What's new

Air Force Question Thread

What is the exact use of AGM 45 .is it currently functional in PAF.

what are the anti radar missiles PAF presently has. on which aircrafts they are compatible with

I have a question? JF-17 can adopt JAS-39 back landing wheel design after some minor changes in design. In my view by doing this we can add an extra hard point on each wing. At moment JF-17 back wheels open in wings like J-7 (F-7) and it take some place of wing. If it opens back like JAS-39 then at least PAF can save some place for extra pay load.
About this whether it is possible or not answer of a Professional like Sir Muradk will be more welcome.

ROSE IV
Why PAF didn’t go for ROSE IV phase, it will bring at least one Mirage squadron to BVR capable with Grifo M3 radars and MBDA MICA Missiles with least cost.

French is showing kindness to Pakistan these days and by the end of this year many contracts will be signed (when French President Sarkozy will visit Pakistan).

PPP has a long history of buying French and they started ROSE program and should finish it too.

question,

1]do we have something on the lines of python4?

2]with the induction of tankers, where does the attack radius extended to?

3]are f16s or mirages integrated with mar1 missiles?

Well Zavis,

super cruise is basically the ability of an aircraft with some load of weapon or equipment to go at supersonic speed (more then the speed of sound) without using the afterburner of the aircraft.

and as for subsonic, any vehicle traveling below the speed of sound is in a subsonic flight. the tomahawk and babur cruise missile are good examples of subsonic flight.

well Anti Body,

i don't think Pakistan has any indigenous A2A missile program. But chinese may in future be bringing something on the line or something similar to Python 4 as Chinese already have the Python 3 technology. But there is a talk that Pakistan may in future get IRIS-T which may be equal or superior to Python 4. By the way Python 5 is also there, an improved version of Python 4.

Well due to tankers practically the combat radius can be nearly doubled, but in Pakistan's case, i guess it will give more loitering capability to our fighters, enabling them to stay in air for longer period of time, also Pakistan can have now airbases as deep as possible, to be far away from Indian missiles range or would give ample time to PAF for reacting to any threat coming towards the bases.

and as for Mar-1, in my opinion it would work with F-16 and Mirages, reason being Brazil has western weapons and aircraft, so they must have made it to be compatible with western radars and aircrafts as without it the sales prospective would not be great for the manufacturing company.

What is the preferred way of delivering a fighter jet, flaying it all the way from the seller to the buyer or shipping it? I am asking this because if a fighter has to fly 12-14 hours (say for example between USA and Pakistan) than effectively the total life of the aircraft is less by 12-14 hours while literally making no ‘contribution’.

question,

1]do we have something on the lines of python4?

AIM-9L and AIM-9M stack well against Python-4.

2]with the induction of tankers, where does the attack radius extended to?

Depends on what the flight profile is, how the aircraft is loaded up etc. etc.

3]are f16s or mirages integrated with mar1 missiles?

Either of the F-16s or ROSE 1 Mirages could be integrated, even JF-17 could be potential candidates.

Back
Top Bottom