What's new

Airbus-Tata consortium to manufacture C-295 transport aircraft in Vadodara

Ajamal

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

Airbus-Tata consortium to manufacture C-295 transport aircraft in Vadodara​

Making the announcement at a media briefing, Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar said the facility will cater to export of the aircraft as well as for additional orders by the Indian Air Force.​

Airbus-Tata consortium to manufacture C-295 transport aircraft in Vadodara​

Making the announcement at a media briefing, Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar said the facility will cater to export of the aircraft as well as for additional orders by the Indian Air Force.​

Hope that it ends up replacing Avros after AN-32s are phased out.
It will make sure more than a hundred end up getting manufactured here.

Love the Europeans, great money making deal for them

The article is false by saying it is the first time that the plane is constructed outside Europe. The plane is a development of CN 235 that is both developed by CASA and IPTN (Indonesian Aerospace-change name into PTDI).

PTDI is still supplying some fuselage part for the C 295 program (part of the program supply chain) and assembled the planes in Indonesia for Indonesian orders.

--------------------------------------------

Since 2011 PTDI has an Industrial Collaboration with Airbus Defence & Space for CN295 program with the following work packages:

• Final Assembly Line, Delivery center.
  • Aerostructure package: horizontal and vertical tail plane, rear fuselage.
  • Customer Support: Service Center dan Computer Based Training.
1666895495976.png

1666895510609.png

Stepping up in size, CASA and IPTN began a joint development of the larger CN235 in January 1980, leading to a first flight in November 1983. With active production continuing today at the Airbus industrial facility near Seville, Spain, more than 280 of these pressurised twin turboprop-powered, rear-ramp equipped aircraft have been ordered by military operators, civilian carriers and transport companies, as well as for government and paramilitary operators.

The versatility of this aircraft – which has a maximum take-off weight in the 16,000-kg. category – is demonstrated by the CN235’s diverse applications, covering the spectrum from airline flights, patrol and anti-drug trafficking to cargo, VIP duties and special missions.

The CN235 has even been configured as a gunship with a side-mounted 30mm cannon and integrated weapons pylons for missiles and rockets, while the U.S. Coast Guard acquired CN235s as its medium-range surveillance aircraft in the service’s Integrated Deepwater System Program – with equipment including a roll-on, roll-off electronics suite accommodated through the rear ramp.

Topping off Airbus’ product range in the light- and medium-weight airlifter sector is a stretched CN235 fuselage version, designated the C295, which first flew in 1998. The C295 is equipped with more powerful turboprop engines, and has a maximum take-off weight of approximately 51,145 lbs. Built on the same final assembly line as the CN235, it is a robust and highly versatile platform with an extensive list of configuration possibilities: for intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR); as a water bomber with a roll-on/roll-off system carrying up to 7,000 litres of water/retardant; in maritime patrol and anti-submarine warfare duties; as an airborne early warning variant with a top-mounted 360-deg. radar dome; along with gunship and aerial tanker versions.

The C295W version is equipped with winglets, giving it the capability to transport more payload over longer distances, with fuel savings of approximately 4% and increased safety margins for hot-and-high conditions, as well as in mountainous regions.

Last edited:
The article is false by saying it is the first time that the plane is constructed outside Europe. The plane is a development of CN 235 that is both developed by CASA and IPTN (Indonesian Aerospace-change name into PTDI).

PTDI is still supplying some fuselage part for the C 295 program (part of the program supply chain) and assembled the planes in Indonesia for Indonesian orders.

--------------------------------------------

Since 2011 PTDI has an Industrial Collaboration with Airbus Defence & Space for CN295 program with the following work packages:

View attachment 889845
View attachment 889846

Stepping up in size, CASA and IPTN began a joint development of the larger CN235 in January 1980, leading to a first flight in November 1983. With active production continuing today at the Airbus industrial facility near Seville, Spain, more than 280 of these pressurised twin turboprop-powered, rear-ramp equipped aircraft have been ordered by military operators, civilian carriers and transport companies, as well as for government and paramilitary operators.

The versatility of this aircraft – which has a maximum take-off weight in the 16,000-kg. category – is demonstrated by the CN235’s diverse applications, covering the spectrum from airline flights, patrol and anti-drug trafficking to cargo, VIP duties and special missions.

The CN235 has even been configured as a gunship with a side-mounted 30mm cannon and integrated weapons pylons for missiles and rockets, while the U.S. Coast Guard acquired CN235s as its medium-range surveillance aircraft in the service’s Integrated Deepwater System Program – with equipment including a roll-on, roll-off electronics suite accommodated through the rear ramp.

Topping off Airbus’ product range in the light- and medium-weight airlifter sector is a stretched CN235 fuselage version, designated the C295, which first flew in 1998. The C295 is equipped with more powerful turboprop engines, and has a maximum take-off weight of approximately 51,145 lbs. Built on the same final assembly line as the CN235, it is a robust and highly versatile platform with an extensive list of configuration possibilities: for intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR); as a water bomber with a roll-on/roll-off system carrying up to 7,000 litres of water/retardant; in maritime patrol and anti-submarine warfare duties; as an airborne early warning variant with a top-mounted 360-deg. radar dome; along with gunship and aerial tanker versions.

The C295W version is equipped with winglets, giving it the capability to transport more payload over longer distances, with fuel savings of approximately 4% and increased safety margins for hot-and-high conditions, as well as in mountainous regions.

“This is for the first time, the C-295 aircraft will be manufactured outside of Europe. This is very significant for the domestic aerospace sector,” he said.

C-295 is same as C-235?

“This is for the first time, the C-295 aircraft will be manufactured outside of Europe. This is very significant for the domestic aerospace sector,” he said.

C-295 is same as C-235?

Did you read my comment above ?

Here again I repeat from the source

View attachment 889845
View attachment 889846

1666897561276.png

1666897581801.png

I read and what I could make out of it is that both are different aircrafts with different specifications, now I ask you again; Is C295 same as C235?

He he, Indian media like to lie, go read again my post

I read and what I could make out of it is that both are different aircrafts with different specifications, now I ask you again; Is C295 same as C235?

LOL Indian always like to lie

Here Airbus said it C 235 or CN 235 ?

Can't even answer a simple Yes/No and have the audacity to bullshit on everything under the sun? Lol

Do you blind ? CN 235 and C 295 is different plane, but both has connection. Go read my previous post dude and picture I posted.

LOL Indian always like to lie

Here Airbus said it C 235 or CN 235 ?

Do you blind ? CN 235 and C 295 is different plane, but both has connection. Go read my previous post dude and picture I posted.

If C-235 and C-295 are different planes why do you claim "article is false"?

Can 2 cars built on same platform with different features be called same car, or are you a stupido?

If C-235 and C-295 are different planes why do you claim "article is false"?

Can 2 cars built on same platform with different features be called same car, or are you a stupido?

HEI STUPID Indian

I repost again my above post.

Check this, dont just make bulshit in here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1666898561189.png

1666898578883.png

One more gem of a prediction from our resident ex-fart; now I understand why this fellow is so jelly

Screenshot_20221028-005143.jpg

"Assembled only, no manufacturing"- source: Indos the Indonesian Octopus

HEI STUPID Indian

I repost again my above post.

Check this, dont just make bulshit in here

View attachment 889852
View attachment 889853

Yeah Indonesia is part of C295 supply chain, does it mean Indonesia manufactures C-295?

I hope you know there are probably hundreds of companies all over the world involved in supply chains for a single C-295? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom