What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Why weren't these aircrafts used in combat? Also didn't Saudi Arabia have a sizable fleet to offer as replacement/force multipliers at the time as well?

Brother both the countries tried to use less DWH{during war help} so as to keep the war two sided...as read in a book by some journo who covered the war....some rectben....search on google.....

How much height is required for PAF?

i heard that it is 5feet and 6 inches bt nt confirm

can any body confirm it

need assistance of senior member!

can anyone tell me which kind of mirage3 was in no.9 Sqd in 1971 war,mirage-3ep or mirage-3 E/R reconnaissance version.

How much height is required for PAF?

i heard that it is 5feet and 6 inches bt nt confirm

can any body confirm it
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

No dear. This is all drama. Believe me ( many will not i know)

If they like you they will select you even if you are 5 feet 5 inch ;)

I remember a story. A son of a judge with excellent health, verbal expressions and educational record and also with extreme love for army was rejected.

Why bcz he had never seen any defeat in his life and army thought that he will not be able to face it.

And the decision was correct. As soon as he realized that his passion for joining army will not be materialized he committed suicide :cry::cry:

So you do not know what is the criteria.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

No dear. This is all drama. Believe me ( many will not i know)

If they like you they will select you even if you are 5 feet 5 inch ;)

I remember a story. A son of a judge with excellent health, verbal expressions and educational record and also with extreme love for army was rejected.

Why bcz he had never seen any defeat in his life and army thought that he will not be able to face it.

And the decision was correct. As soon as he realized that his passion for joining army will not be materialized he committed suicide :cry::cry:

So you do not know what is the criteria.

Thaxn for the reply

well i am very much intrested in Military..i want to be a chief of pak army in future..:azn:
i am Ist year(11th) pre medical student suttdent..good i knew tat for army the minimum required height is 5feet 4inch..bt i thought pilot are tall..

Thaxn for the reply

well i am very much intrested in Military..i want to be a chief of pak army in future..:azn:
i am Ist year(11th) pre medical student suttdent..good i knew tat for army the minimum required height is 5feet 4inch..bt i thought pilot are tall..

Just stay calm and be ready for funny and stupid questions

e.g. have you ever taken bath with your sister ( my cousin was asked this question). If you become angry you are go went gone. not you are in.

and things like how you enter. A friend of mine told that a when a candidate went for interview the door was half opened, so he returned the door to its initial condition after entering the room and was cleared with in minutes while another one who did not was sent home. :argh::argh::argh:

He died flying a bomber, A eagle hit his canopy broke the canopy and hit his face the navigator was screaming his guts out Eject Eject Eject but his head was just resting on his shoulders. Finally the Nav jumped out but Masroor Sb didn't. He was a great man and great officer if he would have lived he would have gone to the top as COAS. There are always some officer when you see them or fly with them you can say he will reach the top. In 1974 sitting in Flight Ops talking to Khawaja I said these 2 kids Rashid and shahid Latif will go to the top and they did and then there were officer who we used to say if he can just start the engine I will give him Rs 100/- which was a lot of money in 74 and yes they used to sit and then go blank not that they didn't know they didn't have the confidence and when an IP was sitting with them they flew beautifully.

A/C Masroor Hussain was landing his jet at Mauripur Base (now Masroor Base, named after him)

I have two things I wanted to find out more about.

First's the likelihood of the Chinese inducting the JF-17/FC-1 in the context of their having cleared the aircraft in "design appraisal", and then their conducting successful taxi trials of the aircraft using the WS-13 engine recently. Why would the Chinese be conducting these tests and spending time on the aircraft if they weren't seriously thinking about it.

One can imagine that a major concern for the Chinese would be that the aircraft have a native engine if they were to induct it. So anyone have any info on the Chinese inducting it, and what the status of the WS-13 project is?

And secondly I wanted to ask about JF-17's twin seat variant. Last I heard Pakistan had decided to foot the bill to develop the variant, any updates on that?

Thanks!

Design Appraisal: FC-1 Xiaolong fighter passes design appraisal - People's Daily Online
Taxi Trials: China Defense Blog: FC-1 equipped with WS-13 completed first successful runway taxi test.

hey guys can any one tell me how these squadrons are made in air force..i mean on what basis they are made??

one squad consists of about 14 to 18 fighters nd 2 to 4 tandem sitter trainers
but the number varies

Does anyone know the meaning of these acronyms: CFT, BFT, PFT, ATTs etc? Any other commonly used acronyms and abbreviations anyone else heard of that I should know of?

Does anyone know the meaning of these acronyms: CFT, BFT, PFT, ATTs etc? Any other commonly used acronyms and abbreviations anyone else heard of that I should know of?

There can be different abbreviations of these words i dont know for which you are talking about but being precise what i know i'll share it with you

CFT stands for Conformal Fuel Tanks.

Conformal fuel tanks (CFTs) are additional fuel tanks fitted closely to the profile of an aircraft which extend either the range or "time on station" of the aircraft, with little aerodynamic penalty compared to the same fuel capacity carried in external drop tanks.

here is a Pic of F-15 CFT
SI_SE_HM_03_Full.jpg

BFT
In military context BFT can be abbrevation of different things,But the common one is

Blue Force Tracking : which is a United States military term used to denote a GPS-enabled system that provides military commanders and forces with location information about friendly (and despite its name, also about hostile) military forces.

PFT
PFT term is usually used in military for "Physical Fitness Test"

need assistance of senior member!

can anyone tell me which kind of mirage3 was in no.9 Sqd in 1971 war,mirage-3ep or mirage-3 E/R reconnaissance version.

not sure but the 1st batch of 18 a/c were IIIE/D type (single and 2-seat)

ok this question is related too my previous one.
can some senior member tell me which version of mirage was flown by Sir.Murad Khan in 1971 war.?
acurate answer plz :)

Back
Top Bottom