What's new

Aitizaz to start Lawyers' protest again

GOOD TOO SEE UR AROUND and well LOVELY JANA,

I am Honoured Sir

:) so at last i got your caring passionate compliment too. See i always say my opponents hate me but they also love me ;)

as always you have a different but refreshing point of view.

Regards

Hey Qudrati do you know what does "Kaway" mean??? (its an urdu word) :D

Actually i like Sharks, Lions and Snakes.

I am Honoured Sir

Hey Qudrati do you know what does "Kaway" mean??? (its an urdu word) :D

Actually i like Sharks, Lions and Snakes.

You lost me Kiwi (pronounced as Kaway) = some one from NZ ?

Where did Sharks and Lions and Snakes come from ? Are you talking about ur politicians ? Hah hah just a joke!

:pakistan:

Regards

WHAT world we were talking about? i guss world has been shrinked for pakistan, AS most of pakistans militry and political rulling ELLITE cant look anything but USA.:lol:

but lawyers movment in pakistan is going , far away tobe called a right one and lawyers around the world were not like pakistani lawyers, i mean unsenseable and oprtunist , the lawyers around the world doesnt adore voilence and they care thier countries.

unlike pakistani lawyers , who were so ignorant and thier activities cantbe recomemded by any responsible goverment in the world, so if democracy means only to agitate and create violent situations it , should be stop.:agree:
MAM, plz bring some conclusion to all this.

WHAT world we were talking about? i guss world has been shrinked for pakistan, AS most of pakistans militry and political rulling ELLITE cant look anything but USA..
:) Dear its the US who always look towards Pakistan Millitary.
And our politicians indeed when out of power look at US to lobby for them and bring them into power.

MAM, plz bring some conclusion to all this.

Well indeed what you said is right beacuse it is not the agitation or protest by lawyers that is annoying but the mode of their protest that is violent and aimed at creating mess in the country is what is not legal.

Secondly their protets can not be called fair or for judiciary as about 90 % of these lawyers are part of groups or you can say lawyers unions are backed by almost all the major political parties.
Hence their movement is more political in nature.

Demo outside deposed chief justice house; shelling by police

ISLAMABAD: Lawyers and members of civil society came under heavy shelling by police here at Judges Colony when they were protesting against the House Arrest of deposed chief justice, Iftikhar Muhammad Chuadhry on Monday. The police resorted to tear gas shelling when the protesting lawyers and representatives of civil society tried to removes the barbed wire laid around the residence of sacked chief justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry. The police managed to disperse the protesters but later they started to regroup and head towards to the residence of the deposed chief justice. When they were interrupted by the police, they started to head towards Ministers’ Enclave but then the police stopped them. The enraged protesters then began to chant slogans against the Attorney General of Pakistan (AGP), Malik Muhammad Qayum. Earlier, the lawyers and members of society tried to attack the passing vehicle of the AGP but they could not damage it as it made its way through the crowd in fast speed. The government earlier today contacted the deposed chief justice and allowed free movement of his family members. After this, aunt Sumaira of the children of Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry arrived at his residence to pay a visit but the already present police personnel stopped her from entering the house. She kept standing outside the house for a long time but was not granted permission to go inside. Spokesman of Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Advocate Athar Manallah told Geo News that the police also stopped him when he tried to meet the deposed CJ. He quoted Justice Ifikhar Chaudhry’s wife Palosha Iftikhar as saying “We have once again been locked in and informed that there is ban on our movement.”

Courtesy Geo

Black flag week to be observed from 9 to16 March

LAHORE: President Supreme Court Bar Association Chaudhry Aitzaz Ahsan announced Monday that a Black-flag week to be observed from 9 to16 March in token protest against the government. Sticking to his principled stand for the restoration of the judiciary, newly released SCBA president Aitzaz Ahsan unveiled a surprising new plan for the lawyers' movement while talking to newsmen. Aitzaz has declared he will be filing FIRs against those who have held deposed Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry under house arrest. Fresh out of house arrest, a defiant Aitzaz Ahsan says he is registering FIRs against Government high ups including ex-Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz and senior police officials for keeping deposed Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry and his family in illegal detention for over four months. Aitzaz reiterated that the long march had not been called off, but merely delayed to give the new parliament time to restore the pre-November 3rd judiciary. Instead, a Black Flag week will be held. Aitzaz Ahsan's release has rejuvenated the legal community, who is hoping that further concessions will be made by the new parliament for the independence of the judiciary and restoration of the judges. Aitzaz Ahsan also announced that he will go to Garhi Khuda Bux to offer Fatiha at the grave of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto.

