What's new

A 'Modi'-fication' of Indian politics

Some time people forget how indian democracy works..... its not like US..... If modi has to become a PM he need to have more than 273 seats in lower house..... even if he is able to get that majority with the help of coalition parties.... then he has to keep those small parties who almost veto all the decisions and those guys doesn't have anything to do with national interest... all they have in their mind is their regional politics and implications........ some time i feel funny the way people support (blindly) modi.... or Raga for that matter .....

LOL. What a condescending post :sick: ............shows your caliber.

Only high and mighty 'nair' has the vision, rest are "blind" supporters :lol: .......World class HUBRIS.

Sadly the competition is between the pro Gandhi's and proModi and there is very little to pick and choose and to top it up a lot of regional parties who dont mostly deserve a chair.

Maybe for the ignorant. For those who know facts, the choice is clear.

Farmers in Gujarat's Khoraj village strike gold - The Times of India

AHMEDABAD: Amid slowdown, it's raining money in this tiny hamlet, about 17km from auto-town Sanand. A village with a population of 6,000, Khoraj will be richer by Rs 1,200 crore this week.

The Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) has acquired 1,355 hectares of land from about 450 families in this village - out of the total 1,500 hectares it bought to expand its industrial estate near Sanand. GIDC has paid market price of around Rs 1,100 a sq m.

No wonder, lives of farmers like Kashiram Devipujak (60), father of four, in Khoraj village near Sanand are set for a complete makeover. Kashiram, who lives in a shanty and sells vegetables in neighboring villages, is planning to build a bungalow and buy a SUV.

Hundreds of families in Khoraj are expecting a windfall in lieu of their lands acquired for the expansion. Ghanshyam Chavda, the officer on special duty (OSD) of GIDC, said Rs 1,200 crore will be distributed to farmers in Khoraj, which has emerged the single largest beneficiary.

"Cheques worth Rs 200 crore were distributed about a fortnight ago while the rest will be given away in phases starting this week," Chavda said.

While the farmers know well that the windfall earned needs to be invested for future financial security, they are also looking at splurging some of the money they received. "I will get Rs 3.50 crore. Since both my daughters are married, I wish to build a big home for my two sons and buy them SUVs as well," says Kashiram.

School teacher Ramsinh Jadav (55), whose seven hectares of land in Khoraj has been acquired, will receive Rs 8 crore. "My son has a small car. I will buy him the latest model of a luxury sedan. Between my brothers, my family will get Rs 15 crore and we plan to buy land in other villages," said Jadav.

Village sarpanch Vilasben Jadav says most farmers have willingly sold land because of the good returns.

Only high and mighty 'nair' has the vision, rest are "blind" supporters :lol: .......World class HUBRIS.

LOL..... Hmm so tell me which side of those "blind"supporters you belong to? Ra GA? or Na Mo?

LOL..... Hmm so tell me which side of those "blind"supporters you belong to? Ra GA? or Na Mo?

LOL. When did you get your "vision" ? .......are you planning to bring other "Blind" Indians "Into the Light" ?

Clearly India has been waiting you to find "enlightened" and "Open their eyes".

Condescending prick.

.........one out of every three children in Gujarat is underweight leaves one wondering what lies beneath good governance and economic growth. Even Gujarat's Women and Development Minister has stated that at least 600,000 children in 14 districts are malnourished, while data for the remaining districts were "not available".

As on 31 March 2007, the figure for malnourished children in Gujarat was the highest in the country – at 70.69 percent, well above the national average of 50.1 percent.

But guess what happened by 2011? Gujarat is the most improved state with malnourishment down to 38.77 percent – the sharpest improvement in India. Not only that, Gujarat is now comfortably above the national average on malnourishment at 41.16 percent. Says the CAG report: “There was substantial decrease in the malnourished children in six states. Gujarat, from 71 to 39 percent

Read more at: Guess which state improved most in malnutrition? Gujarat | Firstpost

LOL. When did you get your "vision" ? .......are you planning to bring other "Blind" Indians "Into the Light" ?

Clearly India has been waiting you to find "enlightened" and "Open their eyes".

Condescending prick.

As on 31 March 2007, the figure for malnourished children in Gujarat was the highest in the country – at 70.69 percent, well above the national average of 50.1 percent.

But guess what happened by 2011? Gujarat is the most improved state with malnourishment down to 38.77 percent – the sharpest improvement in India. Not only that, Gujarat is now comfortably above the national average on malnourishment at 41.16 percent. Says the CAG report: “There was substantial decrease in the malnourished children in six states. Gujarat, from 71 to 39 percent

Read more at: Guess which state improved most in malnutrition? Gujarat | Firstpost

You answered my question with second part of your post.... Wish you all the best

I guess time has come that you look at your mirror and ask this.... Probably you will get an answer.... But i doubt...

LOL. So now not only are you "NOT BLIND", you are also "Smarter" than the rest of us :lol: ...... self aware too ?

Poor inferior people like me and the rest of India will just have to manage with our Blindness and occasional glance in the Mirror held up superior people like you or BBC. :cheesy:

Of course like you say, we might not be smart enough to decipher what we see. I guess we will always find you around to "tell us" that with your vision. a.k.a prophet Mohemmed. :P

Since this forum is cram full with Modi supporters i like to hear your opinion on this article.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/SOU-02-271113.html

You need the difference/opinion?

Here's one...

Congress has committed.planned/funded most number of communal riots in Independent India. But the so called sicuklar media, print media always points only at 2002 Gujarat riots.

Forget about the past, what about recent UP riots? Does any paper or media carry discussions on SP or their CM? never. In addition SP is termed to be a sicuklar party!

Pseudo secularists and sickular people are scared and pissing in their pants about NaMo rise.

NaMo is a no nonsense guy, he means business. He will not be pushed nor dictated terms like MMS.

I see no channel carrying debates on the way Sikhs were butchered by congress goons in 80's, is that not violation of Indian consitution?

Shame you maggots who keep bringing up the 2002 riopts issue again and again.

You guys, dont want anything except licking feet of sonia and rahul.

But if it is true that Modi during his 11 years reign in Gujarat has increase the debt there by almost thirty fold then that should be an issue of concern for the Indians.

#Christophe Jaffrelot's curiously selective economics....The Truth about Gujrat's Public Debt Hype.....Modi never increased the debt instead he brought it down significantly by 14%....

He isn't wrong of course. Gujarat’s outstanding liability as a percentage of GSDP is higher at 25.2% vs. the 24.13% average in all other states. What’s equally true though is that he is ham-handedly selective with his information. According to Planning Commission Data, Gujarat’s public debt was 38.78% of GSDP when Modi became Chief Minister in 2001-02. So contrary to his claims of Modi having ‘immersed’ Gujarat under debt, he has actually managed to bring down the public debt to GSDP ratio by 14%.
That in itself is credible. But what’s more admirable say experts, is the fact that this ratio has been brought down in tandem with an uptick in capital expenditure.

First off, high debt in itself isn’t a bad thing. Many good companies are highly leveraged because they borrow money to invest and create capital assets which contribute to higher revenues. Similarly, if the states are raising money, the utilization of that debt is being properly channelized and revenue is being generated because of higher growth, then it is not necessarily a bad thing. There is a tendency of the political class to use isolated indicators. But on the capital spending side Gujarat has actually done very well, which shows debt is going up in creating assets, and not being squandered away.

Gujarat is fully compliant on all FRBM norms and the high debt actually is a reflection of a progressive state that’s growing. One must also remember that Gujarat has a revenue surplus, so the debt is not being used to finance a revenue shortfall, but is being used for capital and social spending.
Gujarat’s aggregate capital disbursement to capital outlay ratio was over 80% according to FY14 budget estimates, much higher than the 68-70% average for all the states put together.

While the all India average debt liability of states might indeed be lower than Gujarat’s, guess which state has the highest per capita debt liability? It happens to be Congress-led Manipur. In fact, of the 19 Indian states with a high per capita debt ratio, only 4 are BJP led, while 7 are ruled by the Congress and its allies according to reports.

While at it, let’s also balance the sorry state of the central government finances against those of Gujarat.
The FRBM rules specified a reduction of fiscal deficit to 3% of the GDP by 2008-09. The center has long breached that level, with the deficit hovering around the 4.8% levels. Gujarat meanwhile has contained it at 2.57%, restricting the deficit at the 3% mark by 2011-12 itself.
#Numbers speak louder than claims, but in a bid to outshine shine one another our politicians seem to have made it a habit to err on the side of accuracy.

#lol looks like Digvijay Singh has got a handful of followers abroad too!!!!!:rofl:

Last edited:
no1 cares about riots rightnow both partis using 3rd class words for each other like khooni panja and laal kamal. i am living in gujrat and i can say that gujrat's 99.99% population is modi fan. he helped many business he also develop gujrat in vibrant stat but in saurastra religion (70000+ kms) we have 0 projectes u can say modi did nothing for us. but i am modi supporter atlas he will work better than khooni panja. that's my opinion.

I am also from saurastra where r u from

#Christophe Jaffrelot's curiously selective economics....The Truth about Gujrat's Public Debt Hype.....Modi never increased the debt instead he brought it down significantly by 14%....

#lol looks like Digvijay Singh has got a handful of followers abroad too!!!!!:rofl:
[/B]

Christophe Jaffrelot is not a congress supporter. His kind of Christian 'intellectuals' stand is more Anti-Hindu than pro congress.

He is only Anti Modi because Modi is pro-Hindu a.k.a Hindu Nationalist. If Modi abandon's Pro Hindu stand, christophe Jaffrelot of the world will be singing how great he is for India.

The blatant intellectual dishonesty in the article should be self explanatory, but since that obvious conclusion is not "secular" enough, we find it easier to obfuscate the real reasons. That way we can continue to live and believe all is right in this world and not worry too much.

The Muslim community in India has been turned into a political football. Some abuse them, others sympathize with them, but few are willing to work for their welfare and their rights.

Note that sentence about the debt again, and observe carefully how the author conceals more than he reveals, and leads people to the wrong conclusion (as he did with you) without saying anything wrong.

When he gives the debt figure for 2002, he does so in rupees as well as in dollars. When he gives the debt figure for 2013, he only gives the rupee figure and not the dollar figure, not mentioning that the rupee has fallen in value a lot since then. Also that Gujarat's (and India's) GDP has also grown dramatically in those years, which means that the debt to GDP ratio is probably not that different. It is debt to GDP that matters - which is why the USA's external debt is several times that of India's, but USA is still a much stronger economy, because their GDP is also several times higher.

Take into account how much the rupee has fallen in value, and how much the GDP has grown, and then look at the debt figures again. The author is very educated, and therefore knows how to blinker people into believing what he wants them to believe, by quoting statistics selectively.

Not this time, I don't think so. I mean, regional parties will have a lot of seats in the LS this time. UP, TN, Bihar, Odissa, WB and a lot of other states are going to send non BJP non congress fellows into parliament. It will be about one coalition v/s another, not about Gandhi family v/s Modi, or even congress v/s BJP. We are still living in the age of coalitions.
Thats exactly what I said about the regional parties, the difference being that the most popular faces being Gandhi and Modi.

Maybe for the ignorant. For those who know facts, the choice is clear.

Farmers in Gujarat's Khoraj village strike gold - The Times of India

AHMEDABAD: Amid slowdown, it's raining money in this tiny hamlet, about 17km from auto-town Sanand. A village with a population of 6,000, Khoraj will be richer by Rs 1,200 crore this week.

The Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) has acquired 1,355 hectares of land from about 450 families in this village - out of the total 1,500 hectares it bought to expand its industrial estate near Sanand. GIDC has paid market price of around Rs 1,100 a sq m.

No wonder, lives of farmers like Kashiram Devipujak (60), father of four, in Khoraj village near Sanand are set for a complete makeover. Kashiram, who lives in a shanty and sells vegetables in neighboring villages, is planning to build a bungalow and buy a SUV.

Hundreds of families in Khoraj are expecting a windfall in lieu of their lands acquired for the expansion. Ghanshyam Chavda, the officer on special duty (OSD) of GIDC, said Rs 1,200 crore will be distributed to farmers in Khoraj, which has emerged the single largest beneficiary.

"Cheques worth Rs 200 crore were distributed about a fortnight ago while the rest will be given away in phases starting this week," Chavda said.

While the farmers know well that the windfall earned needs to be invested for future financial security, they are also looking at splurging some of the money they received. "I will get Rs 3.50 crore. Since both my daughters are married, I wish to build a big home for my two sons and buy them SUVs as well," says Kashiram.

School teacher Ramsinh Jadav (55), whose seven hectares of land in Khoraj has been acquired, will receive Rs 8 crore. "My son has a small car. I will buy him the latest model of a luxury sedan. Between my brothers, my family will get Rs 15 crore and we plan to buy land in other villages," said Jadav.

Village sarpanch Vilasben Jadav says most farmers have willingly sold land because of the good returns.
Mate, I am going o vote for Modi but ot because I am a fan but hoping that he would do his job.

Last edited:
The Muslim community in India has been turned into a political football. Some abuse them, others sympathize with them, but few are willing to work for their welfare and their rights.

The muslim community in India has chosen to become football, instead of integrating with the rest of India.

I see no reason to grant them special status or for providing them with any additional welfare. They have as much right over resources as any other Indian. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mate, I am going o vote for Modi but ot because I am a fan but hoping that he would do his job.

That is no reason to vote for Modi.

Even the congress has done its job.

Govt. job is to provide governance. Good or Bad is irrelevant. There is nothing in the constitution that ask the govt. of the day to provide Great governance or even good governance.

So then why vote for Modi ? Might as well vote for congress.

Back
Top Bottom