What's new

Afghan Taliban capture Pakistani soldiers in cross border attack

Spoken like a real Keyboard Warrior. This is not a tom Clancy novel, this is reality.

I am sorry if I sounded like one you allege me to be.
without any further offence I can proudly say that I have the honour and pride to defend Pakistan and have faced the situations when the guns have been pointed at me and have fired at enemy while visiting the Sindh regiment deployed in Bhimber sector in our Pakistani Azad Kashmir . I am not in the army but I say to everyone if I was I would have been killed by now because I am mad about my country. Surrender is definitely no option. You have to live it to understand it what I am saying the thrill the excitement and the clam you feel while defending your country cant be beaten by anything I promise you.
soldiers dug out temporary graves in case they fall and I have lived the nights at the front line. it. So my dearest I am not a keyboard warrior far from it.

yes I have family as well. that for over generations has served the country. brothers father, cousins, grandfather great grand father and uncles have been in both the British and Pakistani army and are sill serving

one is deployed in Balochistan facing off the Indian Funded BLA terrorists as I write this response

yes I am emotional because there have been many other situations where the soldiers have refused to accept the odds and turned them in their favour I will just cite (ref Kargil war) Capt Colonel Shair Khan and Lans Corporal Lalik Jan who surrounded a whole Indian company and gave them a tough time and Indians them selves recommended for their highest recognition

My father was 2nd Lt. in 1971 and fought in Tochi, Tul Scouts in the same kargil area at freezing conditions against all odds and he mentions how at one post 2 soldiers simply took on a whole Indian company that was advancing at their position and killed soldiers that included their officers too. He says they held that post and was marked as ours after ceasefire and flag staff meetings.

I have seen videos on youtube by the Taliban where they show whole companies of Pakistan army surrendering and being strip searched and giving up their weapons and then being lined up while Taliban smirk and wave their guns to the cameras.

You might also recall that disgusting and shameful incident where the Taliban tricked a Pakistani convoy with a land slide and were disguised in burka they forced the officers to submission. it is not just me who was upset but GHQ high command was furious and said that those officers will be court marshalled for not following the SOPs in a hostile environment the more I hear about that incident it irritates me that those tribesmen tricked them by offering food etc and then pointed guns at them and the whole convoy surrendered without firing a single bullet

there are other disgusting stories where the soldiers after surrendering gave away the shias or syed among them to Taliban who then executed them on spot. I am sure same fate would have happened it there was an Ahmedi there

this discussion can go on but the point is we are the same sons of soils where our forefathers faced off the biggest armada of tanks after WW2.

army rules are very strict and ruthless when it comes to punishment to any one serving in army during war time when there is slight indication of cowardice he is normally shot on site to deter from following suit.

Please read my earlier comments with keeping this in mind that in this fight the enemy has no face, no moral, no faith it’s a beast from hell without any remorse or shame and has to be treated like a beast.

Take no prisoners and surrender never an option

Could not agree more, Irfan Baloch.SOP of operations among Army should be kill or get killed.Any coward who surrender should face court martial and what is it with capturing militants?Kill them on spot.

☪☪☪☪;940681 said:
Could not agree more, Irfan Baloch.SOP of operations among Army should be kill or get killed.Any coward who surrender should face court martial and what is it with capturing militants?Kill them on spot.

I don't agree with that. Human's are humans. You cannot reprogram the human instinct of self preservation. It is innate. But the soldiers who surrendered was FC, that is saying a lot.

I am sorry if I sounded like one you allege me to be.
I have seen videos on youtube by the Taliban where they show whole companies of Pakistan army surrendering and being strip searched and giving up their weapons and then being lined up while Taliban smirk and wave their guns to the cameras.

Please read my earlier comments with keeping this in mind that in this fight the enemy has no face, no moral, no faith it’s a beast from hell without any remorse or shame and has to be treated like a beast.

Most of your post carries great merit. And i respect you for your professional and blunt response. However correct me if i am wrong but most of the Desertion came from the FC?

The FC has been coming under the spot light for all the wrong reasons, in Islamabad the DPD: Diplomatic Protection Department had investigated and arrested two FC soldiers connected with terrorists planning attacks in Islamabad.

I alsoremember one particular incident in Islamabad when the FC troops had deserted their posts at the Norwegian embassy... They have now been replaced with Rangers.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

May Allah give peace and sabr to the families of the shaheeds

Pakistan recovers bodies of six soldiers
June 18, 2010 - 7:34PM

AFP

Taliban militants have handed over the bodies of six Pakistani soldiers killed in an attack near the Afghan border but the hunt is still on for 34 who remain missing, officials say.

The bodies were handed over to tribal elders late Thursday, taken to a military base in the Mohmand tribal district and sent to their homes after funeral prayers, a military official said on Friday.

Some 34 soldiers are still unaccounted for, he said.

A political administration official in Mohmand confirmed that bodies of six soldiers had been handed over to tribal elders.

Dozens of paramilitary soldiers vanished after Taliban attacked their checkpost in a remote area of Mohmand near the Afghan border late Sunday.

Twenty-five soldiers who strayed into Afghanistan after the clashes have been handed back to Pakistani officials.

Pakistani troops are fighting Taliban and al-Qaeda-linked militant groups on multiple fronts across its sprawling tribal badlands, which Washington has described as the most dangerous place on the Earth.

The rugged terrain lying outside the direct government control, is considered al-Qaeda headquarters and a stronghold of militants plotting attacks on US-led troops fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan.

I want a close scrutiny on the very existence of the FC whether it should be totally dissolved or merged within the Rangers. The incompetence of the FC personnel is so high that one needs to employ double the energy to command them. It is very frustrating to command FC personnel.

Most of your post carries great merit. And i respect you for your professional and blunt response. However correct me if i am wrong but most of the Desertion came from the FC?

The FC has been coming under the spot light for all the wrong reasons, in Islamabad the DPD: Diplomatic Protection Department had investigated and arrested two FC soldiers connected with terrorists planning attacks in Islamabad.

I alsoremember one particular incident in Islamabad when the FC troops had deserted their posts at the Norwegian embassy... They have now been replaced with Rangers.

hey we need to be careful putting a blame on these special regional forces. FC , FF and nothern light infentry NLI, janbaz and the scouts have done great job of defending the country
having said that the soldiers of these forces are normally recruited from the local population and are commanded by regular army officers

yes there have been a lot of attrition rates because these people are seeing their home towns taking the brunt of this war and having to fight their very own tribesmen is a lot of pressure.
their commitment and morale is a legend though. its just unfortunate that the taliban have beaten us in terms of propganda war.
they have sold their Islam so effectively that it also stops me in my tracks and sometimes makes me wonder at their conviction and belief (no.. sorry Knwoledge) that they are on the right path.
compare that with the leadership of PPP and Nawaz league who dont have any character.

our Religious scholors have to really come forward, not just Beralvis or Shias but main stream Sunni Hanafi Muslims who are the majority and openly support the war against the violent TTP. that will give the religious legitimacy to our FC soldiers etc.

I pray that our defenders have solid faith and commitment have confidence in their commanders and are clear in their purpose. thats what will break the backbone of TTP

A full investigation needs to be launched as this is deeply embarassing for Our forces. We have had this SAME situation before when musharaff was running the show and we had a mass surrender of our forces to tribal militants, it was worse then as the numbers were in their hundreds. We had to bargain HARD to get them back, and give the militants our appologies and their weapons we had confiscated - there's even youtube video's of Pak forces doing this incase anyone is in denial.

I hope these soldiers went missing in a gun battle and didn't just put their hands up. Also questions need to be asked about how this can and has happened again. I have a worried feeling that senior management in our forces is not disciplined.

where the hell was air support??????

Im sorry i havent seen any discussion on this how the hell did such a large number of our forces got caught ?! and why has there been a hush hush over it ?

The Afghan authorities have handed over 14 of the 65 Pakistani soldiers who had gone missing after a militant attack on a border checkpoint on Sunday.
The soldiers are expected to arrive on Friday.

A security official said that a helicopter had been dispatched to Jalalabad, Afghanistan, to bring back the soldiers to Peshawar.

According to last reports, their departure from Jalalabad was delayed because of the arrival of 12 militiamen from Kabul. The soldiers were shifted to Kabul from Kunar. Two of them were kept in Jalalabad, he said.

Another official said that 65 personnel of the Mohmand Rifles had gone missing following Sunday night’s simultaneous attack on border posts at Mattak, Goraparai, Shokarai and Marjhana.

Fourteen of them were taken by their captors to Afghanistan. Officials claimed that 20 others returned to their base camp in Ghalanai.

Militants have returned the bodies of six militiamen after negotiations with a tribal jirga in the border region of Baizai. The body of Subedar Janas Khan was sent to his native town.

The officials admitted that 13 to 15 militiamen were still missing, but said that they might not be captured by militants.

Ikramullah Mohmand, a spokesman for militants, claimed that 10 militiamen had been held hostage and negotiations were being held with a jirga about their fate.

The officials told Dawn that such a high-level attack on Pakistani border posts could not be possible without the help of the Afghan National Army and Afghan border police in Kunar.

They said that Islamabad had on several occasions raised the issue with Kabul and the Nato’s eastern command, but no action had been taken.

“The way the attack was launched with heavy weapons in the dark has all the tell-tale signs of support from the ANA and Afghan border police,” the officials said.

An official at the political administration in Mohmand told Dawn that militants pushed out of Bajaur, Malakand and Swat had taken refuge across the border and were now attacking Pakistani security posts.

...army rules are very strict and ruthless when it comes to punishment to any one serving in army during war time when there is slight indication of cowardice he is normally shot on site to deter from following suit....
9:123:

اے ایمان والو اپنے نزدیک کے کافروں سے لڑو اور چاہئے کہ وہ تم میں سختی پائیں اور جان لو کہ الله پرہیزگاروں کے ساتھ ہے (۱۲۳

Last edited:
I want a close scrutiny on the very existence of the FC whether it should be totally dissolved or merged within the Rangers. The incompetence of the FC personnel is so high that one needs to employ double the energy to command them. It is very frustrating to command FC personnel.

Buddy calm down.
My father is commanding Zhob militia,Yes its hard to command them.But u cant say everybdy is incompetent...

I have seen a F.C soldier with this jaw blown with a BLA bullet standing and smiling.

I have seen a post of only 6 soldiers attacked by 50-60 talib fighters heavily armed with RPG-9s,grenades,LMGS,night visions and weapons at night in a far off (with no links to base or the H.Q except Radio and a 4 hour drive or a 1 hour helicopter flight) near waziristan and getting 12 of their brethern dogs getting slayed... thanks to our Brothers (1 shaheed...May Allah Bless him,ameen).
Before comming to conclusions one must see the reality and see wat happened and correct our mistake by taking action rather then just talkin.

Last edited:

Sir, that FC is different compared to the FC which is fighting the Taliban and manning majority of the posts at the border.

Islamabad has Frontier Constabulary, reserve police in other words, commanded by and led by Police Officers.

While the ones fighting the Taliban are the Frontier Corps, yeah these FC guys have shown some desertion, but it used mostly in the initially days, when the resolve to fight was not there as they took these men to be of their own, but in the last 2 years and even before that, these guys have given lot of sacrifices, many have lost family members at the hands of militants, and the desire not to fight was mostly as said due to the own brethren thing, same was shown by Army formations in the start, but now the tide has changed and they are one in fighting this menace.

Problem in manning these posts is that you station 40-50 guys and they get attacked by hundreds of militants from all sides who know the area & terrain, these 40-50 guys are limited to their post only and in case of such attacks are isolated from any support and they get over run after sometime seeing the opposition strength and no aerial or artillery support from them.

Sir, that FC is different compared to the FC which is fighting the Taliban and manning majority of the posts at the border.

Islamabad has Frontier Constabulary, reserve police in other words, commanded by and led by Police Officers.

While the ones fighting the Taliban are the Frontier Corps, yeah these FC guys have shown some desertion, but it used mostly in the initially days, when the resolve to fight was not there as they took these men to be of their own, but in the last 2 years and even before that, these guys have given lot of sacrifices, many have lost family members at the hands of militants, and the desire not to fight was mostly as said due to the own brethren thing, same was shown by Army formations in the start, but now the tide has changed and they are one in fighting this menace.

Problem in manning these posts is that you station 40-50 guys and they get attacked by hundreds of militants from all sides who know the area & terrain, these 40-50 guys are limited to their post only and in case of such attacks are isolated from any support and they get over run after sometime seeing the opposition strength and no aerial or artillery support from them.

Thank you for the correction Taimi, and yes i totally agree with you on the number factor in all of this, also i still stick by my original statement that we sould never forget the human instinct.

Just because someone puts on a uniform and swears an oath does not make him or her a robot, s/he still has the basic animal instincts, and one of those is survival.

well govt policy are working against for both for army and for civilian

Pakistan army is fighting with own mans

RIP TO DEAD

Back
Top Bottom