What's new

Africans protest in China as one man dies in police custody, guangzhou

rcrmj

Reaction score
Country
China
BEIJING (Reuters) - More than 100 Africans protested on Tuesday outside a police station in China's southern Guangdong province after an African man died in police custody, state news agency Xinhua said, citing local authorities.
The protest in Guangdong's capital Guangzhou, which brought traffic to a halt, lasted for two hours on Tuesday, Xinhua said, citing an official from the Guangzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau.

Xinhua said the dead African man, whose identity has not been confirmed, "suddenly fell unconscious" at a police station on Monday afternoon "and died after medical efforts failed", Xinhua said, citing police.

The African man was taken into the police station for questioning on Monday after he had a "physical altercation" with another person, the owner of an electric bicycle who had given the African man a ride as a passenger on Monday afternoon, Xinhua said. Both of them disagreed over payment.

The protest comes ahead of a summit between China and Africa that China is expected to host in July, and amid a crackdown by Beijing and Shanghai on "illegal foreigners". In late May, Beijing launched a 100-day campaign to "clean out" foreigners living or working illegally in the city and has stepped up police checks on expatriates.

The Xinhua report said police have launched an investigation into the death and that "police in Guangzhou have called for foreigners to abide by Chinese law and refrain from disturbing public order".

as China is becoming as a popular working destination, where presents endless job and business opportunities to people, the number of foreign people come into china are ever increasing.. there are around 2 million foreign residence and working population (legally) in Beijing alone which made up 1.5% of Beijing's total redisence and working population. not to mention Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hangzhou,Chendu and Shenzeng

p.aspx

p.aspx

p.aspx

this is new phenomenon and situation to Chinese and the government, we need to establish new regulations to creat a better environment for them to work and live in CHina

this is new phenomenon and situation to Chinese and the government, we need to establish new regulations to creat a better environment for them to work and live in CHina
legal ones OK, illegal ones should be deported。
The photos reminds me the riot in London,Guangzhou government must take drastic action to prevent such things happen again。

legal ones OK, illegal ones should be deported。
The photos reminds me the riot in London,Guangzhou government must take drastic action to prevent such things happen again。
I lived in London for a decade, hehe, i have seen much worse!! hope that wont happen in China

illegal immigrants must not be deported, they must be killed. that will make them think twice before entering china illegally.
we must stop the illegal immigration by securing our borders, increasing security at ports, airports and increasing surveillance.
the borders are not secured, the airport security is dreadful maritime security is horrible.
illegals comes from the border, planes and boats.

companies hiring illegals should face massive fines to make sure they test the legality of foreigners.

foreigners are coming to china and taking away jobs from local chinese looking for a better life.
we dont need these foreigners, we need only the highest qualified foreigners in sectors like semiconductor, software, etc.
we dont need foreign professors, economists, architects, accountants, journalists, teachers, etc.

local governments must be held fully responsible for stopping illegal immigration, the central government must stop this problem before it gets worse, its already bad. foreigners come to china think they are above the law and can d anything they want.
we must be ruthless of any foreigner that breaks chinese laws.

Chasing Dreams: Africans in China's Chocolate City - YouTube

Hats off to you man....you are mining their resources, taking their oil..and then you call them worthless.....
Unlike the whites,We paid for it。
We have been investing a lot in Africa,helping them build factories,schools,hospitals,high-ways,railways,airports,power stations,etc。
Chinese never massacred the Africans,never did slave trade。 Chinese own the Africans nothing!
So if the illegal foreigners who dare violate Chinese laws,they will be sent to jails even death penalty。No matter he or she is African or
Indian or white。

Unlike the whites,We paid for it。
We have been investing a lot in Africa,helping them build factories,schools,hospitals,high-ways,railways,airports,power stations,etc。
Chinese never massacred the Africans,never did slave trade。 Chinese own the Africans nothing!
So if the illegal foreigners who dare violate Chinese laws,they will be sent to jails even death penalty。No matter he or she is African or
Indian or white。
Calling them worthless, entire race, just because of few people, well even you will admit its hell of a prejudice......BTW who am i to tell you how to behave with them, its your call, i am out.

Hats off to you man....you are mining their resources, taking their oil..and then you call them worthless.....

while his is highly offensive were paying and investing.

Well, we do also need to emigrate our peasants to Africa, so this is a fair exchange.

BTW, why the black people only concentrate in Guangzhou, maybe elsewhere in China could be suitable as well. :coffee:

ok i admit, i got a bit hot under the collar and called all africans bad things. there are many good africans too.

but that does not mean illegal africans and africans the demonise china should be allowed to live in china.
its simple as that.

btw, most of these illegal africans comes from the vietnam border.
chinese border patrols is nothing short of shameful.
if africans can enter illegally, just imagine the number of western spies that easily enter china.

ok i admit, i got a bit hot under the collar and called all africans bad things. there are many good africans too.

but that does not mean illegal africans and africans the demonise china should be allowed to live in china.
its simple as that.

btw, most of these illegal africans comes from the vietnam border.
chinese border patrols is nothing short of shameful.
if africans can enter illegally, just imagine the number of western spies that easily enter china.

this is due to the open border policy with Vietnam, however illegals will get kicked out.

Well, we do also need to emigrate our peasants to Africa, so this is a fair exchange.

BTW, why the black people only concentrate in Guangzhou, maybe elsewhere in China could be suitable as well. :coffee:
there are around 300,000 legal or illegal africans and Indians in Guangzhou city, because there are loads of cheap commodity wholesale centers in that city...they are buying from there and exporting to africa and India

Back
Top Bottom