What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Hey!

This is the Airforce question thread, so instead of opening a new one i would rather ask a simple question here.

Pakistan recently ordered and started receiving 500 BVR AAMs from USA which were AIM 120-c5 class.
We also ordered 200 SRAAMs which were AIM9 class.

Can someone tell us why did we order so less SRAAMs? Like do we have plenty of them already or are we using some other SRAAMs in large numbers? Because certainly the entire PAF fleet is capable of using AIM9 so why order so less?

Thanks!

the order which Pakistan placed was the largest ever for 500 units of the aim-120c5.

PAF has a large inventory of aim-9 series and also possesses adequate numbers of the pl-9 and the magicmatra aam's.

more aim-120c5 or the newer c7 or the d version will be purchased as all the vipers get upgraded.

I have one doubt,

Wts the diff between AESA & PESA radars..

If AESA is good than PESA?, SU-30 MKI is using PESA radar and has range 350Miles, whats the range of modern AESA radars?

Just confused..11

I have one doubt,

Wts the diff between AESA & PESA radars..

If AESA is good than PESA?, SU-30 MKI is using PESA radar and has range 350Miles, whats the range of modern AESA radars?

Just confused..11

Its range is not 350 miles, but 300 km. Varies on the RCS of target.

At an early stage of the fighter's development
it became obvious that the MFI was a
lot different from the American fifth-generation
fighters. For instance, the Mikoyan fighter
had a variable ventral air intake from the
start, whereas the F-22 had non-adjustable
two-shock lateral intakes
optimised for supersonic
cruise and the rival Northrop/General
Dynamics YF-23 had non-adjustable dorsal
intakes
. Soviet aerodynamicists believed a
ventrally located intake offered certain
advantages during vigorous manoeuvres,
minimising the danger of an intake stall during
high-G turns and high-alpha flight. Also,
the tail-first layout maximised lift and the
canards performed a pitch damping function
at critical AoAs. By comparison, the F-22 and
YF-23 utilised a more conventional layout
with trapezoidal wings and stabilators.

Source:
Russian Fifth-Generation Fighter
Technology Demonstrators
Yefim Gordon
Original translation by Dmitriy Komissarov

Question is simple; is Soviet thinking while choosing from 3 given air intakes is correct & why US think otherwise??

My question is, i have read for numerous fighter plane crashes, the reason has been given as "Pilot Disorientation". What exactly does this term mean, what causes this disorientation and as i have ready more than often the pilot is unable to eject in this situation, why is that?

My question is, i have read for numerous fighter plane crashes, the reason has been given as "Pilot Disorientation". What exactly does this term mean, what causes this disorientation and as i have ready more than often the pilot is unable to eject in this situation, why is that?

Hmm I think disorientation means that the pilot has lost sense of directions as in up, down, left/right, etc. This could happen very easily in fighterjets when they are performing tight manuevers since they are experiencing high G and their brains don't get the same amount of oxygen. They can't think clearly under such circumstances and sometimes they make the wrong decisions, which could result in pilot death.

Hmm I think disorientation means that the pilot has lost sense of directions as in up, down, left/right, etc. This could happen very easily in fighterjets when they are performing tight manuevers since they are experiencing high G and their brains don't get the same amount of oxygen. They can't think clearly under such circumstances and sometimes they make the wrong decisions, which could result in pilot death.

Yes, disorientation means loss of orientation in space. A disoriented pilot is unable to make out whether he is turning left or right or flying straight and level or inverted. It has nothing to do with the lack of oxygen or high G manoeuvring. It is caused by the lack of visual cues and normally occurs when a pilot is flying in very bad visibility or at night.
If someone needs more information, just google "Spatial Disorientation"and you'll find tons of pages.

Yes, disorientation means loss of orientation in space. A disoriented pilot is unable to make out whether he is turning left or right or flying straight and level or inverted. It has nothing to do with the lack of oxygen or high G manoeuvring. It is caused by the lack of visual cues and normally occurs when a pilot is flying in very bad visibility or at night.
If someone needs more information, just google "Spatial Disorientation"and you'll find tons of pages.

Kinda like how a pilot flying over a large body of water sometimes couldn't tell which is the sky and end up flying "up" into the ocean?

in simulater ground

o real ? in air

i heard turkey and greek do mock fight in dispiuted tertory:undecided:

Mock dog fight is in the air. You can't train pilots on computer as AI cannot match the human factor in real life.

It is mock because even though missiles are used, they are dummy missiles and not loaded with warhead.

With regards to Turkey and Greece......they actually shot each other down...so it kinda is a real dogfight.

:sniper::rofl:

can some one, any senior member PLEASE tell me which version of mirage was flown by Sir.Murad Khan in 1971 war.?
PLZ PLZ PLZ

Back
Top Bottom