Courtesy Geo

No possibility for deposed chief justice reinstatement: Dr. Afgan

MIANWALI: Former federal minister, Dr. Sher Afgan Niazi Monday said there is no possibility of restoration of deposed chief justice, Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry. In a statement issued here, Dr. Sher Afgan advised the President, Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) Aitezaz Ahsan to take into account the risks that formation of Government by the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) is facing at present before he files a case against President pervez Musharraf. Dr. Niazi said the political parties instead of focusing their attention on the people’s problems are throwing them into a mire of more unnecessary problems.

Courtesy Geo

Lawmakers asked to reinstate judges or meet same fate

By Syed Faisal Shakeel

LAHORE, March 2: Supreme Court Bar Association president Aitzaz Ahsan warned parliamentarians on Sunday that if they did not reinstate the deposed judges, they themselves could meet the same fate one day.

He was addressing people who gathered outside his Zaman Park residence after his four-month detention ended after the last restraining order issued by the Punjab government had lapsed.

“We don’t buy the idea that someone could suspend parliament, arrest the parliamentarians, amend the Constitution and say now go to parliament for a solution,” Mr Ahsan said.

He said that proponents of the theory that the illegal steps taken on Nov 3 could not be reversed without parliament were, in fact, justifying the illegality.

“They are trying to mislead parliament for which we want to ensure a full tenure,” Mr Ahsan added.

“Don’t blame us if the parliament failed to restore the judges and the parliamentarians got arrested tomorrow. I am sure nobody would raise a voice.”

He said his message was: “Give the people their judges back.”

He said all the deposed judges could resume work if the interior minister issued an order.

He said that the deposed chief justice, Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry, was still confined to his residence along with his school-going children. “Mohtarma Shaheed Benazir Bhutto, while standing in front of the barbed residence of the chief justice on Dec 10, had stated that Iftikhar Chaudhry was still the Chief Justice of Pakistan,” he recalled and said that the late prime minister wanted to launch a long march but was detained.

He said the lawyers laid stress on the long march because they wanted restoration of the pre-November 3 emergency to strengthen parliament.

“If anyone is to be weakened by the long march, it would be Gen Musharraf and his aides who need a compliant judiciary,” the SCBA chief said.

He said the lawyers wanted parliament to restore the judiciary and the Constitution and to give complete freedom of expression to the media.

He said if parliament failed to fulfil the demand, the lawyers would issue a fresh date for the long march.

He said if the lawyers needed to execute their plan for the march, not only the deposed but retired judges also would accompany them to Islamabad. The lawyers would converge from all directions and gather in Islamabad to free the deposed chief justice and all other judges.

Mr Ahsan said the lawyers would observe a black week from March 9, the date on which the chief justice was first detained last year, hoist black flags and hold conventions. He asked students to come forward and participate in the campaign for the restoration of judges.

He said he would go to Naudero on Monday to visit Ms Bhutto’s grave. Answering a question, Mr Ahsan said he had supported Makhdoom Amin Fahim’s name for the prime minister’s post but would go along with the party’s decision in this regard.

Later, he marched to The Mall, along with lawyers, activists, students and workers of the PPP and PTI.

Lawmakers asked to reinstate judges or meet same fate -DAWN - Top Stories; March 03, 2008

Iftikhar terms offer of family’s release a joke

By Ansar Abbasi

ISLAMABAD: Deposed chief justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry has termed the government’s announcement to release his wife and children a “mere joke”, and said even if it is true he could not leave his children at the mercy of those who know no moral bounds.

Talking to this correspondent on a specially arranged mobile phone, Justice Iftikhar said such hollow concessions offered after keeping them under illegal detention for four months were immaterial and of no consequence.

“Without being free myself, how could I leave my children at the mercy of those who have detained us illegally since Nov 3, 2007,” he asked, adding it would be like throwing your children into the jungle.

He wondered who would be responsible for their security and why should I send my daughters out with strangers. In situations where even my land telephones are disconnected and mobile SIMs blocked every now and then, how could I keep track of my children if they are even sent to school?

“If they are not allowed to get back to their home, what could I do then,” he apprehended. The deposed chief justice revealed that instead of easing the security it had further been tightened while locks at the main gates of his official residence were never opened.

Justice Iftikhar said with the blessing of Allah Almighty his children, including eight years Balaj, have an extremely high morale and have courageously gone through the worst period of their illegal detention. For how long, he asked, the government could keep them detained.

If excesses of Pharaohs, Namrod and Shaddaat did not work, the present ordeal would also come to an end. He was confident that worst days would soon be over and there would be rule of law and supremacy of the Constitution in the country. He was sure that it was a matter of days before the judiciary would be restored.

Referring to the Dec 27 killing of Benazir Bhutto, he said what worse could befall on the country, adding Allah Almighty has His own way of dispensing justice. He said he had taken him and his family’s prolonged ordeal as a test from the Creator and he really thanked his God Who has given him and his family courage to stay steadfast.

Iftikhar terms offer of family’s release a joke

Musharraf to face case under PPC: Aitzaz

By our correspondent

LAHORE: Lawyers have planned to proceed against President Pervez Musharraf and other senior officials under Pakistan Penal Code’s sections 344, 348, 109, 134 and 506, and other laws for keeping under confinement the chief justice and his family for more than 120 days, said Supreme Court Bar Association President Aitzaz Ahsan on Monday.

Addressing a press conference at his Zaman Park residence, he said an FIR in the case would be drafted keeping in mind the section 248 that provides immunity to the president. “But, we will not let Musharraf get away with these crimes,” a charged Aitzaz said.

Flanked by fellow lawyers, he said they knew how far the section ibid protects the President and would contest it in the courts. The President would have to pay in accordance with law, he added.

Further, the SCBA president said, civil suits worth billions of rupees would also be filed against all the officials involved in keeping under detention judges and lawyers’ leaders. He said the damages would be recovered from the personal properties of the defendants ‘as we do not wish to burden the state’.

“These offences are cognizable and non-bailable,” he said, announcing similar FIRs would be registered for Justices Sardar Raza Khan, Khalil-ur-Rehman Ramday, Falak Sher, Raja Fayyaz and others, who were not even allowed to offer Friday prayers in mosques.

About the plight of the deposed CJ’s detained family members, Aitzaz said, “For full four months, the children of the chief justice have not been allowed to step outside their home. The police set up camps on the lawns and have been sitting in the verandahs of their home, which is a heinous act.

“No king or sultan or Caesar or even pharaoh has ever committed such crimes like the ones committed by Musharraf against judiciary, who removed as many as 60 judges with one stroke of the pen.”

About lawyers’ proposed long march to Islamabad, he said the show had been delayed to give more time to the parliament yet to take up office. “It will be launched if required and all the deposed judges will accompany the lawyers in the demonstration,” he said. “We had one chief justice and one driver earlier, now we have 45 judges and thousands of drivers,” he added.

Aitzaz said retired judges Saeeduzzaman Siddiqui, Wajihuddin, Nasir Aslam Zahid, Fakhruddin G Ibrahim, Mamoon Qazi, former President Rafique Tarar, Zia Mehmud Mirza, Manzoor Sial and Ghulam Rabbani would also accompany the march.

“We will descend upon Islamabad from all sides in a peaceful manner,” he said. Dismissing that there were any legal complications in the reinstatement of judges, Aitzaz said the parliament did not require much time as the restoration of judges was just a phone call away; a call from the Interior Ministry to the inspector general of police to remove the barricades and policemen from the residences of judges and they would be back in the courts.

“We want the parliament to be empowered and we do not seek confrontation,” he said. “I would like to tell the MNAs-elect that we are their other arm and we are only against those forces that are resisting restoration of the deposed judges,” he added.

The SCBA chief said March 9 (Sunday) would be observed as a black day while a complete black flag week would be observed from March 9 to 16 as lawyers would ensure a shutdown on March 10 and 13. “We have planned for a telephonic address to the bars across the country by the CJ and me,” he said. “This call of the black week is limited to the legal community but civil society members and political parties who have been contacting us to play their roles are also welcome,” he added.

He praised the media’s role saying, “We would also like the continued support of the media in our struggle for restoration and independence of judiciary.” He asked journalists to defy the restraints clamped on media by PEMRA as top legal experts were willing to voluntarily take up legal action on behalf of the media.

