What's new

ADA's AMCA Stealth Fighter: Some Canard?

WHAT the F do canards have to do with engine thrust ?

Canards are control surfaces, and that is that.

In India, the engine is placed on the canards. That canards do have an affect with Indian planes. Just not the ones outside of India.

Apparently your countrymen cant seem to appreciate their own aircraft without trashing another one in an almost genetic psychological need for appreciation through demeaning comparison.

They are just pointing out the fact that India made the right design choice and china got it wrong. Pakistanis will appreciate that feeling of pride in your own design when they actually do design something of their own.

As far as china copying other people' designs, that's something the whole world is saying, not an indian source. When a country makes it a habit of stealing technology as a matter of policy, then you can't blame others for being sceptical about their stealth plane "research"

They are just pointing out the fact that India made the right design choice and china got it wrong. Pakistanis will appreciate that feeling of pride in your own design when they actually do design something of their own.

As far as china copying other people' designs, that's something the whole world is saying, not an indian source. When a country makes it a habit of stealing technology as a matter of policy, then you can't blame others for being sceptical about their stealth plane "research"

What you are demonstrating is known is blocking a spectrum out of national pride and only affirming what I have said.
You are soo blinded in your effort to somehow maintain the idiotic stance of those countrymen of yours that you too are just finding conclusions.

Please.. how.. in what possible theory did China get it wrong when even the US pursued that design path for the JSF first..
the only logic I see.. is because its China.

The US , Soviets.. all over .. copied the heck out of stolen German design.. but to an ignoramus only China is visible.. only the maddening $hit storm coming out of the masses mouth will smell of roses.

There are no facts here.. just stinking cynical baseless demeaning skepticism.

What you are demonstrating is known is blocking a spectrum out of national pride and only affirming what I have said.
You are soo blinded in your effort to somehow maintain the idiotic stance of those countrymen of yours that you too are just finding conclusions.

Please.. how.. in what possible theory did China get it wrong when even the US pursued that design path for the JSF first..

The US , Soviets.. all over .. copied the heck out of stolen German design.. but to an ignoramus only China is visible.. only the maddening $hit storm coming out of the masses mouth will smell of roses.

I'm guessing he means as in for a fifth generation fighter it is better. Don't get me wrong the Chinese can produce high quality products but to maintain absolute stealth plane you don't want canards because it makes it less stealthy.

Oscar's post is what I have always been thinking about too. From where did the Americans and Russians get their designs? If you go comparing aircrafts almost each one has had some similarity from the days of the Kittyhawk.

First world war planes almost looked similar to each other (be they French / Brit / American / German / Italian or Russian).
Second world war planes almost looked similar to each other be they Japanese / Brit / American / Russian / German.
Post world war planes also looked similar to each other (esp. American/Russian ones) and they both copied from each other (though the admission comes reluctantly)

It is high time we Indians / Pakistanis / Chinese accepted that air craft designs have evolved from someone else's work and not all that work is a pioneering work. Yet, with each evolution of design , some improvements are made in contest and the final product comes out somewhat superior .

Well if amca have thrust vector engine than canards have less work to do, so no need of them. But i m surprised at what level they will able to reduce ir signature if it 3d tv will put, as in fgfa.
Canards will improve menourability n control surface but main drawback of that is increased drag which will reduce its supercruise etc.
Europi surely put them in their plane but we also need to see that they are able to make better aerodynamically pure fighter while drag is main concern here as we r far behind them. Even american plane r consider bad in aerodynamically compare to russian n western countreparts.

Sir, with due respect, Thief is the one who gets caught stealing not the one who steals. Chinese have been proven to be stealing IP across the world through institutionalized hacking.

Please don't take me for someone who gives a damn about Morality of the whole thing. On the contrary I believe everything is fair game. But the common people on the streets don't think like that. If you ask anyone on the streets in the West or East (and I can't say about Pakistan since people in your country are infatuated by China) you will see what perception people have regarding China and stealing. Its not something that can be brushed away lightly. At the end of the day its perceptions that forms opinion.

Regarding the line that US stole German designs. Do you forget that they were Victors of WW II? Can we really compare stealing with taking spoils of Victory in a war that was forced on them? I really can't. Secondly US has been attracting the best and the brightest across the world since World War II. There is a reason why they are at the pinnacle of Technology and the rest of the World is decades behind them. By using statements like "They stole German technology" you are belittling the hard work millions Americans have done for generations to get where they are today. No German technology of WW II has any relevance in 21st century.

