What's new

Ah memories! :D

Just so that it is clear once again:

I have no knowledge of the prior history here. I have nothing against any member of the TT, its Chair, or Vice-Chair, or against any Admin or Mod. There is no need for anybody to step down or to change the set up. I will play by the rules as they exist here.

This forum has a huge potential in helping Pakistan win this fight, but it will take a concerted effort to realize this potential.

Absolutely. A number of us have been extolling the power of the media -- and Pakistan's woeful investment in soft power -- since the day we joined. The creators and admins of this forum clearly feel the same way.

We may be open in our discussion, warts and all, but the whole effort needs to be more intelligent and better directed and accurately focused.

That would be a productive discussion: to map out ways of achieving and maintaining that focus.

Ahhh my memory lane starts with "You are a male" melodrama and then fued with Jana and multiple bans. But then thanks equally to Pakistani and Indian members to have said something about women which united us both and we actually shared some "cant be shared" jokes in PM :D: Then got good frens here like Zaki and members like Joe sir who are very knowledgeable and scare me most.

and some really good time with people like "guy with the gun" abu bhai. though had heated debate but never crossed limits of decency.

and who can forget sparky sir...

not that kinda memories women :D--
complain and whine type?-
for instance explain multiple bans you've got :lol:-

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

I think some People (including Pakistanis) are very insecure people....certain complexes fuel this phenomenon

^^ Malfunctioning "BOT" alert-

Absolutely. A number of us have been extolling the power of the media -- and Pakistan's woeful investment in soft power -- since the day we joined. The creators and admins of this forum clearly feel the same way.

That would be a productive discussion: to map out ways of achieving and maintaining that focus.

Exactly why I was motivated to join PDF, and then try for the TT as well. :D

Hi,

I have seen some lame excuses in my life of 50 plus years---but some of them given here do surprise me as well----.

Here is the bottomline-----In the last 6 years and before that---whatever I wrote and suggested about the issue pretty much fell in the format that I had talked about----and most of the superstar TT lead and admins were proven wrong---specially after the Osama issue.

It is like hitting your head against the wall to expect changes in operation----I have realized and learnt that this board is just run like pakistan is---as brilliantr as Agnostic Muslim or Asim Aquil are---they are still pakistani managers----.

The public cries---please fire Butt---he is destroying cricket---answer let him serve his time---same with pia--railway and every other dept -----. I am shocke d at the mediocrity of these guys----.

I understand that you guys don't like MY ARROGANCE AND ARROGANT BEHAVIOUR----but please learn to look beyond---that is what I have been trying to teach you for the last 6 years----learn to look beyond your personal griefs---learn to accept different approach and outlook that you have been used to----.

You need to accept that what you have been doing for the last so many years and also your elders, was wrong----and unless you don't make the change and listen to learn---you will keep slipping backwards. You can blame all the americans and the british and everybody else----but untill and unless you don't blame yourself and confront yourself about your lies that you people tell yourself----there is no salvation.

You want to hide behind your constitution like it is the word of GOD----and Moses wrote it---but no it is your personal ego that I have hurt-----.

I never paint a rosy picture for you guys---I try to speak clear about issues as much as I can---I know you people don't like it alots of times---. It hurts you and it is painful for you to accept it---and then you turned around and hurt me where it hurts me the most----you stuck a knife in my heart and you twist it and tell me the it is the constitution----.

You want to live with the lies that your elders have told you---you live with the lies that your air force has told you---you live with the lies that your generals have told you---you treat them like gods that can never mislead you or lie to you----well I didn't----the may scenario showed you the real picture---.

I keep telling you people---stop being thick headed----listen and learn to understand the adversary in a different manner---. Learn to fight your opponent differently---like your enemy is doing to you---like in the COLD START DOCTRINE----that I have explained in one of my articles---.

The Cold Start is happening in front of you---but as it is not happening the way you perceived it on a millitary level----so you canot understand its existence----. Don't blame me if if I see it differently----"if I can see a different picture---must I be faulted for that"---what if someone else can see through the walls---must that person be castigated----.

The only time you people will be on the right path of success is when you people will learn to look at things differently----.

I have thrown the gauntlet---my comments are here---the TT chairperson and VC has not had a single complete article about current issues of their own in the last one year. For that---they must resign. These have been terrible times for pakistan---terrible terrible times----and the TT chairman did not have any conscience left in him to write something of his own---didnbot have the courage to lead the forum in these trying times.

And you guys---you the admins and mods want to protect him---where is the shame in this case----.

The TT is a creation of the admins and mods----.

Please read my signature---it is for all pakistanis---.

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” – Mark Twain

MK:

One of the reasons we wanted the TT to set their own rules/guidelines was because the Admin/Mod team barely has time to both moderate effectively and contribute to the forum. We always encouraged (and still do) the TT to take the lead in implementing new ideas, some along the lines of what you have suggested/implied, but we can't force anyone to do so.

Nor is it necessary that one be a 'TT Chair/Vice Chair' to take the initiative and 'do something'.

Yes, I, and the other admins, mods and TT, believe that the forum's popularity and appeal can be channeled into projecting Pakistan's voice better, and we have always been willing to listen to fresh ideas on how to do that and support the TT (for example) in pursuing any initiatives that they might need the support of the forum admins for. Again, one does not have to be the TT Chair/Vice Chair, which, as you well know are largely ceremonial positions, to promote and implement suggestions to better project this forum and Pakistan's voice.

MK:

One of the reasons we wanted the TT to set their own rules/guidelines was because the Admin/Mod team barely has time to both moderate effectively and contribute to the forum. We always encouraged (and still do) the TT to take the lead in implementing new ideas, some along the lines of what you have suggested/implied, but we can't force anyone to do so.

Nor is it necessary that one be a 'TT Chair/Vice Chair' to take the initiative and 'do something'.

Yes, I, and the other admins, mods and TT, believe that the forum's popularity and appeal can be channeled into projecting Pakistan's voice better, and we have always been willing to listen to fresh ideas on how to do that and support the TT (for example) in pursuing any initiatives that they might need the support of the forum admins for. Again, one does not have to be the TT Chair/Vice Chair, which, as you well know are largely ceremonial positions, to promote and implement suggestions to better project this forum and Pakistan's voice.

From my newcomer's point of view, there are some discussions that do not belong in the public areas. (hint, hint! :P )

Who elected Zardari? Not the US. Who promoted Kayani to COAS? Not the US.

And if you believe they both are working for US interests, whose fault is that? Mine?

Consistently logical and truthful statements, not anti-Pakistan.

If there is a disconnect, it is not between me and Pakistan, it is increasingly between Pakistan and the REST OF THE WORLD. Take a good look around and tell me.

What is unforgivable is not truthful criticism where it is due. What is truly unforgivable is blindly following the same beaten path that leads Pakistan ever deeper into the abyss. It is your ilk that are part of the guilty party, not people like me.

Cheng sometimes it looks as if you can join the dots sometinmes not. What is this? Did Benazir not go to america and state that she would support hot pursuit into pakistan? Soon after americans started rumbling about lack of democracy in pakistan. America put pressure on Musht to do in my opinion an illegal deal allowing her back to Pakistan. Did pakistan vote for zardari? I dont think his name was on the ballet sheet was it? Was the sympathy for zardari or ppp after murder of Benazir? And oh who murderd benazir?

From my newcomer's point of view, there are some discussions that do not belong in the public areas. (hint, hint! :P )
I thought I was being 'vague and general' in talking about this, but perhaps not ... :D

PM me about anything of concern.

Cheng sometimes it looks as if you can join the dots sometinmes not. What is this? Did Benazir not go to america and state that she would support hot pursuit into pakistan? Soon after americans started rumbling about lack of democracy in pakistan. America put pressure on Musht to do in my opinion an illegal deal allowing her back to Pakistan. Did pakistan vote for zardari? I dont think his name was on the ballet sheet was it? Was the sympathy for zardari or ppp after murder of Benazir? And oh who murderd benazir?
All valid points, but who will be responsible for the election results in the coming elections?

Are Pakistanis still not aware of everything you pointed out above? Will they not have gone through five years of shenanigans by the PPP led coalition at the center and the PML-N in Punjab?

Who will be to blame if the same old players get elected, and the PPP and PML-N continue to play 'musical chairs' in running Pakistan into the ground?

Just so that it is clear once again:

I have no knowledge of the prior history here. I have nothing against any member of the TT, its Chair, or Vice-Chair, or against any Admin or Mod. There is no need for anybody to step down or to change the set up. I will play by the rules as they exist here.

what rules? wheres the articles? wheres the constitution? laws?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom