What's new

Alliance with India in US interest – Chicago Sun

There wont be any alliance. Capitol hill claims India as a partner, doesnt matter what the media speculates. India is too big to join NATO and gang up against China.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

I didn't exactly mention that India is to join NATO. I implied that the USA wanted to create an Asian alliance that is similar to NATO. All for the sake of ganging up against China. That I really oppose.

And speaking of a pro-US "Asian alliance" go, there is already one: SEATO :azn:
Southeast Asia Treaty Organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The South East Asian Treaty Organization is something we never even hear of. Pakistan is a member :rofl:

Muhammad Bhai! Your slip is showing! The last line of your's that I've put in bold IS NOT PART OF THE ARTICLE!! You have cleverly interposed it to be seen like it is part of the article itself! Jeeez! The link in case anyone is interested is here...

Alliance with India in U.S. interest - Chicago Sun-Times

Your analysis that 'Pakistan should continue defence partnership with China,North Korea ,Iran and Russia to counter US/ISRAEL/INDIA threat in South,Central and East Asia' is flawed. Presently, there is NO defence partnership between Pakistan and Russia, Iran. North Korea and China of course have strong military oriented partnerships with Pakistan especially where nuclear weapons and missile technology are concerned. The blatant nuclear and missile proliferation is the hallmark of this three way relationship.

Cheers!

Pakistan need Russian and Chinies support for complete withdrawal of US and NATO forces from Afghanistan.

Pakistan need Russian and Chinies support for complete withdrawal of US and NATO forces from Afghanistan.

Russia supports USA in Afghanistan , they are even giving the Americans alternate supply lines. You see , even the Chechen extremists got safe haven in Afghanistan when the Taliban came to power in the 90's .

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

I didn't exactly mention that India is to join NATO. I implied that the USA wanted to create an Asian alliance that is similar to NATO. All for the sake of ganging up against China. That I really oppose.

And speaking of a pro-US "Asian alliance" go, there is already one: SEATO :azn:
Southeast Asia Treaty Organization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The South East Asian Treaty Organization is something we never even hear of. Pakistan is a member :rofl:

SEATO? :lol: looks like a chinese copy of NATO!!...

Hopefully India knows what its getting into.

well we arent planning to get into it, and hopefully china understands that india wants friendly relations and wouldnt compromise on the 'building' relations with china .

I higly doubt this last statement is part of article because any sane person knows Pakistan cannot have better ties than Indian with Iran and Russia. Also there is no reports of any kind of diplomatic relations between Pak and North Korea, but yeah because of China N.Korea might be willing to be friend with Pak.

I mean except China and N.Korea i don't know why anyone else will be ready to make a block. India-Russia-Israel will always be friends. US-India are like friends with benefits and as far as Iran is considered i highly doubt India will make its relation so worse with Iran that Iran will be forced to join a group against India most importantly because India gets most of its oil from Iran....

When you look at international relations today, the main division is between US vs China & Russia. India would eventually need to develop its policy base on this reality.

What amuses me is that historically US was the buddy of Pakistan and Russia was the buddy of India. Now with India becoming more and more friendly with the US + Nato gang and anti-US sentiments in Pakistan i wonder how things will turn out, esp between India and Russia defence relations.

This relationship will start to sour. Would Russia trust India with its latest technology if India become closer to the US. Indians need to realize that US and Russia are not friends and do not trust each other. If India move close toward US, its moving further away from Russia.

This relationship will start to sour. Would Russia trust India with its latest technology if India become closer to the US. Indians need to realize that US and Russia are not friends and do not trust each other. If India move close toward US, its moving further away from Russia.

Are you the policy maker in India or Russia or do you see through crystal balls. :)

Are you the policy maker in India or Russia or do you see through crystal balls. :)

This is just the reality. The defining fault line in today's geopolitical world is US vs Russia+China. India will gain something in short term by standing in the middle. But will fall between the cracks if it does not choose a side.

This is just the reality. The defining fault line in today's geopolitical world is US vs Russia+China. India will gain something in short term by standing in the middle. But will fall between the cracks if it does not choose a side.

Ofcourse US wants us to choose a side. Do you really think the politicians in India are dumb not to see through what US has to gain with India and why India, China and Russia should be a single block for economic development (note, not military).

India is most benefited by sticking to those policies beneficial tp developing countries than to side with US.

No, alliance with phillipines and indonesians. the latter will also help US polish a "friendly" image to the muslim world.

Back
Top Bottom