What's new

Air Force Question Thread

I would think sensitive equipment/electronics and heat do not agree!! Where I grew up car interior plastic parts (used to) melt from the midday sun. That is why your computer has a fan.

but then you would have to cover the entire plane!!

I want to ask a question to all the pakistani members here that if pakistan air force is looking for a 5th generation fighter in the future?? probably 2020 onwards......a joint collaboration with china???? a customized version of J-20 perhaps??:tup:

^ many things can happen in 10 years... who knows we build e tot silent eagle versions of both jf17 and j10.. and ultimated join single engined jv for 5th and 6th gen fighters with any of the multiple chinese companies working on these projects at the moment...

paf will take necessary steps when pakfa is inducted across the border

I have few more question to you guys..........

1. Is JF-17 and F-16 are the only fighters reliable in PAF inventory??? What about mirage3,5, F-7......are they obsolete??,

2. In case of an aerial invasion by a) India using Su-30MKI. Mig-29, MRCA etc OR b) USA using F/A-18, F-16, E/A-18, F-15E, B-2 etc....... which aircraft would PAF depend more?*

3. Since PAF is using both US and China made fighters does PAF acts as a middleman in allowing USA to check out Chinese tech and China to check out USA tech??

Note: The second question is just my curiosity and invasions are highly unlikely.

Mirage III/V ROSE (Retrofit of Strike Element) and F-7PG will remain to serve in PAF for few more years to come. The older Mirages and F-7P will be retired as the number of JF-17s roll out of factory to replace older aircraft in service/squadrons..
PAF is and will depend on all options PAF didn't buy 500 AMRAAMs for nothing.

No PAF is a professional Force PAF does not allow either China to check F-16s or US to check non American tech.

Recently, PAF and PLAAF had condeucted joint excercises in Pakistan but all hush hush.
from PLAAF, it ought to be J-10!

Infra-red Line scan (IRLS) was inducted in PAF in 1983. No.5 Sqn (then TA & R Sqn) operated it since then. I am unable to find any image of it, if any one has it please post here.

To ALL you guys, there are lots of stuffs(praise and criticism) about PAF's backbone fighter JF-17 and many technical explanations and imaginations in this forum.
I'd like to know what is pakistan's contribution to this project?? Don't take it in the wrong way, i'm just not privy to the facts!! i know about chinese aviation capabilities but i'd seriously like to know pak's area of contribution in this project (point wise briefly).
Thank You!!

To ALL you guys, there are lots of stuffs(praise and criticism) about PAF's backbone fighter JF-17 and many technical explanations and imaginations in this forum.
I'd like to know what is pakistan's contribution to this project?? Don't take it in the wrong way, i'm just not privy to the facts!! i know about chinese aviation capabilities but i'd seriously like to know pak's area of contribution in this project (point wise briefly).
Thank You!!

check the JFT threads - its all there - been discussed many times

before the pakistani involvement in the jft programme-- it was merely an upgraded f-7 [called sabre2]

paf engineers studied the design and came up with proposals--after that paf engineers and experienced f16 pilots joined hands in upgrading the requirements -- so , rumours of supplying an old f16 jet as well as test pilots which could easily compare the performance of jft protypes with f16a surfaced-- f16 influence is apparent in the jft

r&d offices might not be present , initially at kamra , however kamra was repairing overhauling modifying and maintaining ALL our inventory at that time-- so the engineers went directly to the r&d offices in china , rather waiting [and wasting several years ] for the setup to mature in pak kamra--- the number of engineers increased and made a mini pakistan city their.

99% people on this forum are not directly related to the jft programme, on top of that due to chinese secrecy programme , we dont find many links on the internet anyway. most of the chinese links are being found now, thanks to google translate --YOU got to understand ,''AVIONICS PACKAGE, COUNTERMEASURES, etc are very broad and vague terms--- there are SO many subsystems in a fighter, that you cant count them on your fingers-- only now, some of the systems have appeared in the media and most of them are produced at kamra.

nabil does post some enginearing tidbits improvements in jft from his pakistani sources

imran did post 7 posts together describing the pak. compaines aswell as their long subsystem production lists-- i have to say it was quite impressive

tempest provided some info on the inital klj7 radar

frankly, i dont even care if we didnt contribute anything except money, in this programme--- the end result is , we are gradually able to manufacture all parts of jft in pakistan within 5 years--initially it was just assembly line and now even the avionics packages are being produced in kamraa--not to mention the great exposure presented to our engineers in this process-- r&d is still going on for a twin seeter and stealthy version of jft aswell as j10b--- that too after the proposals from pakistan-- you got to understand , a person can only provide proposals WHEN he knows what he is doing and has the basic command on the subject

this jv has provided a very strong basic foundation in r&d, production of a modern fighter-- which will eventually help our aircraft industry

go through the jft info pool--- however their is no official report on this subject from a proffesional that we can point you to other than scattered info of different systems being produced alongwith r&d in pakistan.

before the pakistani involvement in the jft programme-- it was merely an upgraded f-7 [called sabre2]

paf engineers studied the design and came up with proposals--after that paf engineers and experienced f16 pilots joined hands in upgrading the requirements -- so , rumours of supplying an old f16 jet as well as test pilots which could easily compare the performance of jft protypes with f16a surfaced-- f16 influence is apparent in the jft

r&d offices might not be present , initially at kamra , however it was repairing overhauling modifying and maintaining ALL our inventory at that time-- so the engineers went directly to the r&d offices in china , rather waiting for the setup to mature in pak kamra--- the number of engineers increased and made a mini pakistan city their.

99% people here are not related to the jft programme, on top of that due to chinese secrecy programme , we dont find many links on the internet anyway.there are SO many subsystems in a fighter, that you cant count them on your fingers-- only now, some of the systems have appeared in the media and most of them are produced at kamra.

nabil does post some enginearing tidbits improvements in jft from his pakistani sources

imran did post 7 posts together describing the pak. compaines aswell as their long subsystem production lists-- i have to say it was quite impressive

tempest provided some info on the inital klj7 radar

frankly, i dont even care if we didnt contribute anything except money, in this programme--- the end result is , we are gradually able to manufacture all parts of jft in pakistan within 5 years--initially it was just assembly line and now even the avionics packages are being produced in kamraa--not to mention the great exposure presented to our engineers in this process-- r&d is still going on for a twin seeter and stealthy version of jft aswell as j10b--- that too after the proposals from pakistan-- you got to understand , a person can only provide proposals WHEN he knows what he is doing

this jv has provided a very strong basic foundation in r&d, production of a modern fighter-- which will eventually help our aircraft industry

go through the jft info pool--- however their is no official data on this subject from a proffesional that we can point you to other than scattered info of different systems being produced alongwith r&d in pakistan.

thanks for that!
not sure if i understood all of it!!!
you mentioned stealth so does that mean 5th gen JF-17 or something like the EF which has some partial stealth feature

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom