What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATAK will require approval from the West and it may get denied due to engine related TOT. The remainder, you still have 4 different platforms. I just think its too many
Sir, the Mi-35's are not going to be part of PA but they will be with ANF (different budget). The only time PA is going to see them is when they are in maintenance of its engines.

ATAK will have a Chinese engine if it came to Pakistan.

I still think we need heavy gun ship like MI 28 HAVOC

4 is the first block. Eventually you shall receive 36 in total. The money is cleared for 4 mil 35 so it's just a matter of signing on the dotted line. Also i heard they are already built so its just a matter of delivery.
And when the first batch gonna arrive?? by when

I still think we need heavy gun ship like MI 28 HAVOC
It would be a great addition. It works fine at night as well

Yes AH1Z is goid but it is light weight and have fes limitation in war thats why they inducted apaches.

We need MI 28 havoc 20 would be enough and yes best machine at night

Yes AH1Z is goid but it is light weight and have fes limitation in war thats why they inducted apaches.

We need MI 28 havoc 20 would be enough and yes best machine at night

That is not why the US Army adopt the apache....

If you are talking about the early version of AH-1 then yes, those are Light Gunship, and a pure gunship which used to only support armoured column, the Army adopted Apache and phase out the Cobra is due to the conflict of Armoured Doctrine between US Army and US Marine. Which the US Army use tanks to sphearhead a point attack and the MAarine use them as infantry support.

AH-1Z is on the same classification than an Apache, and they are adapted to use in both stand alone capacity and support capacity.

That is not why the US Army adopt the apache....

If you are talking about the early version of AH-1 then yes, those are Light Gunship, and a pure gunship which used to only support armoured column, the Army adopted Apache and phase out the Cobra is due to the conflict of Armoured Doctrine between US Army and US Marine. Which the US Army use tanks to sphearhead a point attack and the MAarine use them as infantry support.

AH-1Z is on the same classification than an Apache, and they are adapted to use in both stand alone capacity and support capacity.
Than why US MARINES dont use Apache they use Supercobra only

Than why US MARINES dont use Apache they use Supercobra only

lol, why the US navy did not use UH-60 but go for SH-60?

They cannot be folded and stow in ships...

Also being the only branch still uses UH-1N, they go hand in hand with AH-1.

Look, the Marine have a different doctrine about how they uses their tank than the Army. The Marine uses tank as a traditional Infantry support role, and for that, they need to operate in conjunction to infantry (or marines) and the Cobra was designed from ground up as a infantry support gunship (The reason why they ditch the UH-1 Gunship and gone for dedicated AH-1 Cobra gunship in the first place)

But that was then, now the role are pretty much the same, just the Marine do not have the budget needed to redesign an apache and use them on the ship, plus since UH-1 and AH-1 share 80-85% similarity, they save a lot of money by keep upgrading the cobra.

Some Images of AH1Z with Longbow radar and Full payload(16 hellfire+2sidewinders)

12325053_2005051816251661004900.jpg
ah1z-008rs.jpg
AH-1Zwp.jpg
tss.jpg
images.jpg

N
lol, why the US navy did not use UH-60 but go for SH-60?

They cannot be folded and stow in ships...

Also being the only branch still uses UH-1N, they go hand in hand with AH-1.

Look, the Marine have a different doctrine about how they uses their tank than the Army. The Marine uses tank as a traditional Infantry support role, and for that, they need to operate in conjunction to infantry (or marines) and the Cobra was designed from ground up as a infantry support gunship (The reason why they ditch the UH-1 Gunship and gone for dedicated AH-1 Cobra gunship in the first place)

But that was then, now the role are pretty much the same, just the Marine do not have the budget needed to redesign an apache and use them on the ship, plus since UH-1 and AH-1 share 80-85% similarity, they save a lot of money by keep upgrading the cobra.
Nothing impossible in millitary once you have will no difference between uh 60 and sh 60 only difference is radar weapon etc entire machjne is same only rotors are folding

N

Nothing impossible in millitary once you have will no difference between uh 60 and sh 60 only difference is radar weapon etc entire machjne is same only rotors are folding

lol, its more complicated than you think

Folded Rotarblade mean a redesign of an Engine and rotor motor, Folding back blade mean a redesign of rotor shaft, new radar and sonar mean new weapon system, and then you also have to consider buoyancy, meaning redesign of the cabin shape and also anti-corrosive material painted on outside, that does mean the only common thing between the UH-60 and SH-60 is simply the outline and the landing gear.

And when you have to change that much, it's better off you just redesign an helicopter from group up.

You can land a UH-60 at a ship once or twice, only if there are an emergency and you cannot store them on board

when we are getting our first heli

A few things folks.

Here is a great pocket PDF on the Viper.

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/iceman/AH1Z_PG_04_web.pdf

I hope Pakistan is eventually going to get the Cobra Radar system (equivalent to the Longbow on the Apache) with the helicopters, this is the AN/ APG-78 (wing mounted) below.

ah1z_longbow_scout_radar_pod.jpg

This will make the machine even more incredible. I'm surprised that Pakistan did not request this, as there is no mention of it.

nice I didn't even this existed

but if it's mounted that low and not above the rotor then it can't hide and see and pop to kill it target then pop back down??

What is so special about them? Vs Chinese Helicopters
battle tested and proven. i wouldn't say it's leagues apart of other attack helicopters. guess it comes down price and preference.

I know you are very anti america and pro chinese, so I can guess you are unhappy :china:

On a high level ,

Comparatively , both platforms US / Chinese have main components covered
A machine gun , that takes out vehicles / units

Then the Rockets which can target Tanks / Buildings

Both systems come with Optical systems that give detailed ground closeups to crew on board.

I read some where performance wise the payload capacity of the US unit was higher however , if you increase the number
of Chinese units in your forces the balance is met

Plus the Super Cobras have not been in real war vs real enemy anyways

af1-00072-z-10-lft.jpg

ah-1z%20viper.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom