What's new

Afghan media: Pakistani helicopter crash-lands in Logar, 6 on board captured

I am not an expert of Mi17s but I have flown across Afghanistan and even with an aux fuel tanks it is still a big stretch to fly from Pak to Russia with a Heli

As you can see from the link below two auxiliary tanks can add to the range quite significantly. These tanks are seen regularly in Pakistani Mi-17s. It is not a stretch that an Mi-17 can cover 900 km with fuel to spare. And that is assuming a nonstop flight from Peshawar to Bukhara.

"The Mi-17V-5 has a maximum speed of 250km/h, and a standard range of 580km, which can be extended to 1,065km when fitted with two auxiliary fuel tanks."
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/mi-17v-5-military-transport-helicopter/

EDIT: The crash location would suggest the flight took off from Parachinar perhaps.
Untitled.png

lolzz....is insured. No helicopter for khadim e ala.....He deserve bicycle
57a3690f56eeb.jpg

ISLAMABAD: A Punjab government Mi-17 helicopter crash landed on Thursday in Afghanistan’s Logar province where Taliban insurgents took the crew hostage before setting the helicopter on fire.

DawnNews reported the helicopter had seven people onboard at the time of the incident, and was on its way for maintenance to Uzbekistan.

Afghanistan’s TOLO News, however, reported the helicopter belonged to Pakistan military.

Quoting spokesman for Logar province’s governor, it said that the helicopter crashed in the Mati area of Azra district.

Einstein ! i asked a question.!
If I am allowed to answer your question...

The helicopter was a civilian one register under CAA Pakistan. It was being operated under Government of Punjab Air Operator Certificate issued by CAA Pakistan. The aircraft was to fly on a one time permission to a maintenance facility most probably in Russia. For this it had a multiple stop flight plan submitted which took it from Lahore to Peshawar. from Peshawar to Kazakhstan and then to Russia.

additional fuel tanks were installed to maximize the flight time. Still it is not sure how many tanks were installed other then the two on the sides.

its good that its crashed

last year its eat our almost 4 crrore rupees
shbshrf-hlcpter1.jpg

Those clowns who making fun of Afghan sources should apologies now.

The Heli was Pakistani.

Dawn quoted the same :)

I think before calling others clowns you should hold your own pants. My point was proven as how afghan media tried to a associate a civilian helo with a logistic support helo for Taliban. This is just rumour being spread in afghan media. If i dig any deeper i can present you some big oafs rather than measly clowns in afghan media. Ranging from claims of pakistani generals leading afghan Taliban on ground to killing of dozens of pakistanis at torkham i will just take afghan media as serious as morning children cartoons.

TTP has backstabbed NS.
No they are still loyal to him and his brother don't you see how both of them provided TTP two high profile person for kidnapping and from them TTP milked million of rupees to finance itself (Son of Gillani and Taseer). No big attack of TTP in Punjab even not against the Govt.

Last edited:
Dawn news labels this to be the helicopter.

it is a file photo
If I am allowed to answer your question...

The helicopter was a civilian one register under CAA Pakistan. It was being operated under Government of Punjab Air Operator Certificate issued by CAA Pakistan. The aircraft was to fly on a one time permission to a maintenance facility most probably in Russia. For this it had a multiple stop flight plan submitted which took it from Lahore to Peshawar. from Peshawar to Kazakhstan and then to Russia.

additional fuel tanks were installed to maximize the flight time. Still it is not sure how many tanks were installed other then the two on the sides.

It flew from Peshawar at 0845Hrs.

Back
Top Bottom