What's new

A report on the Egyptian deal that caused strained relations between Germany and Israel after the “Type Mode 209/1400” submarine deal

I never understood how Arabs think they won the Yom Kippur war. I've talked with various Egyptians and other Arabs through the years and they all insisted they won that war.

I stopped trying to debate them.
theres multiple threads on this website that explains it. And a handful of those threads our zionist freind here was proven wrong and resorted to insults instead

They can't cope with the loss, it hurts their ego
I remember talking with Egyptians on Facebook,I told them about the Egyptian Third Army being surrounded and that Israelis passed the Suez and went inside Egypt.

No,we took the Sinai back,they insisted.

I said yes,you took it back after you recognized Israel. And Sadat paid for it with his life.

No,you are wrong,there are books about it. Read books and don't listen to propaganda. They kept insisting on some books.

I never understood how Arabs think they won the Yom Kippur war. I've talked with various Egyptians and other Arabs through the years and they all insisted they won that war.

I stopped trying to debate them.
Because both are claiming victory. Exactly the same thing when you tell to israelis that they lost 2006 war against Lebanon but still they will deny because of their ego and to think that they are invincible country. Egypt achieved all her goals during this war.
I remember talking with Egyptians on Facebook,I told them about the Egyptian Third Army being surrounded and that Israelis passed the Suez and went inside Egypt.
The russian army was 25km from Kiev and surrounded the city but still they lost this battle.

Because both are claiming victory. Exactly the same thing when you tell to israelis that they lost 2006 war against Lebanon but still they will deny because of their ego and to think that they are invincible country. Egypt achieved all her goals during this war.

The russian army was 25km from Kiev and surrounded the city but still they lost this battle.
But the thing is...the Egyptian army was eventually repulsed,surrounded and the Israelis went inside Egypt.

The Syrians were kicked out of the Golan Heights and the Israelis were inside Syria.

How is that a victory? Not even half of the Sinai was captured,Israel still stood and the Golan Heights were not retaken.

Basically all the Arab objectives had failed by the end of the war.

It's just that Sadat had a deal with the Israelis after the war and that's how he got the Sinai back. Strategically,it was a brilliant operation for the Egyptian Armed Forces,a reminder that they can win if they train a lot,have great strategy and determination. But eventually,the IDF won again.

Ok they went inside of Egypt (the african side) but they lost every battles in Egypt. They couldn't control strategy cities like Ismailia and Suez. In Battle of Ismailia, the second army was defeated the Sharon's troops and in battle of Suez, they lost by some civilians and the THIRD ARMY. You know that the last martyr of this war was in 14 january 1974 and he was in the THIRD Army hahaha. Surrounding doesn't mean lost. Second, the troops of Ariel Sharon Adan were so small they couldn't control those areas with reinforcements from Sinai.

Watch those videos.

Ok they went inside of Egypt (the african side) but they lost every battles in Egypt. They couldn't control strategy cities like Ismailia and Suez. In Battle of Ismailia, the second army was defeated the Sharon's troops and in battle of Suez, they lost by some civilians and the THIRD ARMY. You know that the last martyr of this war was in 14 january 1974 and he was in the THIRD Army hahaha. Surrounding doesn't mean lost. Second, the troops of Ariel Sharon Adan were so small they couldn't control those areas with reinforcements from Sinai.

Watch those videos.
But man,what did Egypt and Syria achieve at the end of the war? And I'm not talking about recognizing Israel to get the Sinai back.

How is that a victory? Not even half of the Sinai was captured,Israel still stood and the Golan Heights were not retaken.
Let's be sure in the Syrian front, the IDF fucked the Syrians but in the Egyptian front not at all. Sadat never intended to control Sinai in a war because with war and peace. All that because Egypt didn't have long range SAM but only short/medium range SAM (SA-2-3-6). THAT's why the Egyptian forces stopped 25km inside of Sinai.

Objective of Egypt:
- regain honor from 6 days war
- to destroy Bar Lev line
- to create an international crisis between majors players (URSS and USA)
- to inflict a lot of casuelties to the IDF
- to create a chaos in Israel (attacking during yom kippur so taking time to remobilize the reservist)
- to have Sinai by talks
- to reopen Suez Canal again

and that Egypt has done it hahahaha
But man,what did Egypt and Syria achieve at the end of the war? And I'm not talking about recognizing Israel to get the Sinai back.
Did you know that Sadat offered to recognize Israel and to exchange Sinai even before the war but Golda Meir Moshe Dayan refused. So Sadat was already to negotiate so your argument isn't valid.

Why did Moshe Dayan and Golda Meir resigned from their position. Why did Israel even make Agranat Commission if they won the war.

- regain honor from 6 days war
- to destroy Bar Lev line
- to create an international crisis between majors players (URSS and USA)
- to inflict a lot of casuelties to the IDF
- to create a chaos in Israel (attacking during yom kippur so taking time to remobilize the reservist)
- to have Sinai by talks
- to reopen Suez Canal again
Bro,the Egyptian army proved to the whole world that they can pose a threat to Israel,there is no doubt in that.

But half the objectives are silly. I mean...in the end you ended up pushed and surrounded and only holding a narrow strip of land in the Sinai. Besides,the Syrians thought you would be going all the way up and you left them fighting alone for some time 😂

Anyway,we won't agree on this. For sure,the Egyptian Armed Forces proved they can cause trouble to Israel when they want,but the if the IDF can retaliate after the initial shock to the point of reaching Ismailya or regaining air superiority,what's the point of calling it a victory.

Anyway,let's forget this.

Our government too is interested in IRIS-T SLX

But the thing is...the Egyptian army was eventually repulsed,surrounded and the Israelis went inside Egypt.

The Syrians were kicked out of the Golan Heights and the Israelis were inside Syria.

Basically all the Arab objectives had failed by the end of the war.

It's just that Sadat had a deal with the Israelis after the war and that's how he got the Sinai back. Strategically,it was a brilliant operation for the Egyptian Armed Forces,a reminder that they can win if they train a lot,have great strategy and determination. But eventually,the IDF won again.
your points are vague. THE 3rd army being surrounded was from the sharon elite armoured divisions who crossed the canal although being surrounded it held its combat integreity and wasnt as vulnrable as you think. Sharon himself was losing battles left and right on the outskirts of Ismailia and beyond and was forced to retreat after the humliation of suez. A gap with no victories or accomplishments. being surrounded yourself and calling it a victory? Losing almost all your tanks and calling it a victory? The objectives were hold a third of sinai and sue for peace as its called suicide to start a nuclear war or face america directly. And thats exactly what happened

Israel's version of victory is based on vague pushes with nothing accomplished other than good newspaper titles

But half the objectives are silly. I mean...in the end you ended up pushed and surrounded and only holding a narrow strip of land in the Sinai. Besides,the Syrians thought you would be going all the way up and you left them fighting alone for some time 😂
That's why we will never agree hahaha. Plus the objectives aren't silly. How pushed up? Ariel Sharon couldn't surround the second army and he lost all his battles inside Egypt (african side) and third army didn't return to the african side either hahaha. They stayed where they were. Like I said the last martyr of this war was in 14 jan 1974 he was in the third army and he was in the east of canal so in Sinai. Plus Ariel Sharon Adan Elazar were going to be surround also hahaha in the african side. They didn't have a lot of troops to control Egypt and there wasn't a lot of reinforcements.

Doz2ZhNW0AAZBQC

IDF soldiers holding Sadat photo hahaha

your points are vague. THE 3rd army being surrounded was from the sharon elite armoured divisions who crossed the canal although being surrounded it held its combat integreity and wasnt as vulnrable as you think. Sharon himself was losing battles left and right on the outskirts of Ismailia and beyond and was forced to retreat after the humliation of suez. A gap with no victories or accomplishments. being surrounded yourself and calling it a victory? Losing almost all your tanks and calling it a victory? The objectives were hold a third of sinai and sue for peace as its called suicide to start a nuclear war or face america directly. And thats exactly what happened
Ya akhy,how would you describe the entire Third Army getting captured?

Anyway,let's not fight about this. You had exceptional tactics and coordination in the first days and you used the new weapons efficiently. So much that the Israelis were shocked.

The problem with Arabs is that they deceived one another. Nasser had lied to King Hussain about the IDF aircraft on the radar as being Egyptian ones returning from a raid (in the 1967 War),then King Hussain warned the Israelis about the attack in 1973,the Egyptians showed fake battle-plans to the Syrians about the war,the Syrians had lied to the Egyptians about something too,if I remember correctly...then the Iraqis were calling the Syrians traitors because they agreed to a ceasefire when the Iraqi forces were engaged into battle...

Generally,this mistrust and scheming of Arab leaders caused them a lot of defeats throughout the 20th century.

israelis.jpg

Ya akhy,how would you describe the entire Third Army getting captured?

Anyway,let's not fight about this. You had exceptional tactics and coordination in the first days and you used the new weapons efficiently. So much that the Israelis were shocked.

The problem with Arabs is that they deceived one another. Nasser had lied to King Hussain about the IDF aircraft on the radar as being Egyptian ones returning from a raid (in the 1967 War),then King Hussain warned the Israelis about the attack in 1973,the Egyptians showed fake battle-plans to the Syrians about the war,the Syrians had lied to the Egyptians about something too,if I remember correctly...then the Iraqis were calling the Syrians traitors because they agreed to a ceasefire when the Iraqi forces were engaged into battle...

Generally,this mistrust and scheming of Arab leaders caused them a lot of defeats throughout the 20th century.

View attachment 854920
captured? Where the hell did you read that?

Because 2006 war wasn't against Lebanon it was against Hezbollah, Israel emerged tactically superior, achieved an ongoing peace for 16 years, killed 7 Hezbollah members for every Israeli casualty, caused Nasrallah to never leave his bunker ever since and even Nasrallah himself said that if he knew that would be the way Israel reacted he never would have started this war. Israel adjusted its army to counter each and every threat Hezbollah imposes (ATGMs - equipped its tanks and frontline troop carriers with Trophy, Iron Dome and soon Iron Beam against rockets and drones, new counter tunnel technologies which led to Israel destroying all Hezbollah tunnels in 2018, their supposed superweapon, Drone Dome, EW capabilities, precise artillery and missiles, thermal optics for every marksman, suicide drones and drones in general to the platoon level, new combined special forces units like Ghosts and reorganization of existing special forces groups, air force is now capable of delivering massive amounts of fire at once with Israeli air force casually flying 150+ jets simultaneously when it attacked Gaza etc etc) Israel is in a way better economical position than Lebanon, Hezbollah or their sponsor Iran, Lebanese political situation is as unstable as it gets, Hezbollah generally hasn't changed, same Kornet missiles, same rocket rocket threat. Only improvement is in the guided missile and drone category which Israel can deal with.

Yeah but Russian army had many times the losses of the Ukrainian army and had logistical problems, while in 1973 the opposite was true, Israel killed 15 Egyptians for every Israeli casualty and was about to multiply that number if the war kept going on because the whole Egyptian 3rd army was surrounded and had its logistics cut off.

Well,weren't thousands of Egyptian soldiers captured? :S
Yeah, 8,000, most of them from the 3rd army, but the whole 3rd army wasn't captured, it was encircled. It was about to be, that's why they ran to the USSR to stop the war.

Back
Top Bottom