Aitzaz said President Musharraf was on the threshold of his exit. He said the stance of lawyers was quite clear that all November 3 actions taken by Musharraf as army chief were illegal and unconstitutional. “Whoever says that judiciary cannot be restored without parliament is actually admitting that the November 3 act was constitutional,” he said.

“Musharraf needs a two-thirds majority to validate his acts and block restoration of the judiciary,” he said. He added the nation could not allow one person to strike down the constitution and remove judges. “If we let this go then tomorrow any military commander may go to the limits of arresting the members of parliament.”

Asked whether President Musharraf could be charged with treason under Article 6 of the constitution, Aitzaz said the President could be charged with treason if two-thirds majority failed to validate the steps taken on November 3.

To a question on lawyers’ appearance before PCO judges, he said, “We do not accept the PCO judges but lawyers have been attending their courts to save the masses from additional trouble.” He said the Supreme Court Bar Association would put in effect a new social contract to empower the parliament.

About the fate of the PCO judges, Aitzaz said it could be determined in view of the Al-jihad Trust case whereby the Supreme Court provided a mechanism to screen out the PCO judges. “Some will be retained while others will be screened out,” he said. He concluded that the reinstatement of the deposed judges was not a complex issue, and the legal fraternity would ensure in the coming days.

Musharraf to face case under PPC: Aitzaz

Lawyers move police against Musharraf

By Shakeel Anjum

ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court Bar has lodged a written complaint with the Secretariat Police Station against the rulers for keeping the deposed chief justice of Pakistan, other judges and their family members in illegal detention for over four months.

The president of Pakistan, the interior minister, the interior secretary, the Islamabad chief commissioner, the inspector general of the Islamabad police, the deputy commissioner, the SSP and the SHO (secretariat) were among those named in the complaint.

SSP Islamabad Syed Kaleem Imam, when contacted for his comments, confirmed that the secretariat police have received the application, which has been forwarded to the ministry of law for legal guidance.

Office-bearers of the Supreme Court Bar, High Court Bar and District Bar Associations, in an application, signed by advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan Athar Minallah, asked the secretariat police to book the nominated people under sections 338, 334, 341, 344, 441, 442, 593, 506, 107, 102-A and other enabling provisions, failing which further legal proceedings shall be initiated.

Earlier, hundreds of lawyers marched towards the Judges Enclave to meet deposed chief justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry but the police intercepted the rally.

This led to a clash between the police and lawyers. The police fired tear gas shells and resorted to baton-charge to disperse the gathering. The angry protestors, reportedly, damaged the car of the attorney general of Pakistan.

The secretariat police have registered two different cases against lawyers and members of the civil society for damaging the attorney general’s car. But the police authorities denied registration of FIRs, saying this was not yet decided.

Lawyers and the civil society members marched to the secretariat police station and lodged a written complaint against the president and top guns of the police and district administration. Bar councils in their application said: “We have been authorised and instructed by respective presidents of the High Court Bar Association, Rawalpindi Bar Association and Islamabad Bar Association to submit this application for registration of a criminal case under relevant provisions of the Pakistan Penal Code and other enabling provisions.”

The application says: “On March 9, 2007 the then Chief of Army Staff, Gen Pervez Musharraf, attacked the independence of judiciary by illegally using state machinery to criminally intimidate, coerce, threaten and assault the chief justice of Pakistan, Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry, so as to illegally force him to resign from his office.”

“On refusal to succumb to the illegal pressure, the chief justice of Pakistan was taken into custody and kept in illegal confinement and under house arrest along will other members of the family for more than two weeks.

Officials of the intelligence agencies and the administration, at the behest and on the orders of Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf, trespassed the official residence of the chief justice and kept him and members of his family in two rooms within the residence.”

“Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf publicly confessed and regretted the illegal and wrongful restraint and confinement.”

“On July 20, 2007, a seven-member bench of the Supreme Court honourably restored Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry as the chief justice of Pakistan and held that allegations in the reference against him were invalid, illegal and unconstitutional.

It is important to note that the evidence relating to the purported allegations in the reference had been withdrawn and lawyers representing Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf and the federation tendered apologies before the Supreme Court and the bench of the Supreme Court imposed a fine of Rs 100,000 on the federal government.”

“In a shameless act of revenge to satisfy his ego, Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf committed ‘high treason’ on Nov 3, 2007 when taking advantage of his position as Chief of the Army Staff he issued an illegal and unconstitutional order.

He, thereby, not only committed ‘high treason’ under Article 6 of the Constitution but also conspired to bring the Pakistan Army into disrepute for his personal gain and ego. He attacked the independence of judiciary yet again and the integrity and sovereignty of Pakistan as well,” the application says, adding on Nov 3, 2007 a seven-member bench of the Supreme Court headed by the chief justice of Pakistan suspended the proclamation of emergency and the PCO.

Authorities were restrained not to act in pursuance of the Proclamation or the PCO and held any act performed thereunder as illegal and unconstitutional. “Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf taking advantage of being the Chief of Army Staff and in flagrant violation of his oath as member of the armed forces criminally abused his authority by taking control of the Supreme Court in the evening of Nov 3, 2007 through law enforcement agencies.

The Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry, and other honourable judges, except five, who agreed to collaborate, were taken into custody. The acts were contempt of the Supreme Court. This also is contempt of the Supreme Court’s order dated November 3, 2007,” it was added.

“The officials of law enforcement agencies and the administration of Islamabad Federal Capital Territory at the behest of and on instructions from Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf criminally trespassed the official residences of the chief justice of Pakistan and other honourable judges of the Supreme Court.

Barbed wires were put all around the residences and roads leading to the judicial colony,” the application says. “The 18-year-old daughter of the chief justice of Pakistan, Ifra Iftikhar, was not allowed to leave the residence for taking her “A” Level examinations,” it maintained, adding the eight-year-old physically challenged son of the CJP, Balaj Iftikhar, who has been termed the ‘youngest political prisoner’ by local as well as international media, has not even been allowed to come out into the lawn, let alone allowing him to attend the school. The 16-year old Palwasha Iftikhar, a student of “A” Level, has also not been allowed to attend her school.”

“Justice Sardar Raza Khan, Justice Shakirullah Jan and Justice Nasirul Mulk also remain under wrongful restraint and confinement.” “Gen (retd) Musharraf and on his instructions and at his behest, the Minister of Interior, the Secretary Interior, the Chief Commissioner Islamabad, the IGP Islamabad, the SSP Islamabad, the DC Islamabad and other collaborators have committed offences, inter alia, punishable under the Pakistan Penal Code. The offences were committed on and after Nov 3, 2007,” it added.

“You are, therefore, advised to forthwith register FIR against the above named offenders under sections 338, 334, 341, 344, 441, 442, 503, 506, 107, 102-A and other enabling provisions failing which further legal proceedings shall be initiated,” the application maintained.

Lawyers move police against Musharraf

I GUSS, very great news for MR, MUSHARAF why? answer is simple which is that , lawyers agitation has reached to a point where , musharaf can come into action very easily in my veiw! now is the time that MUSHARAF can show the world that situation in pakistan isnt right for calling 1st session of newly formed parliment so he is delaying the 1st session for the period of 6 months and should go to aresst all the leaders of that voilent lawyers movement because they are interferying in the rule of law itself and because thier negative politics , pakistan isnt yet ready for smooth transfer of power.

this move can put a lot of stress on power hungry political leadership of pakistan, but for that musharaf have to show A IRON HAND to people like AITAZAZ & his wife at least they should be put in the prison for atleast 3 months without any delay at the same time he can tell the politicians tht they cant meet any ammbasdors or deligations from abroad without permission of govt.

MUSHARAF have to show the world tht he can do what ever he wants to do in his country. if he can show that to outside world belive me this pathatical world will be willing to work with him under his shadow , on his agenda.

once musharaf get his swing back, he will be incharge again. for that he have to support common people like before !he have to work it out how to reduce the raising prices and should take measures to plz commn man for that he can do whatever it takes to make comman man happy with him once agian

I wanted Musharraf to do these things since 2006, but i dont know why is he so reluctant to arrest these rioters and put them in jail for a long time.

He just arrests them cautiously and then the pathetic political parties along with our immature media, starts crying like babies.
Our nation deserves a dictator, which they are calling him these days anyway,.. but actually they really needed the dictator side of Musharraf which he hasnt shown since he came into power.
And yes he really needs to show the Iron-Hand to people like Aitezaz, and all his puppet extreme followers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom