What's new

'After 2001 Parliament attack, India deployed nuclear missiles on border'

Why is it humiliating??
Because we refused to escalate tensions?

well let's call spade a spade....What was the reason for full deployment if you don't mean to pull the trigger???? He is right...we lost close to 600+ men for nothing....There is no way we can justify loss of so many men by saying that we manage to put lot of burden on Pakistan economy....secondly the pit fall of the pull out was further emboldening of Pakistan becasue for reason A, B or C they manage to deter India....

Of-course they did not want war and at that time we even had the edge.....They were involved in so called WOT but yet they manage to deter us....Now it doesn't matter what was the reason behind it(India's self-deterence or fueled by Pak)....Anyways that humiliation was the catalyst for so many much needed deals that you hear these days.....

How many scientists do you want to say it was a failure?

So in short if one scientist is saying that it was a failure and rest of the lot saying no, then we should hear that scientist, right???? As an adversary i would not mind you thinking like that...however just to let you know that the scientist who is claiming it to be a failure was on need to know basis....confirmation about those tests have some from the likes of APJ Abdul Kalam...so there is little scope for us to look at it with suspicion...

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

It is widely reported even within india that the H bomb test was a failure.

Sir, do you know the number of news channels and newspapers that we have??? Of-course it was reported widely and why should such a report not??? However media is just reporting what is being claimed by a Scientist....Media reporting it does not make it right, no????

well let's call spade a spade....What was the reason for full deployment if you don't mean to pull the trigger???? He is right...we lost close to 600+ men for nothing....There is no way we can justify loss of so many men by saying that we manage to put lot of burden on Pakistan economy....secondly the pit fall of the pull out was further emboldening of Pakistan becasue for reason A, B or C they manage to deter India....

Of-course they did not want war and at that time we even had the edge.....They were involved in so called WOT but yet they manage to deter us....Now it doesn't matter what was the reason behind it(India's self-deterence or fueled by Pak)....Anyways that humiliation was the catalyst for so many much needed deals that you hear these days.....

798 to be exact

Op Parakram claimed 798 soldiers - Times Of India

And i am thankful to God that Operation Parakram did not lead to full out shooting war, the consequences would have been devastating for both the nations.

The initial tests experienced both failures and some successes on both sides of the border, but over the years both nations have worked hard and built very effective technology. Do not for a second think that India's nuclear arsenal is full of duds.

But you escalated them in the first place
Our parliament was attacked by terror groups enjoying safe heavens in Pakistan....so i am not sure who escalated what....but it was certainly not India...anyhow there is no point beating the dead horse....

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

798 to be exact

Op Parakram claimed 798 soldiers - Times Of India

And i am thankful to God that Operation Parakram did not lead to full out shooting war, the consequences would have been devastating for both the nations.

Well i am not sure about the number there...TOI don't have much respect as far as i am concerned and for some reason don't find many other newspapers publishing the same news....In fact i don't remember this getting much hype even in Electronic Media....but i was not much into politics at that time...so i may be wrong....

pdf should have a thread on peace loving and nuke hating pakistanis and indians.......:angel:

seriously u all indians and pakistanis are haterzzzzz and war mongers:hitwall:

But you escalated them in the first place
My Bad:oops: It should have been "Because we refused to escalate tensions further":)

@the emboldened part-Which jackshyt said that by mobilizing troops we burdened Pak's economy?:laugh:
@the underlined part-The catalyst was the Mumbai carnage!
E.g:-MMRCA tender,Light/heavy/attack Heli tender etc.
Anyways,I do not think that our de-escalation was humiliating but was an eye opener for Army.

our nukes are more than enough why you want us to develope h bomb why are you against pakistani life.

Anyway i dont know why we talking about what india didnt have the balls to do ten years later?

Yet Pakistan has the ***** to train,arm and aid the infiltration of terrorists?

lets accept it all the ills in india are down to pakistan. We are only a small country why doesnt incredible india superpower designate sort us out? lol

@the emboldened part-Which jackshyt said that by mobilizing troops we burdened Pak's economy?:laugh:
Did not mean u say it....That is the line we generally take for saving the face....In fact that is the only achievement of that Operation....

@the underlined part-The catalyst was the Mumbai carnage!
E.g:-MMRCA tender,Light/heavy/attack Heli tender etc.
Then you are wrong....It was the operation parakaram fiasco that we learned how important it is for us to cut down the deployment time....CSD saw the light of the day after 2003 not 2008....

Anyways,I do not think that our de-escalation was humiliating but was an eye opener for Army.
Well how come it is not humiliating...You went in with your troops to teach Pakistan a lesson...and what did you teach??? "Nothing"....All you did was to embolden them further that they can deter India...so i am not sure why it is not humiliation...

Let me ask you in a different fashion...Do you think Kargil was humiliating for Pak or just a learning for PA????

What is halting you from attacking Pakistan with nuclear warhead? Why are you waiting for tomorrow, why don't you do it now?

May be you don't but a lot of sane people in India know the consequences of war if happens between Pakistan and India, it would be a war which surely will transmute into a nuclear war.

Very important for you to note, you better heed it once and for all - India may be bounded to 'no first use' doctrine but for sure Pakistan is not bounded to such doctrine.

War is not an option, we better should sort out our problems related to each other..

I really liked the last line but not the rest of your post. India just moved its nuke assets to the borders does that mean that we were actually going to attack you . In 2001 IA was full of confidence bcoz of victory in Kargil so I don't see any specific reason for the use of nukes.
We are not stupid to use nukes on our nuke armed neighbour as everyone knows what will be consiquences of this.
And yes war is not a option for us. We are like blood brothers are'nt we?? :)

lets accept it all the ills in india are down to pakistan.
Nope,most of our ailments are due to our problems but many terrorist attacks on Indian citizens have originated from Pakistan and you cant deny them!
We are only a small country why doesnt incredible india superpower designate sort us out? lol
Why does India need to sort the land of the pure?

Let me ask you in a different fashion...Do you think Kargil was humiliating for Pak or just a learning for PA????
Did Indian Army intrude into Pak territory and capture them during Op Parakram,and then blame it on the Mujaheddin??

Did Indian Army intrude into Pak territory and capture them during Op Parakram,and then blame it on the Mujaheddin??
what does that have to do with my question??? So are you saying unless and until you don't cross the border and get a beating there is no humiliation??

Back
Top Bottom