What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

I have read that in other news sites as well. It's worth a thread in Land Warfare I believe :yahoo:

Hope we get that.. I can imagine how painfull it would be for the germans they Did not sold us Leopard Tanks so we decided to build oneown and this tank steals a job and alamanya stays two times harmed without selling something..
And then Germany will not deliver the engines for Altay, dont make Germans angry. :D

We are working on a engine but who know what the result will be, till then dont make them angry pls. :)

I know that we are trying to build one.. we should stay as much as independed from alamanya

the worst thing is that our government did not try to build one when they decided to build altay.. we lost some years

Surface dispersal and the resulting less pressure takes care of that right? The Abrams was everywhere in Afghanistan (similar terrain to Pakistan) and as for sand, it seems to have been in Iraq forever.

Bro, if India gone for Arjun Tank and Mk2 in large number, and invested and improved its infrastructure, and built the capability for reliable deployment of Arjun. Then Pak going to need a heavy tank to pitted against him.

Still there is no threat from Arjun to Pak, because of logistic and infrastructure problems. But that become reality if it improve and Arjun deployed in large number say 700-1000.

Can't the russians fill that gap if the germans choose to withdraw
I seriously dont know but Altay is a tank in western standarts and much heavier, i dont know if we can install a Russian engine that easily.
Another question is would Russia supply us with enough engines.

I seriously dont know but Altay is a tank in western standarts and much heavier, i dont know if we can install a Russian engine that easily.
Another question is would Russia supply us with enough engines.

Tried to look into it, If we consider Torque - HorsePower ratio equal on all engines, than the strongest engine which Russia is building is 1250 HP for the T-90M, which is 250 HP short, I guess they can develop 1500+ if they want to, the other 2 points supply and compatibility. Well Altay is still prototyping so compatibility can be worked around, coming to supply this can be a issue, can they produce the number of engines and parts we need and if they can are they willing to supply us with those engines even though it might give them some income.

Tried to look into it, If we consider Torque - HorsePower ratio equal on all engines, than the strongest engine which Russia is building is 1250 HP for the T-90M, which is 250 HP short, I guess they can develop 1500+ if they want to, the other 2 points supply and compatibility. Well Altay is still prototyping so compatibility can be worked around, coming to supply this can be a issue, can they produce the number of engines and parts we need and if they can are they willing to supply us with those engines even though it might give them some income.
And dont forget that Altay is heavier than T-90.

And dont forget that Altay is heavier than T-90.

With 20 tons, yeah, I tried to look into Torque values of the engines, but couldn't found them, thats is why I assumed Horsepower-Torque ratio equal on all engines, The Russians seem to be building a new tank platform "Armata" planned to use a engine which is comparable with one we are using now. Its weight 55~ tons. As long as it generates enough torque and can get up to speeds of 60+ km/h it should also be enough for our needs.

For the record : I prefer Tumosan making a breakthrough with the engine development.

Gentlemen, I think this will clarify the last debates.

Dünyanın en modern tanklarından birisi olacak olan Altay ana muharebe tankında seri üretim aşamasına geçilmek üzere olduğu belirtildi.

Yürüyen aksamların test edilmesi için MTR, atış testleri için FTR prototiplerinin test edilmesinin ve zırhında testleri geçmesinin ardından tankın son halini gösteren 2 adet nihai prototipin üretiminin tamamlandığı ve test edildiği bildirildi.

Testlerin olumlu sonuçlanması halinde 2015 yılı başlarında seri üretime geçilmesi ve 2017 yılında ilk tankın teslim edilmesi planlanıyor. İlk parti olarak 250 adet tank üretimi ön görülüyor.

İlk parti Altay'larda tankı düşman mühimmatlarından koruyan Aktif Koruma Sistemi yani AKKOR'un bulunmayacağı da belirtiliyor. Daha sonra üretilecek olan 250 adet Altay'a bu sistem entegre edilecek. Ardından ilk parti 250 adetlik Altay tankı da modernize edilerek bu yeteneğ sahip olacak

Source:

Milli Tankta Sona Gelindi - Tarafsız Haber

Back
Top Bottom