What's new

Afghan Taliban Commission Looking Into Pakistan’s Terror-Related Concerns

pakdefender

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
https://www.voanews.com/south-centr...ion-looking-pakistans-terror-related-concerns

ISLAMABAD - A high-powered commission set up by Afghanistan’s Taliban has been working to press anti-Pakistan militants to stop violence against the neighboring country and return to their homes across the border with their families, VOA has learned from highly-placed sources.

Taliban chief Hibatullah Akhundzada set up the three-member commission recently to look into Islamabad’s complaints that the banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), commonly known as the Pakistani Taliban, is using Afghan soil to plot cross-border terrorist attacks, the sources said.

“TTP leaders are being warned (by the Afghan Taliban Commission) to settle their problems with Pakistan and return to the country along with their families in exchange for a possible amnesty by the Pakistani government,” said the sources in Islamabad.

The sources privy to the matter revealed the details on condition of anonymity, citing the “sensitive nature” of the matter and for not being authorized to speak to media.

Also related :
Taliban likely to put squeeze on Pakistani militants: experts

It looks like all the formalities are being performed by Pakistani govt and Taliban before action is taken against these groups.

Now might be the time to work with the Iranians to root out militants hiding out in each other’s countries that attack the other’s country. A secure region will Increase everyone’s confidence, to bring in development work, and raise the quality of life for the peoples of all three countries, through more trade and FDI.

@Pak Nationalist

I already told you in another thread that Afghan taliban won't fight with ttp for Pakistan but would simply ask them to go back to Pakistan and fight their war living in Pakistan if they want to continue fighting. Same is happening here

@Pak Nationalist

I already told you in another thread that Afghan taliban won't fight with ttp for Pakistan but would simply ask them to go back to Pakistan and fight their war living in Pakistan if they want to continue fighting. Same is happening here
I think it is great to hear if it does happen. Even if they do this much, the rest could be handled by us. Maybe fencing could prohibit the movement to the other side, even if it is not as successful as some were expecting in stoping militant movement from Afghanistan to Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom