What's new

A new realism - A must read for Pakistanis

A shift is required from the distinctive security conscious mindset propagated by the military that has uncritically continued the idiom of the foreign policy debates of the past. The focus should be on strengthening democratic institutions that can ensure civilian control of national policies.

The central tenet of the army's foreign policy is Kashmir. Everything hinges on it.

Does the Pak Army really want the Kashmir issue to be solved? NO! Because if it ever is, then what would be the fate of the PA/ISI? What would be their raison d'etre? They owe their very existence to their enmity with India. They would lose their exalted status in Pakistan society and the enormous power they wield in government and be relegated to the background. Defence budgets would be slashed and new gizmos would be hard to come by. Now, who wants to lose power and pelf?

Therefore, this proxy war against India by Pakistan will continue till the cows come home. The 'good' terrorists being their 'strategic assets' will keep coming and getting killed by the dozens. This tactic hurts not the PA but the poor mercenary sods being sent across the borders as cannon fodder, while Hafiz Saeed rants and raves against the infidels!

So if anyone thinks that the PA will hand over the reins of Pakistan's foreign policy to the elected government is barking up the wrong tree. That's never going to happen seeing that this has been the norm since the days of Ayub Khan. It's too deeply engrained within the system. And thus, change is not an option. We as neighbors, got to live with this reality.

Last edited:
Your cordial relationship with Afghanistan has one and only one aim, harm Pakistan and get benefit for yourself. Otherwise you have nothing in common with Afghans at all forget it. When they were getting invaded by Russia you were not there to support them or look after their refugees, and when they were going to be invaded again by US and company you most happily willing to offer your bases and that was the reason Pakistan had to offer he bases.

Don't pretend please.

Delusional Paranoia...

Israel is a wrong example to emulate, we are doing a much better job with our neighborhood.
Thats what I meant, titanic like fate is inevitable if don't emulate Israel.
Or
We bring a better government in Pakistan which is pro-India. Is that a possibility?
I don't see a third option here.

Oh puhleeeeze man. Now you are going to get sanctimonious with an Indian for his country paying you back in the same coin?

Then why the heck make a fuss about a boat han? And that too of your own false flags. If you want to play this game then play it like men, why whine like women when its your turn to get the pay back? Get off your higher horse and face the facts.

We do not have to "have anything in common" with a neighbor to be a good neighbor. We have as much in common with the Afghans as your Punjabi and Sindhis do. And we do not occupy Afghan land or have a border dispute with the Afghans as you do.

Where were you when they were dying? Making movies to make fun of them? The only thing common between them and you is likes of Kuttazai a back stabber that is what you two share rest I bet you go with me to Afghanistan and see it for yourself they prefer you or me.

We have as much in common with the Afghans as we have with Sri Lankans or Bhutanese or the Burmese people. All civilizational neighbors for millenia.

Nothing common. You are a bully and always have been to all of them including us.

Just because you suddenly make a separate and different country between us and a millenial long neighbor, does not make him any less of a neighbor.
Please get off the high horse of sanctimonious indignation here.

And we will peel you like An orange make pieces of it and your dream of influence in Afghanistan will die with those pieces. We will make sure your cultural center get fully paid back in Afghanistan in the same currency you have been using for your transactions

Thats what I meant, titanic like fate is inevitable if don't emulate Israel.
Or
We bring a better government in Pakistan which is pro-India. Is that a possibility?
I don't see a third option here.

Pro India Govt in Pakistan is an oxymoron.

Options exist and are being worked on I am sure, will take time but slowly & surely..

And we will peel you like An orange make pieces of it and your dream of influence in Afghanistan will die with those pieces. We will make sure your cultural center get fully paid back in Afghanistan in the same currency you have been using for your tr
When are you going to grow up?

Sorry we eat roti not grass. Bulls and sheep eat grass and we eat them .... We have no issue with India other than Kashmir ....

And India is soooo nice to you as it says "we don't have any issue with you" :-). We took Kashmir to UN and it's our problem they say.

Back
Top Bottom