What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Gentlemen, I think this will clarify the last debates.

Dünyanın en modern tanklarından birisi olacak olan Altay ana muharebe tankında seri üretim aşamasına geçilmek üzere olduğu belirtildi.

Yürüyen aksamların test edilmesi için MTR, atış testleri için FTR prototiplerinin test edilmesinin ve zırhında testleri geçmesinin ardından tankın son halini gösteren 2 adet nihai prototipin üretiminin tamamlandığı ve test edildiği bildirildi.

Testlerin olumlu sonuçlanması halinde 2015 yılı başlarında seri üretime geçilmesi ve 2017 yılında ilk tankın teslim edilmesi planlanıyor. İlk parti olarak 250 adet tank üretimi ön görülüyor.

İlk parti Altay'larda tankı düşman mühimmatlarından koruyan Aktif Koruma Sistemi yani AKKOR'un bulunmayacağı da belirtiliyor. Daha sonra üretilecek olan 250 adet Altay'a bu sistem entegre edilecek. Ardından ilk parti 250 adetlik Altay tankı da modernize edilerek bu yeteneğ sahip olacak

Source:

Milli Tankta Sona Gelindi - Tarafsız Haber

Excellent news.
  • Altay prototypes have passed tests
  • Serial production to start in 2015
  • First deliveries in 2017
  • First 250 tanks will not have APS
  • Second batch of 250 will have aps (insallah)
  • First batch will then be modernized
The only bad thing though is that the Altay wont have APS right way. Too bad because thats what other modern tanks are getting already. I dont expect many foreign sales untill akkor is ready. In the mean time I would get a foreign aps. Maybe from south korea.

S. Korea Develops Active Protection System for Armor | Defense News | defensenews.com

Gentlemen, I think this will clarify the last debates.

Dünyanın en modern tanklarından birisi olacak olan Altay ana muharebe tankında seri üretim aşamasına geçilmek üzere olduğu belirtildi.

Yürüyen aksamların test edilmesi için MTR, atış testleri için FTR prototiplerinin test edilmesinin ve zırhında testleri geçmesinin ardından tankın son halini gösteren 2 adet nihai prototipin üretiminin tamamlandığı ve test edildiği bildirildi.

Testlerin olumlu sonuçlanması halinde 2015 yılı başlarında seri üretime geçilmesi ve 2017 yılında ilk tankın teslim edilmesi planlanıyor. İlk parti olarak 250 adet tank üretimi ön görülüyor.

İlk parti Altay'larda tankı düşman mühimmatlarından koruyan Aktif Koruma Sistemi yani AKKOR'un bulunmayacağı da belirtiliyor. Daha sonra üretilecek olan 250 adet Altay'a bu sistem entegre edilecek. Ardından ilk parti 250 adetlik Altay tankı da modernize edilerek bu yeteneğ sahip olacak

Source:

Milli Tankta Sona Gelindi - Tarafsız Haber

I bet we will see the final form of the tank in IDEF 2015.

Except engine, everything is Turkish made.
That means GUN, ELEctronics and armor all Turkish design and produce that is a great job you guys have done. This is even more advanced than INDIA since the arjun uses forign products as I read some where Good luck.

Last edited:
That means GUN, ELEctronics and armor all Turkish design and produce that is a great job you guys this more advanced than INDIA since the arjun uses forign products as I read some where Good luck.
Many of the bigger projects are starting to bear their fruits. Inshallah in a few years we will see many of the big main projects join the militaries inventory.

I have question off topic if you don't mind.

since when Turkey start building it's industry on this scale I see Turkey advanced almost in many fields Turkish companies have many projects in Iraq rebuilding its infrastructures plus in many other countries.

since when Turkey start building it's industry on this scale I see Turkey advanced almost in many fields Turkish companies have many projects in Iraq rebuilding its infrastructures plus in many other countries.

If you mean defence industry everything started just after Cyprus peace operation. The west emborgoed us then our lawmakers realized that we need an independent defence industry so most of the leading defence companies have been established after that.

Many project such as Altay, Anka, Atak are decades old we just see them recently because the developement comes to end and start of the production phase begins.

Mate, it didn't happened over a night.. We can say Industrialization of Turkey begin with Ataturk and came to today.

Don't judge Turkey's industry with construction sector because we are exceptionally good at that sector (World's second after China)... Although in other sectors we are still ahead of the countries in our region, we are still lagging behind Europe.

Mate, it didn't happened over a night.. We can say Industrialization of Turkey begin with Ataturk and came to today.

I think after Ataturk Sahib, Turkiye's development stagnated considerably and it became the sick man of Europe and it wasn't until the favorable policies of the '90s and the AKP making use of those policies (Kemal Dervish was the author of those economic policies I think), Turkiye picked up from when it was growing but at a snail's pace.

Now Turkiye is a rising power on its way to becoming a developed country. :kiss3:

Don't judge Turkey's industry with construction sector because we are exceptionally good at that sector (World's second after China)... Although in other sectors we are still ahead of the countries in our region, we are still lagging behind Europe.

See @xenon54 just because hes associated with the construction industry he likes to show off ! :disagree:

I have a strong suspicion that hes been sabotaging Turkiye's 'electro-galvanizing' industry so that you don't get ahead of him ! :mad:

Well construction is a good sector to start a industrialisation, for construction you need steel, cement, stones, construction machines etc. All of them need to be produced somewhere and as far as i know Turkish company are pretty strong in production of theese stuff.

I think after Ataturk Sahib, Turkiye's development stagnated considerably and it became the sick man of Europe and it wasn't until the favorable policies of the '90s and the AKP making use of those policies (Kemal Dervish was the author of those economic policies I think), Turkiye picked up from when it was growing but at a snail's pace.

Ottomans at the end was the sick man of Europe to be precise, Turkey had phases of development which got disturbed by political unrests, for exsample Turkey was 19th biggest economy in 80s and dropped later, now its again ~16th.

See @xenon54 just because hes associated with the construction industry he likes to show off ! :disagree:

I have a strong suspicion that hes been sabotaging Turkiye's 'electro-galvanizing' industry so that you don't get ahead of him ! :mad:
Bro galvanising is also important in construction, what do you think who is coating the ventilation tubes Sinan is using, or Chroming the water taps in bathrooms? :)

Nope.
Sick man of Europe title belong to late Ottoman Empire. Lot's of advancement happened between 1938 and 2002.

Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu made a good point today.

He said "Turkey GDP growth had been 5.2% between 1923 and 2002. But between 2002 and 2013 it had been 4.7%. So stop telling people lies"....

He has a good point this time. :meeting:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom