What's new

Air Cdre Azam Khan - The man who got injured defending Kamra Base

No body was doing his job, as it was not required at that moment in time. The defence plan was already in place, with three levels of security / defence. The terrorists managed to give element of surprise due to the holy night of ramazan and the time. Only thing required was that "who so ever" can engage them for few minutes until the security system takes control.

I agree the sepoy did an excellent job. Without him, who knows, what would have happened.

I hope you agree that in battle field, there are times when you switch the roles. You cannot let enemy run over your post(s) simply because "it is not my job".

If you had another group in the hiding and waiting for the right time to attack, who would take care of that?

Pakistani officers lead from the from unlike the Indian officers who lead from the lavatory.

Good for them. We need them to come out in the open from where we could shoot them in clear line of sight. ;)

You have to keep in mind the circumstances in which the commander took the decision. It was a moment to make a split second decision. Whether to sit and assemble the men and risk loosing some prized assets or fight and let the men assemble. he took the second route and it paid. Salute to the soldier. I have no questions on what he did.

It doesn't look like this gamble paid off!

My salute to his bravery and love for the nation.

All those ajeeb dimagh kharab, mentally sick people up on his case, unka ka kasoor nahi, unpe ooper walay ki laanat hai, unko achay kaam bhi buray hi nazar ayenge.

Aise baatein kar rahay hain jese minute by minute kya hua wahan pe uski khabar ho and jese pata nahi kitni operations main hissa lia hua hai unhe jo andar bahar ki baaton ka pata ho.

The dilemma of our people is that those who fight for country,those give sacrifices for us are disrespected and mocked in the end...

Salute to his bravery and courage,and nation is proud of this brave son....

You have to keep in mind the circumstances in which the commander took the decision. It was a moment to make a split second decision. Whether to sit and assemble the men and risk loosing some prized assets or fight and let the men assemble. he took the second route and it paid. Salute to the soldier. I have no questions on what he did.
What 'split second decision'? Weren't there SOPs for just such a contingency? Weren't the drills rehearsed? If so, every man at the base and the QRTs should have known exactly what action is to be taken. Air Commodore Azam Khan should have been in his ops room DIRECTING AND COORDINATING the 'counter attack' especially when there were a number of different sub units from outside the base who were to take part in the operation.

At an air commodore's level, it is more of stage management and operational direction rather than going out himself with all guns blazing like a Rambo. That task should be the sole prerogative of the troops under his command who presumably were supposed to have been rehearsed in various contingencies. However, it seems that little or no rehearsals were carried out and troops didn't know what to do which necessitated the base commander to take on the terrorists himself until the commandos arrived on the scene....

And it's surprising that there are no commandos permanently co-located within the precincts of the air and naval bases in spite of having high value assets there. They always seem to be rushed in from elsewhere like at Mehran, thus wasting valuable time.

Mister living in an illusion,

This officer had over a year to make his plans for security for this base---the third rate standards that you have set for yourself and for your country---no reason why you can't get out the sh-it hole that you are stuck in.

If you have no question on what he did---then you have no right living as a pakistani---. You are the curse that pakistan has---you are the tragedy that the nation pakistan has to bear----.

Absolutely correct. It is a tragedy. Pakistani with no brain stay in the country while the rest dictate how to fight from abroad. Curse you other countries for taking away our real and smart Pakistani's!!!

I dont know why we all are presupposing the man ' left' his control room and went to the ' front line' to fight himself. I have not read anything to this effect so I may be corrected if I am wrong. If it is based on assumptions, then my assumption is as good as yours.

Like any fighting force, there must be SOPs and reaction teams headed by a security chief who I am sure did his job. Once the attack was localised to a particular area the boss may have gone around to see the situation on ground and stopped a bullet or two. Nothing wrong in this. After all a look is better than a thousand reports.

I get the impression the poor man is chastised for no particular reason. I do recollect reading that there was another sentry at the post which was attacked who ducked and did not fire , I think it is commendable that the boss went to the point of action.

Its a different thing as to what were the contingency plans in the first place for a situation like this. But in the given situation he did well. It was better than sitting behind a wall and talking on the radio. It can be argued that he should have controlled from afar but then his role steps in only after those tasked for this fail.

Did they fail ? One doesn't know just yet.

My views.

Enough of the BS already............

Base commander did what he thought was good . He made his decision after seeing things............

Plans are there and so are the teams but they might have some un known factor which make him come out and lead his team.

All these Internet warrior i think he is more intelligent and more experienced than you all guys. So shut the crap .

Salute to all the brave son of the sail who give their lives to protect Pakistan.

May Allah (S.W.T) grant their souls Jannah and give this land more brave son which Protects Pakistan with their lives. Ameen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom