alot without you even being aware.
Moreover just because someone is not originally or ethnically from a country doesn't means they cant understand that country or system. It's like saying an Indian or Pakistani cant understand Britain because they are not ethnically British. Wrong analogy.

You are mostly talking about CPC and communism, you don't know the history of China.

Its more than that. The issue here is that the CCP fears that religion interferes with their monopoly on power. You should know that the CCP(like most erstwhile communist regimes) have full and total control of the country, state institutions, justice system, media, government etc. As such the party publicly puts itself above the state itself. In short, if you don't love the party then you can't really be considered a patriot or might even be considered anti China, since to them the party is equal to China itself. So how can you love China if you don't love the party? That is also the dilemma. For example the police, security forces and military are all taught to be loyal to the party first and foremost then the country. In short even the military has to be loyal to the party and its top members are also members of the party as well. So even the military is linked to politics as well. So this also creates a situation where you have to show total loyalty to the party even as a military person.
So coming to the issue about the party and religion and Islam in particular, since that's what we are talking about. The main thing is that the party is right to be worried about religion(i'm looking at things from the party's view), since the way the party has been formed, it leaves no room for any possibility of a parallel organised mechanism or institution which might have some sort of power and control that isn't in the hands of the party. For example in Islam(like all Abrahamic religions) its believed that there is a higher power which is the ultimate power and as such members ought to be subordinate/subservient to the power and live and follow laws/rules of their religious scriptures and that only GOD is the highest /sole authority in their lives. This also clashes with the party beliefs/doctrine. Since the party should be the sole authority in Chinese peoples lives and total loyalty ought to be shown to the party not another 'higher power'. This is also why the CCP is still firmly separated from religion and it prohibits it's 90 million members from holding any spiritual beliefs whatsoever. Since the party is wary that believers can one day be following their god rather than their Party. People forget that Anti-religious, atheistic principles are part and parcel of the formation and foundation of the Communist party(every communist party in the world, not just China), going back to its very roots.
It is common knowledge that Marx proclaimed that “religion is the opiate of the masses.” Perhaps less well-known is that he expanded upon the idea. “Communism,” Marx wrote back then “begins from the outset with atheism.” So this is something people should understand. Its not like CCP just targets religions out of nowhere, its an ideological belief.
The people's daily summairsed it well in one of their articles: ''Superstition is thought pollution and spiritual anesthesia that cannot be underestimated and must be thoroughly purged.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ls-against-spiritual-anesthesia-idUSKBN1CH06O

So i think the problem here is that the root of the problem in international discussion with China on religious rights is not a legal one, nor a cultural one. It is an ideological one. How does one convince a ruling party whose own edict for itself is to officially renounce religion to protect and respect the rights of others who wish to practice it? especially when it goes against many of the communist party own principles/doctrine and even sole hold on power?

I think this analysis is very close to the fact.

Disgusting.
It's hypocritical of us to condemn oppression in Kashmir, Palestine & turn blind eye towards the plight of Muslims in China.
Disgusting, it hyprocritical for those China condemner turning blind to destruction of Muslim countries by US in Syria, Iraq and Libya while cheerleading under the leadership of US with so called protecting Muslim..

Maybe that is your point of view. How do you know i don't know about China's history?:meeting:

CPC and communism is a short period of time in China, you only know something on the surface.
CPC really changed China a lot, but the framework of China did not change.

CPC and communism is a short period of time in China, you only know something on the surface.
CPC really changed China a lot, but the framework of China did not change.
Huh.........i agree to some extent, i have said something similar on here before(even though there are some things i disagree with you on). Maybe you haven't red most of my comments about this before.
Anyway to each his own. As far as we both exchange views in a respectful manner without insults then its ok with me(we cant always agree with everyone i understand that). So far it's been quite a civil conversation we have had(something that's rare in PDF nowadays. :lol: ). So cheers to you.:tup:

Reactions: OIO
Chinese are atheists. They hates each and every religious group not just Muslims. They also targeted Christians and Buddhists on numerous occasions, even Dalai Lama had to flee China. But it doesn't suite your agenda, so yeah you won't highlight them, ever.
Sorry, my country first. Just how your kind fought your so called brothers with the help of you kaffir friends..

We know what western propaganda is, and they have full of "scholars and experts" like Gordon Chang.
Your on a complete different tangent. Do they not teach you proper discussion skills in China? But then again when you live in a communist country, you cant really discuss things can you?

Who is my kind? Who is my brother? Who is my kaffir friend? Please elaborate.
Your flag says Bangladesh

Your on a complete different tangent. Do they not teach you proper discussion skills in China? But then again when you live in a communist country, you cant really discuss things can you?

Your flag says Bangladesh
Yes I am from Bangladesh. I am a Buddhist and from the minority community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom