What's new

Afghaniatan wins Bronze in taekwondo in Olympic 2012

sab

Reaction score
After winning first ever medal for his country four years ago in Beijing, Afghanistan Rohullah Nikpai once again become hero after beating Britain’s Martin Stamper 5-3 in the bronze medal match of the 68kg category of Taekwondo at London 2012.
The 25-year-old said, “Of course, getting a medal is very important to all the countries in the world but especially for Afghanistan.”

“I’m very happy because this medal is very important for my country.”

He lost out to Iran’s Mohammad Bagheri Motamed in the quarter-finals in London but took advantage of a second chance through the repechage.

He beat David Boui of the Central African Republic 14-2 before beating Stamper in the men’s -68kg category at London 2012.

London 2012 Taekwondo: Afghanistan

Congrats Afghanistan Hope you win trophies in cricket also :cheers:

Congratulations to Rohullah Nikpai and all Afghan Sportsmen!
Even Afghan Cricketers and Footballers have been in the news. Hoping to hear of their achievements soon.

Wow..thats an awesome achievement for a country in such depressing times...Congrats :tup:

Wow!!!! !! !

Winning medal in Olympics is not easy task!!

Congrats to Afghan brother's for this achievement !!!!!!!!

AFG.png

:)

Congratulation Afghanistan. Many people here making fun of india.... Tell me whose powerful? Afghanistan or pakistan? Its pakistan.... Yet afghanistan won medal. So does that mean afghanistan powerfull then pakistan? Not really.... Olympics dont decide whose powerful. Look at turkey. They won just 1 medal so far.... They powerful.

Congrats to him and Afghanistan. Wondering if he trained in Afghanistan or abroad...

Back
Top Bottom