Thank You.

Indian defense establishment thinks that the J-31 design was "hacked" from the F-35, Russians think its a very well done indigenous design. Grapes are sour indeed.

A crappy article, by an ex-military officer, but far away from beeing an official source, or describing what officials think, so hardly worth a discussion, just like the fact that the Chinese copy design and techs. They have to, by the lack of own credible R&D and in their situation India and Pakistan would do the same too.

Apparently your countrymen cant seem to appreciate their own aircraft without trashing another one in an almost genetic psychological need for appreciation through demeaning comparison.

Just like certain Pakistanis or Chinese constantly flame about Dhruv, LCA, LCH..., so it's more a human habit than a race related one.

The US , Soviets.. all over .. copied the heck out of stolen German design.. but to an ignoramus only China is visible..

Because there is a difference in beeing "similar" by design, or beeing a design copy and just because the Chinese now mix foreign designs in their aircrafts, doesn't mean they suddenly are new aircrafts with designs developed by China.
There will be a time, when China is on a level with Russia or even western countries in terms of R&D and own designs, but they clearly aren't yet.

Blame the original article posted by the OP. Check out how many words are spent about the Chinese, and how many words about the AMCA itself. It's a common weakness of most defence journalists in India, that they write an article about an Indian program, and spend more time writing about the Chinese.

It's a sad fact that people in the subcontinent can only form a sense of "self" by comparing oneself to others. Pakistanis compare their country or society or armed forces' capabilities WRT India, Indians constantly compare themselves with Pakistan or China. We get a sense of identity by who we are not - not by who we are.

This is called competition, Look like you forget world history..... The rivelary, ego, competition is always there in world.. :)

Can't this be said for the same people who do/did the same in irrespective manner? The thread was high jacked by the very people who suppose to look after it with off topic rants by becoming the Indian defense establishment.

=sancho;3965203]A crappy article, by an ex-military officer, but far away from beeing an official source, or describing what officials think, so hardly worth a discussion, just like the fact that the Chinese copy design and techs. They have to, by the lack of own credible R&D and in their situation India and Pakistan would do the same too.

Exactly, this article just talking about the design of 5th gen and mention Chinese development too. Since there is very less development in this field, it is natural to mention it. ( I think the article talk about most of the 5th gen designs!)

The OP is also your countryman.. same womb...same result.... exceptions are abound but they are drowned by the bellowing of fools.

Out of curacity OSCAR sir , Ajamal Kasab was your countryman , so by your opinion of same womb same result ...... are you a terrorist ???

Hurt... Doesn't it ??? I remember you closed one thread with the last line " pathetic people so as the land itself "

Out of curacity OSCAR sir , Ajamal Kasab was your countryman , so by your opinion of same womb same result ...... are you a terrorist ???

Hurt... Doesn't it ??? I remember you closed one thread with the last line " pathetic people so as the land itself "

Nope.. it doesnt.. because you took womb as a broader result..
its easy to focus on the negative.. without referring the other part of my post where I talk about the exceptions to the mentality.
So yes.. coming up with cheap defensive tag lines like Ajmal Kasab.. yea.. same womb..
Admitting that yes there is a level of nationalism involved in judging the aircraft.. exception.

This is called competition, Look like you forget world history..... The rivelary, ego, competition is always there in world.. :)

Rivalry , ego and competition need to be productive .. not destructive.

Nope.. it doesnt.. because you took womb as a broader result..
its easy to focus on the negative.. without referring the other part of my post where I talk about the exceptions to the mentality.
So yes.. coming up with cheap defensive tag lines like Ajmal Kasab.. yea.. same womb..
Admitting that yes there is a level of nationalism involved in judging the aircraft.. exception.

Not really; wasn't even talking about article let alone to defend it.

If you remember I referred to the thread about 3/4 months old. May be Nov 2012. Objective wasn't cheap shot and I do read your full post including the word "exception". Still don't like the generalising of the situation.

There are idiots in every country. No country is exception but blaming whole country or calling it pathetic for the deeds of few or a group is ..........

I think you get the point.

PS: I was expecting a infraction. But you surely showed a heart to take criticism. No personal insult was intended.

this is worse than the lca vs. j-10 articles that i've seen years go at least the lca is a real plane.. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom